main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Kool Fan Film

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/apr06.html

Scroll the the bottom link and watch these highschool kids go. I'm impressed, and jealous that I didn't get to join....

2. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Yeah Ryan Weiber did that a couple years back as a submission to a forum for a lightsaber choreography contest. It took them a couple of months to put it all together but the great thing about it was their perservierence. Both kids were still in highschool and both lived on opposite ends of the state. They met for one weekend and shot the thing and then Ryan took it home and edited it up over the next several weeks.

Ryan's got a whole heck of a lot under his belt in the ways of cinematic art and he can do a lot with cheating which is what makes him so valueable. He set up a website with this video and several others as his portfolio and it got the attention of Lucas Arts. They hired him on for, I think, a two year term which was cut abruptly due to financial issues. He was one of the lead effects artists for Republic Commando.

Nice guy, very talented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.