main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    has 4 available scout troopers for 58 shipped...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-KOTOBUKIYA-1-7-BIKER-SCOUT-TROOPER-MINT_W0QQitemZ6066400316QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if i didnt just spend a bunch of money i'd be all over that

2. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    looks like youre about to get a better deal on a scout, anyways! ;)

Id snipe that one, if it wasnt for the fact youre helping me get that 501st!!

3. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    did you order it? you'll love it.

4. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Yep...put my order in last night. Man, Im jazzed...that UPS guy cant get here fast enough!!! Thanks again for your help on that.

Bummer about that scout...looks like you got sniped anyways.

5. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    rick is pretty quick getting stuff out, should have it early next week.

6. Kanybl

Kanybl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    Sith you should help me out like you did noobian. 501st is the one I am planning on ordering today. [:D]

FYI: It seems like its taking forever to get my jango and boba kotos

7. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    Northside was offereing free shipping on in stock items monday and tuesday, being friday i think it's too late for that now...

8. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    :eek: My Commander Bly will be in Wednesday, but I don't think I'm gonna have the money for him. I wasn't expecting him until sometime in July.:oops:I'm sure the shop will hold him for a few days. Wasn't expecting to wake up to that today.:D I really have no idea where I'm gonna put him. I just barely had enough room for the 501st trooper.

9. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    will everybody (retailers) be getting them in?

10. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Seems pretty likely. Whenever something new hits at this place, it's always available at all the other places around here, so I'm assuming that all comic and hobby shops that carry Koto will be getting them next week. Or at least the week after.

11. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i emailed nside to see if he knew. i hope he says shipping next week. [face_praying]

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Bly's listed as in stock as StarWarsshop.com.

13. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    yay, another koto i have no room for. it'll look good boxed in the closet with the others. [face_tired]

14. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Even though I don't have much room for Bly, there's no way I'd keep him boxed. I'd set him on the floor if I had to. I have a spot where I'll just barely be able to set him. Next payday I really need to get some shelves. I've been putting it off for months, but I've used up every bit of space I have now, so I have no choice. I mean I have 8 Kotos now. They need a shelf of their own.

15. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Wow alot of stuff going on over here...I still need to order my 501st. I will ASAP from Rick though...I should wait til that free shipping rule applies again...

16. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'll try and let everyone know when he has free shipping this time. i didnt even think about it when i saw it.

17. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    I'm thinking of getting a nick and dent one. You save half and the piece itself is said to be in mint condition just the box is messed up a little.

Is this wise because I know TFAW offers nick and dents alot...anyone ever get one?

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Excellence gets a lot of nick and dent comics from TFAW and refuses to buy anything else. Especially if you're going to take it out of the box (as you should :p) I'd say go ahead.

19. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I can vouch for TFAW's N&D items. I buy a lot of N&D TPBs there. Sometimes all there is, is a dog tag on the cover, and in the worst case, some pages are loose. As TFAW say themselves, the boxes of the models have minor damage, the figure itself is brand spanking minty new :D

20. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Sounds like a plan.

21. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Man, I can't wait until Wednesday. I got the money set aside for Bly. I have the day off, so I'm heading out to pick him up as soon as the shop opens.:D :D :D I'll take some pics of him and post them as soon as I get him.

22. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    whoa.....Incom changed his avatar....i was all screwed up for a bit...

23. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Hello fellow koto collectors..or well koto collectors. I still haven't picked one up yet after all this time of planning...I'm so indecisive about which one is my favorite.

But I've read on other message boards that they have seams on them and the paint jobs aren't that great.

I've heard you guys say the craftsmenship is very good, but can anyone comment on the above accusations???

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    No seams on any of mine, and out of all the ones I have only two have some paint slip ups, and they aren't a big enough problem to complain about. It happens on anything you collect just about if you look close enough. Several of the GG mini busts I have have some as well, but it's no big deal.

25. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Good to hear.

I narrowed my selection down to either one of these three for my first koto:

-Episode III Vader
    -501st Trooper
    -Scout Trooper

Now I need to narrow it down to one...