main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya Star Wars Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Kotobukiya Co. are a Japanese company that produce (amongst other things) Star Wars figures. They are soft vinyl and snap together. I received the Jango Fett figure for my birthday and it is nice! They are expensive and you can see them here on
    Entertainment Earth. I had posted some info on Jango in a collecting thread on the London Fan Force
    board but some people had never heard of Kotobukiya,and I have not seen a thread on them on this board. They do have a website
    here
    but it is in Japanese.
    Do we have any other collectors of these figures out there?

2. FlintD

FlintD Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    So far I only have the Clonetrooper. I haven't bought the Jango because I don't like what they did with the jetpack effect. I would have prefered they just gave Jango a menacing stance aiming his blaster and not done the jetpack effect. I'm still not sure if I want the Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace/ Yoda figures because the face sculpts have an "anime" look to them. I don't think they resemble the actors at all.

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Sounds awesome, I like anime and I love Star Wars. Where do you get em' other than online. Or can you only get them online?

Forcebewitya!

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My Jango was bought at Forbidden Planet in London (I was with the buyer at the time).
    They also had Anakin and the Clonetrooper.
    You *might* find them at a good SF specialty store like that, or perhaps a good model
    store. I doubt the local Toys-R-Us or
    Wal-Mart would carry them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.