main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: Cheats, Codes, Bug Exploits, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Seeing as the game is nearly upon us, and following the original KOTOR cheats thread, here's the official thread for all your deviant antics in Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

Use this thread to:
  2. Post up any cheats, hacks or bugs you manage to find in . (We're not sure if there'll actually be any cheats for the X-Box version, as there were'nt any for the first game, but if not, there'll surely be a few bugs to exploit).
  3. Ask for any codes or otherwise that'll help you through the game.

4. Don't ask for basic walkthrough help in this thread, use the KOTOR 2: Game Help (Hints, Walkthroughs, Strategies).
    If you're just looking to discuss the game in a spoiler rich enviroment, use the KOTOR 2 Discussion Thread.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I found a wierd bug:

It hasn't been released yet. I downloaded the patch, but it didn't seem to help.

6. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Too early for cheats, but I have encountered a crash bug on Nar Shaddaa near the Ebon Hawk.

7. Lord-Revan

Lord-Revan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    I have also found a glitch/bug. I had a Gamorrean War Axe on Telos. I tried to sell it, and it would not sell. ( it made a click sound, but was still in my inventory.) Then when I went to save after that, the game froze up on me. It took a while to figure out what it was, but I did finally pin point it.

8. ppal

ppal Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 1999
    Im stuck in the academy on korriban does anyone here know how to unlock the darn door so I can get out of the bloody academy????? I already found the dead jedi master and explored everything inside.

9. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    On the Exchange ship on Nar Shadda I had a big glitch.

When I reunited my party with the Main PC I was fighting my way out after doing stuff on the bridge and My party all of a sudden Jummped to different spots. My PC was leading the way and My back ups fell behind and then at some point tried to run in another direction to catch up to me and ended up in differnet rooms because the rooms were laid out so that I was Physically closer to them through another room than I was if they went through the door I did and followed me. I had to stop and put it on solo mode to get everyone back together again.

I don't know if that made sense but It's just something I ran into.

10. revan796

revan796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    i dont get it how do i get on the ebon hawk i killed hk50 got the navichart thing but how do i leave ?

11. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Can you be a bit more specific of where your stuck?

Did you find your way off the Republic cruzer that docked with the station yet?

also you might get more help in the Help and hint thread.

This one's really for just bugs with the game and not help topics.

Edit: never mind I see you posted it there. I responded there.

12. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Just to let y'all know, KotOR 2 has more bugs than KotOR, it even was said on the ign review so, I see no surprise!

13. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    On Dxun, I talked to the Mandalorian Captain who gave me the Zekeg mission after I'd killed the Zekeg but telling him about it isn't an option. It's still listed as an active quest, but there is no data concerning it.

14. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Mine keeps crashing right after I pay the Allen the 2500 credits to get the droid code's I even took it back to best buy and got a 2nd copy. Still doing it.
    What Can I DO??????(x-box)

15. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    new bug: In the special one person only tunnel in the shyrack caves on Korriban, it refuses to let me pick the gfood choice for the kreia vision. Every time I do it she stays and if I talk to her again it does the whole thing over. The only way for me to get rid of her was to be evil. :mad:

16. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    I found one that didn't affect the gameplay in any way, but was very annoying nonetheless.

Once I got my lightsaber, every time I entered a new area, my lightsaber would appear to be ignited, whether or not it had been ignited when the game went to the loading screen. Mind you, it only appeared to be ignited, so it would stay that way until I pushed the Y button. Then you would hear the noise as it actually ignited and then it would go away after a few seconds.

It's not really a big deal, but it can get annoying after about 200 or so times of having to see a saber that's there, but not really there. Besides, it just looked like my character was running around looking for fight all the time. Come on now, she's a woman of peace! :p

17. sjtabler

sjtabler Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    Try changing your color crystal. That should help, and if it dosen't or if you already tried it I am sorry. However, it did work for me.

18. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well, I already restarted the game as a darksider for various reasons, but that might work. But at the same time, that kinda sucks. I liked my cyan-colored blade.

EDIT: Now that I think about, maybe that is just a general glitch that happens with the cyan crystal, because I started out with a green blade and had no problems. As soon as I switched to the cyan, however, I started to notice the problem. Interesting.

19. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Ugh, I had a feeling Obsidian was rushing this game for the Holiday season. Now, not only do x-box owners get a bug-filled game, but we also get screwed out of the extra content the PC version will inevitably have. [face_plain]

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, seriously. I would have been more than happy to wait another month or so and get a game that was properly beta-tested. I can't remember the last time I saw so many bugs and glitches in a game.

21. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    The only thing that's happened to me so far is it freexing up on the load screen, but it's only happened twice(once on the first one, and once on my current game) and i'm on my second play through. ;)

Evil.

22. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Eva, actually, PC Version will NOT the extra content and the PC Version of KotOR is still buggy without patches and even with patches, bugs still appear.

23. NeoKnight

NeoKnight Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2004
    This is not a exploit but a glitch. i beat the game and went and started a new game (to do it lightside) and then after a while decided to replay part of my first guy and all my saved files where gone

Has this happend to anybody else

24. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Press the X butten on the load game menu, it'll take you to the saved games for your other character. ;)

Evil.

25. ShaunDoe

ShaunDoe Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2004
    I found a glitch while swoop racing...it was on Onderon i think, where there was 3 levels of racing (500, 2000, 5000 credits)...i managed to finish and pass the first level, but couldn't break the next two....

then on a race, i crashed near a set up of 3 mines (i hit the right wall)...my swoop came to a stop just under 40 seconds....it loads to 'good job, you beat the record with 39....' and gave me 2000....did it again and got the 5000, same spot

dunno why, but easy wins

26. dragon_1275

dragon_1275 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2004
    ShaunDoe, i need help... since u got that far, can u help me get off Peragus 2. I got as far as getting off the harbringer and geting the codes... now i don't know what to do. If anyone can help me, please reply.

27. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    This is not a exploit but a glitch. i beat the game and went and started a new game (to do it lightside) and then after a while decided to replay part of my first guy and all my saved files where gone

Has this happend to anybody else

That happened to me! I thought it was deleted, I am glad to see that it wasn't. I was soo worried!

darth_nemisis

28. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

Unlimited lightsabers, Crystals and upgrade parts!!!!!! (except for your personal crystal)

I just talked my son through it over the phone and it did work for him. I'll try it when I Get home in the morning.

I am not sure it's ok to just paist it here so just click here for the step by step

It says it came from Game faqs in this thread but I don't go there anymore so maybe there is a better step by step there.

I wish I would have known this for my first play through. the lack of sabers for the other Jedi in my party for the first 3/4 of the game was perhaps my biggest problem with the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.