main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya’s 1/7 Star Wars Bishoujo Jaina Solo

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have one of those on pre-order, just waiting for the store's shipment to come in. The next in line is Mara Jade. I like that they're opting to go the EU route - gives them a lot of flexibility for posing, etc.

3. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Wait, where was it confirmed that Mara was next? If that's true, then dangnabit, I may be convinced to collect these Star Wars bisjoujo's after all...

My wallet already hurts from my Gunplas and my Super Sentai Ranger Keys...

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I didn't attend, but that was the news that came out of the Koto panel at 2012's SDCC.

5. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    If that's true, then sweet.

Would be great to see more down the line. Aside from Leia and Padme from the movies, other EU females that would be great to make the Bisho cut are Bastilla, Zannah, Aayla, Ahsoka, Satine, Tahiri, Talon, Marisiah, and Ania.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha - my pre-order just came in - so she'll probably arrive here early next week!

I'd love to see Leia and Padme, I just hope they get creative w/ the outfits that they pick and don't just go for the usuals.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You'll have to post some pics when you get it.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well of course! :)

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also let us know how hard/easy the assembly was. I've got three Fetts (Jango and two Bobas) and had issues with all 3. (Mostly attachment of heads or arms..)
    Heating the parts that joined with a hair dryer to soften them a bit helped.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Really? I only have one Koto - it's the first Yoda and he went together perfectly.

Got confirmation that Jaina's on her way - I'm psyched! I'm also stressing - I don't have room on my EU shelf for her :oops:

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Miss cutie Jaina Solo arrived! Here's my review of her!

A couple of pics for you that aren't locked in my slideshow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks pretty nice!

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I like it too :)

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Tad anime-esque... but I want it nonetheless!

15. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    To be fair, that is sorta the point of the Bishoujo line.

Hell, just look at what they do to the likes of the Marvel and DC females. Jaina here looks normal by comparison.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I really hope that whatever females they come out w/ down the road, all of them remain "normal." I'm sorry but none of our female actresses have bazonga boobs or squirmed around on the floor writhing for male attention.

Something tells me that Lucasfilm/DISNEY won't allow that anyways.

I really do love this Jaina figure - her costume is lovely and it's nice seeing a fresh, young character being made!

17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    In fact, despite how small this seemingly is, I have a conspiracy theory that Jaina being the first Bishoujo and not Leia or Padme, coupled with her upcoming book trilogy, is a viral campaign to making her eventually be included in Episode VII.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure this figure was announced before the Disney announcement.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I think she was announced either late 2010 or early 2011 - been waiting A LONG time for her to show up. My pick? The people at Koto threw SW girl names in a hat and picked one - VOILA! Get us a concept art piece and we'll do her first!

Actually they probably had a lot more creative license to work w/ the EU ladies which is likely why they picked them first.