main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Korribanska Krcma: Slavinsanity Inside

Discussion in 'Archive: Croatia' started by Cobranaconda, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Dunno about Croatians, but I tend to get obsessed with cultures every other day. Japan's been one of my longest ones. Anyway, I'm doing a test run to see if I can live in another culture without too much difficulty for my future plan of getting the hell out of the UK :p

2. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    I don't know why but everyone is talking about Japan lately. It's a new trend.
    Most probably manga/anime fault.

Why do you want leave UK? I only know people who want to go there lol.

3. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I've wanted to leave the UK since I was about 8. I seriously hate it here. It's just so... easy. I want a challenge. That's why Japan's fun. No one here speaks English very well at all (apart from at Metal concerts, bizarrely), so it's a challenge.

4. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Everyone around you going on about Japan all the time as well?!? Thought I was the only one, lol... Well, I know how you feel. Oooo znam. :p
    And now you can even buy a manga with Vecernji! :D :rolleyes: [face_tired]
    :p

If you're a British citizen. But no, even then, it's not the conception of the country I gained whilst living there. According to what I saw and have been told, my British friends don't think living there is actually easy. But on the other hand, they're not the best at perceiving other cultures. They just can't accept the fact that elsewhere there are real ice-creams, not the dull universal-looking thingy which is sold there. :p (That being the best example, lol)

5. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    I'm not!
    ;)

6. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I have another theory for why Japan is so popular.

Japanese school uniforms are so hot.

7. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Er... riiiight. :p

8. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Or that roughly 85% of the female population under 25 is extremely cute (10x higher than the UK... :p )

9. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    It's not that difficult to impress you, granted that the UK has one of the ugliest populations in general? Gene pool isolation ftl.

EDIT: Um, okay, Japan has been in isolation for pretty long time as well. Apparently that part of the world was created with more intelligent design.

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    I like the (new) banner. :)

11. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I went to Japan once for two weeks. Stayed mostly on the island of Awaji with a friend of the family.

12. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Aug 30, 2005
    I haven't been outside Europe yet. :(

13. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    [face_shame_on_you] See now, there's no excuse for that. In my case the Americas are pretty isolated, but you're just a stone's throw from Africa and Asia. :p

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    The problem with Europe is that there're enough different cultures inside the continent to keep people occupied for quite a while :p

15. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    Hey, we have that here too! Although it's mainly concentrated in large cities.

16. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    USA has so many different kinds of cowboy hats it would keep you occupied for an even longer while! :p

17. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    I prefer baseball caps. :p

Though my dad has this horrid sweat-stained wide-brim cowboy hat. It's the most wretched thing ever.

18. blitztrooper

blitztrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2008
    I've been to Canada twice. Last time 4 years ago. I have some relatives over there. But only Europe and North America for me. To be honest I don't travel much.

19. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Aug 30, 2005
    Is there anyone else here who is sick and tired of Helloween nonsence in Croatia (and Europe in general). It's just not our thing. We have ma?kare instead, but helloween is just some american custom you see on TV. Just cause it's on TV doens't meen we have to start it...

20. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Aug 26, 2004
    I'm tired of halloween and I'm american...the only good thing is it's an excuse to throw a huge street party, only this year my city got rained out. But the whole weird costume and junk food aspect I'm not really keen on. That stuff's for kids.

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Only reason I enjoy it is the irony of Christian parents taking their kids out to observe a very pagan tradition :p

22. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    Agreed with Noldor. Halloween is just not our thing and even translation sounds stupid: Noc Vjestica - Witches Night! I wouldn't mind if its just excuse for a party, but it is also excuse for changing program on TV with some american horror movies etc etc. And 1. November is the important day, at least it should be. Unfortunately its all becoming too "americanized" and zombies become more important than memory of our dead.

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Halloween in Croatia = lame.
    1) We have ma?kare/fa?nik in February.
    2) It's a TV induced custom that doesn't really have any meaning here. Actually there would be more appropriate since I'm not at home home right now. ;)

And I am now slightly embarrassed to admit that this year I have participated in a Halloween party. As Hermione. And ended up at Platform 9 and 3/4 at 1 am... :p [face_blush]
    It was so much fun.
    But yes, khm, Halloween is wrong.

;)

24. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005

I expected people would get used to stupid translations by now. This is no surprise after so many massacred books and films we mentioned in one or two threads here.

Correct. Weeesa don't carrrre of your hal-o-weeeeen. Bblllll!

And? Did you ended up on the other side? ;)

25. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005

Ma gle ti tko to citira Gungance... :eek: o_O ;)

26. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Unfortunately, no. But then again, it wasn't 1st of September. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.