main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Does any one know a good place to get these figures. They where on SWshop but now the ones i want are gone.

They are the coolest things i've seen. I want to get the clone trooper.

dkt

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I am assuming you are in the US, dkt, as that is where these places are. And I noticed on the first site that they are saying Jan 2005 for Boba. :(

Entertainment Earth

Emerchandise

TFAW

Just search on Kotobukiya.

3. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    Nice, thanks....

I was wondering if anyone knew the cheapest site. I have to say that the vader and Maul look very very good. I wet my pants when i saw them...but not really.

dkt

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Most of the sites I have seen are around the same price, especially here in the UK.

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Has anyone found the Koto Boba yet outside of Japan and eBay? I have 2 sites I have been watching in the UK. One has him listed for preorder and just backed the date off from October to November. The other site
    just has him listed as 'email when available' and it has been that way for a couple of months. Some of the US sites I have looked on say December. Anyone have any new info on when this is coming out?

6. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm looking for him too, LAJ, and hope to pick him up at Memorabilia here in Glasgow, two weeks on Saturday! If he is there and they have more than 1, do you want me to pick him up for you?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I can let you know in a day or so, JED1 - Tim is pursuing an eBay auction that ends in about 12 or so hours for him. I'm getting pretty hacked off at the delays on this. I think you will be lucky if you find him at Memorabilia. I say that but then I found VOTC 12-inch Boba at the last one and only one stand had him..

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Well Tim is the Ebay-master so I am sure he'll come through for you! Here's hoping anyway! :D

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I will let you know!

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, the Ebay-master lost that auction but he has Boba on 'buy-it-now'. It's a pre-order though so I am not sure when it will actually ship.

11. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Checkout the official starwarsshop.com for a limited edition run (500 a piece) of the Kotobukiya Corporal and Sergeant sandtroopers.

These should sell-out soon and be on ebay for twice the price in two months.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got my Boba from TFAW today - finally! I am a happy camper... :D

13. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I like the Koto Boba but at 99.99 at ly local comic shop it seemd pretty pricey.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just finished building Jango and Boba. If you want to see the result, click here. They were a bit harder than I thought - Jango's torso halves didn't want to snap together. And I had to redo one of Boba's arms when I forgot to put the wookiee braids on first. But I got them done eventually..

15. WitchKing73

Oct 8, 2003
    The new Kotobukiya Scout Trooper was shown a few days ago at the Super Festival Vol.35 in Tokyo. It will probably be released in Japan sometime in March and hit the U.S. later this summer. Pictures can now be found at the rebelscum.com website.

I don't collect the Koto "trooper" designs, but this sculpt is amazing. One can almost see the muscles strain under the uniform. Should please all the SW collector connoisseurs of good taste.

16. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Do you all think that the 99.99 price tag is worth it? I think 49.99 is far more reasonable of a price.

If hey wanted to create a "deluxe" figure that was pre-assembled and had a lot of articulation so you could create whatever pose you saw fit and released it for 99.99 then I would be more willing to purchase some.

17. PYREXIA23

PYREXIA23 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    i have Boba fett,Darth vader,and a clone trooper the clone trooper is my favoirite is pose kick ass!!!!!!!

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    My latest addition to my Koto collection is Yoda. A very nice piece, an excellent sculpt that just oozes ages old wisdom!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Some pics of the upcoming Koto Chewbacca figure have been posted here on Rebelscum.
    I don't know about this one - something seems a bit 'off' about Chewie's face to me..

20. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I gotta get me one of these!

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/3927-KOTOSWSCOUTVINYL.jpg

21. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I'ld like that Vader as well.

I'm gonna have to wait till after C3 and the divorce to start trying to get any of these.

The new Scout trooper looks cool.

22. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    hmmm, being a student, i can't afford such splendor and bounty.

dkt

23. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Picked up the new Koto Chewbacca and Sandtrooper Squad Leader today and I must say this line since and including Boba Fett is just getting better and better. Don't get me wrong the first figures, Vader, Maul etc are great too but the detail on the last few releases is just awesome! Long may it continue!

24. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If you think the Kotobukiyas go for alot, go to ebay and do a search for the Attakus statues! I would love to have the Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Palpatine, and Royal Guard Attakus statues, but the four of them together would probably be over 2,000 dollars. I don't know why they make so few of them, they could make a killing off of them if they mass produced them. I guess they are more interested in making "limited collectibles" than making people happy and getting lots of money in the process.

25. WitchKing73

Oct 8, 2003
    New pictures of the Special Ops Clone Trooper & Hooded "evil" Anakin up at rebelscum.com and many other places.

Opinion;

Clone Trooper sculpt looks awesome. "Hats-off" to Koto! They really nail these "trooper" designs. Might we also expect some paint variants in this line to cover some of the other colored Clone Troopers? Bring on the Shock Trooper!

Hooded "evil" Anakin (still have a hard time calling him Darth Vader without the black suit) looks about like what I've come to expected from them: Caucasian with huge snozz. I've already "ranted" about how the Japanese Koto artisans basically depict all the white dudes with huge beaks. Now do you think it would pass the P.C. smell test if they allowed American artisans to depict Asian eyes as mere slants? Methinks not. But who am I kidding...we don't make toys in America anymore. Anyways, this is another figure I will be passing on. If you need a well-done "evil" Anakin figure, I would highly recommend the Unleashed one.

Now go about your business.