main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOP symbol design

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by iycis, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I did orginally toy with that idea but when it was drawn it looked rather cluttered with 3 symbols stacked directly on top of each other. This might work if you want to keep the lightsaber or the Naboo symbol out of the design, but then its really not unique to our Fan Force.

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I just had a idea, how would it look if you took the Naboo symbol and had 2 lightsabers cross behind it like a X? I don't know if this idea has been tried or not but that's my 2 cents anyway.
    BTW, welcome back from Cali.

3. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    That's a possibility. Although I'm not sure if its easier for the person embroidering it to keep the design on a background of some sort...like the circle. I could always do the lightsabers and Naboo symbol on a simple background. I would like to make my intentions clear though that I don't want to exclude anyone. I know we've got people who affiliate themselves with the rebel legion and the 501 so that's why I incorporated both symbols. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not representing both sides. However, if no one really cares, then by all means let me know.

Also, thanks for the welcome back, Maleficant.

4. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    UPDATE: Iycis is working on making some modifications to the logo design with the lightsaber. As soon as I get it I'll post it in the Yahoo mailing list. Then we'll make a final decision and get our shirts and patches ordered.

Yay!
    Jenni

5. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok everyone, go check out the final logo design here and click on the photos link on the left. The picture is called "Final Proposed Logo".

Around the edge of the logo it will read at the top: Philadelphia Outer Rim
    and at the bottom:
    King of Prussia, PA FanForce

6. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Very cool, I like it :D

7. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Totally cool!!!!
    Hey, one thought (though it's probably too late.)

What about putting a small silloette of the the Liberty Bell in the white area in the upper right. Sorta cradled by the Rebel wing?

Just a thought, but it sounds like this is the final version. That's cool too!

Have fun!

8. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Iycis, great job on the final verison of the symbol! I think this one's a winner!:)

9. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Thanks to all for the compliments and helpful ideas. Sorry it looks rather grainy but I didn't have any markers at the time.

10. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Nice Work! Light and Dark logos combined.....
    I like the idea of the Liberty Bell, if only to help make the logo less generic/more identifiable to our group.

11. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    It would be nice to have something distict to our area.

I was going through the exisiting FanForce Icons in the "Choose Your Icon" section and noticed this logo for the Omaha Fan Force:
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/offsm.jpg]

Your logo looks awesome Natasha. I just wish there was some way to make it distictive.

How about trying a picture of the Millenium Falcon parked in the KoP mall parking lot 8-} (JK).

Have fun!

12. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Oh great. This stinks. Now I have to redo it again! Argh! Nick, good idea, but that might be hard to embroider. Its probably best to stick to a simple bold design. Anyone wanna go back to that one with the rebel/imperial symbols with the Naboo symbol over top? We should have something Naboo-esqe considering its sort of our "theme". Ideas please!!!

13. Mil-jata

Mil-jata Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    I agree with the simple approach.

Just my 2 cents

14. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    I was just kidding about the Falcon thing. (See the face and JK.)

I always liked the Naboo symbol, especially with our theme.

Have fun.

15. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ideas needed!?! Ok, here is my 2 cents yet again!:)
    I think maybe we should just stick to the Naboo symbol alone since most other clubs have at least one of the other symbols in their logo, if not both it seems.
    Maybe we could have the Naboo symbol in the background and have 2 sabers crossing over it, then around the symbol we can make it read "Philly Outer Rim...".
    If it would look alright, maybe in the center have the liberty bell over the sabers.

16. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Some really good ideas folks. Thanks for letting Iycis know. I, too, was disappointed to see that Omaha had the same idea.

Another idea would be the Liberty Bell with lightsabers incorporated somehow.

Iycis, let me know when you could have a good scannable drawing done. I'd really like to get our patches and shirts done before Thanksgiving. :)

17. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Iycis is going to redesign our logo AFTER Halloween. With finishing up Halloween costumes and doing schoolwork, we're going to put this off until there is more time...

Thanks!

18. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    You all are going to have to bear with me on this. Especially since I don't get to check the boards much and I'm tied down with classes, stage managing duties, and various other things. Since there are a few good ideas that want to be realized, I'm going to try my best to get several drawn up in the next few weeks. Thanks in advance for your patience.

19. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    I tried looking at Calixte's post of 10/1 to check out was the then the final logo but I couldn't get access, cause I am not a member. If anyone has a picture or anything - I would like to check it out.

20. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok guys, here is the link for the FINAL logo design. Yay! Click on the folder named KofP Logo Design to see it. Thanks to Natasha who designed it. The background patch color will be silver grey and and then we will have four colors in embroidery: red, black, blue and gold. Now what I need is someone who can take this design and create a really clean copy in a graphics program like Photoshop. Any takers? PM me!

:)

21. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    I can take care of the graphics work.
    Just making sure...

We're going forward with the Half&Half Empire/Rebel with saber-in-the-middle logo like Omaha's FF logo, right?

This looks great with the Naboo emblem too.

I should be able to come up with several versions of the logo: solid color for a embroidery template, icon size, 3D Medallion, maybe some more. Any ideas?

Is there a paper version of this I can scan? or can you email me a Hi Res scan. (I can put the hires version on our site ya know.)

Have fun!

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Nick,
    Thanks for taking care of putting it into digital format. We've already decided on the color scheme: The patch will be a silver grey background - non-embroidered. The Imperial half symbol is black, the Rebel half symbol is red. The Naboo symbol should be metallic gold, and the lightsaber should be a little darker than a sky blue. The hilt of the lightsaber we want to change to the Jedi Outcast shaped lightsaber b/c it is a solid and does not entail the detail - too hard for embroidery. The hilt should be metallic gold too since black will just blend in with the Imperial symbol.

I'm not sure what you mean by 3D and medallion...could you explain for us laypeople? :)

Thanks.

23. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    First pass...
    [image=http://www.PhillyOuterRim.org/images/logotest1.jpg]

More refinements to follow.
    Have fun.

24. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
  25. PadawanNick

Jun 6, 2001
    >> "explain 3D and medallion"
    Mmmm. Well, a picture is worth a thousand, right?
    Experiment #1:

[image=http://www.phillyouterrim.org/images/medalliontest.jpg]

Have fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.