main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Does anybody know if Kotobukiya has a main website that you can buy all thefigures like gentle giant has for their maquettes? I've been looking around but only been able to find them at places like the Star Wars Shop and Entertainment Earth.

They had a really nice display at C4 that got me interested in getting these, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think I remember Googling for their website once and it was all in Japanese.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    There's some incredible stuff coming out from Kotobukiya: Grievous and a new Kenobi, Emperor's Royal Guard, and a set of Bounty Hunters (new Boba, Bossk, IG-88, Dengar, 4LOM and possibly Zuckuss) which each come with a part to form an all-new Darth Vader. Keep your ears open!

4. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I just noticed on Master Replicas website that they have a section there that they are selling the Koto's at what I'm assuming to be standard prices.

http://masterreplicas.com/store/star_wars/kotobukiya/

5. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    shop around you can pick up some bargains, thats what ive done.
    £39 is the most ive paid for a koto that was darth vader.
    some of the deals i got....

R2 & 3po £28 play.com sale
    limited ed red clone trooper £31 ebay
    han solo £31 ebay
    darth maul & stormtrooper £55 collectormania gmex
    obi wan £16 ebay no box though

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    No Sith! :p A Koto Royal Guard? :cool:!! And that bounty hunter set sounds a lot like the Marvel figures. I have an Apocalypse figure, of which every smaller figure in the line had a limb/part. It's quite impressive.

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah koto had some sample drawings at C4 for the Bounty Hunter series and they look awesome and that Royal Guard sounds pretty cool too. The Grievous one I'm looking forward to after seeing it at C4 it looked great especially contected with the episode 3 Obi-Wan. The SDCC Utapau trooper is cool too even though it's a repaint it will look bad a$$ next to the 501st and Shock Trooper ones.

8. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    I'll take one please :D

[image=http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/8/7/7/f_kotoroyalgum_458874e.jpg]

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Awesome action pose. Nice to get something for an IG that's different to the standard guard position most of them have.

10. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    got a Kotobukiya Bespin Luke off Ebay and he's already fighting with my Darth Vader statue! :)

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~w34payton/darth_luke_3.jpg]

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm a happy Fett fan - new Jango and Boba Kotos will appear in 2008.

Go here to see the Rebelscum story and a pic of the Boba prototype.

12. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Just my luck.
    Just when I shell out the bucks for the old Koto Boba, they unveil a newer one with a more dynamic pose. It is very nice, though. I may have to double-dip.

On the plus side, looks like my wishes have been answered with a Koto TIE Pilot.

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I will be buying the new Boba and Jango figures. I have General Grevious on order and want to pick up the concept Luke and Vader.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Check out this TFN story for more information on the upcoming Koto Bounty Hunter line. I know I want Boba. Not sure about the others. Unfortunately there aren't any pics. The article says Boba will be available in April.

15. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    I'm perplexed that they refer to the Bounty Hunters as "the most highly requested characters".

Really? Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-Lom over Lando, Ackbar, Tusken Raider, Greedo, Tarkin, Palpatine, Wedge and about a dozen others I can think of?

Seems weird to me.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Upping this since Rebelscum have pics up of the Bounty Hunters. Go here to check the story out!

I'm pretty sure I will try to get Boba. Not sure about the others though. Dengar maybe but I'll wait to see a pic of the final figure.

17. IncomT65

Jul 28, 1999
    Although I really dig the concept (much like the Marvel series of which I actually have Apocalypse), I don't think I will buy any of them. I just don't like the way Boba and Dengar are posed. Boba looks like a dancer from Riverdance!

Bossk, Zuckuss, 4-LOM and Vader too have great poses. IG-88 is difficult to tell.

But, like I said, I won't buy any.

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I would love to get the set of bounty hunters and Darth but I have no idea where I would put them.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has a pile of pics from the Bounty Hunter display at the New York Comic Con. Check them out here.

I think I like Boba's pose a bit better after seeing the new pics.

20. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    That's a set that would be nice if you could get them all together in a discounted set... I mean basically $600 plus shipping for the individual figures and parts to form Vader. Ouch.

Hopefully some retailer will package them together for less than $99/each.

21. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    First post in over 5 years! Feel like Rip Van Winkle...lol.

Since '07, I think I've the only Koto's I've acquired were the 1/7 C3PO & R2D2, the 1/9 Vader, and 1/9 Shocktroopers set.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think some of the newer posts became victims of the board move..