main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    wire-cutters can be your friend...

2. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    I guess so....

So why does it seem that both Vader's tend to lean back too far as if they are competing in a limbo tournament???

Anyway...What is everyone's favorite koto in their collection???

3. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    At first I thought it was because he was too top heavy, but now it looks like it could be the peg holes in his feet are too big.

My favorite of my collection is definitely the Bly, followed by the 501st trooper, Boba Fett, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, AOTC Clone trooper, ROTS Vader, and finally Sith Anakin. I have some extra spending money coming up, so I hope to add the stormtrooper to my collection soon.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I only have 3; I think the detailing on the shocktrooper is the best but I love the pose and base on the scout. Since the scout is also my favourite trooper variant I think I'll have to go with him.

5. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'd love to have a statue of one of the Marines who took out Ki-Adi! But only after we get a Grievous, Sidious, and Tyranus.

6. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    heres a thought for a future Koto: a Cody, holding a holographic Sidious ("execute order 66")

now that would rock!

7. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    ^^i see that as being more of a gentle giant thing. they dont have many statues yet, so hopefully obi-wan in the clone gear doesnt mean that we wont see a statue of a clone or stormtrooper anytime soon.

however....next up should be grievous. still waiting for pics of that, even rough sculpts would make me happy. i really want to see the pose.

8. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Grievous should be interesting I wonder what we will get in the next wave of kotos!?!?!?

9. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'm really curious what else they have planned also. any wishes?

10. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Emperor Palpatine.

11. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    ok...how so?

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I want them to do Cody next, but not with the Sidious hologram. Just have him posed with his blaster, maybe with Obi-Wan's saber hanging from his belt.

13. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    How so what? o_O

I just want a Emperor Palpatine perhaps with force lightning coming out of his finger tips. It would be easy for him to snap together having just one big robe on...I just wanna see an awesome Palpatine collectible.

14. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005

thats what i meant, how do you want him posed.

cody would be cool. they've done a lot of troopers already though

15. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I just wanna see an awesome Palpatine collectible

The mini bust that's out is by far the coolest Palpatine collectible ever made.

SAA, you can never have too many troopers.[face_shame_on_you] I guess for a non trooper character I'd want Dooku to be next, followed by Qui-Gon.

16. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    palps bust is pretty dang sweet.

hey, i love clones too, but thats not all i want to see made. save some for later!!

17. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yeah, I know they'll get around to all of 'em eventually. Troopers are their specialty. As long as they keep getting better with faces, then I'd also like to see a ROTS Obi-Wan, TPM Obi-Wan, Jedi Luke, TESB Lando, Wedge, and some more I can't think of right now. I magine if they did a Jabba.:p It's nothing I would buy, but it would be interesting to see it done.

18. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    They seem to think all white males have large noses!?

As long as they stick with helmeted or masked characters we are golden...:D

19. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I'm very much considering ordering Koto Slave Leia, because I think it's the best face yet by Koto. And the body is just plain awesome :D. But I have to take it easy, because I have those 3 Sideshow SDV figures, the Royal Guard Statue and 2 GG Animated maquettes to pay for by the end of this year [face_money_eyes]...

And there's so many other Kotos I still want :_|

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    well i wont be "buying" anything new for a little while. still have money to set aside for all the preorders, but i keep spending it! i always find a deal i feel that i need to jump on, so instead of setting the money aside, i order something else (like the boba fett statue)

21. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I'm in the same situation [face_worried]

22. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Ditto here. :(

23. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    well my bly came in. UPS crushed the box some. so the top the koto box is all jacked up. figure looks fine though, i'll look more closely tonight when i get home. since i only get things that i actually take out of the box (unlike my hasbro days) i'm not too worried about it. just a tad disappointed.

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    ^^
    You'll love it once it's all put together. It has the best detailng on any Koto I think.

25. Kanybl

Kanybl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    I just got my Stormtrooper in yesterday. I am really not impressed by it. It looks like he leans forward way too much. I am not sure which one to get next. The 501st or Darth Maul have caught my eye.