main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: Cheats, Codes, Bug Exploits, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RylorTaduri

RylorTaduri Jedi Master star 2

Sep 2, 2002
    Weird bug. I can't go further in the game.

During the Palace attack on Onderon (lightside), I went South and redirected the console to the northern security office. The South console went offline. I went up to the Northern office, clicked on open all doors and it just doesn't work, although it says that the doors have been open.

And the Captain tells me I have to go down South and redirect power. I ALREADY HAVE! plus the panel is offline down there! Anyone know a way out of this mess?

2. RylorTaduri

Sep 2, 2002
    And by the way, how the hell does the console work??

I press (#), write "giveitem" etc and it just gives me the shortcut commands!

3. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    you need to press ` (the key next to 1, and above tab.)

4. RylorTaduri

Sep 2, 2002
    Yah that's exactly what I did. And modified the .ini file too... Doesn't do anything...

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    [image=http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20050219.jpg]

6. silvanas

silvanas Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2005
    has anyone notaced that in the best games there are always masses of bugs and in the not so good ones there are no bugs i think its a plot to make all games more even or the companys are putting them in delibrately to make the games they spend more money on more popular thats just my oppinion tho.

7. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I just got KOTOR II for PC.

My question is. How do you enable the cheats.

I did what I did on the last game. Put enable cheats=1 in the config folder. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Am I doing something wrong?

8. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Just so you know so some aren't confused. I have the XBOX version of the game. Now I have bought the PC version because the PC version gives you options the XBOX doesn't and it's something new for me.

To access the Cheats in the PC VERSION, do what you did last time to access the cheats.

Open the "swkotor2.ini", file and under the "[Game Options]", type "EnableCheats=1" (without the quotes).

Now what's different this time around is that the console is invisible. When you hit the "`" key, you see the console come up and type out your commands. However, this type it's invisible and the commands you type you can't visually see them.

So type in your cheat and it will work when you press "enter", and you will know it worked if the new item appears.

I did all that and I don't see the console come up. I typed the cheat anyway and still nothing.

there's a swplayer.ini folder that has game options in it. are we supposed to put the enablecheats=1 in that folder?

9. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    You can't see the console, it's invisible (before it was just a > at the top left corner). You'll know it worked if you type W A S or D and your character/the camera doesn't move.

I know it works, I've done it. Now to get that editor and see what the rare items are like...

10. EDenend

EDenend Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2005
    I have that same problem with the swoop racing as well. I seem to finish races with good times, but I get the same message: "Sorry, but you need to actually finish the race to make your time count." Any help would be most appreciative.

11. Use_theforce_meatbag

Use_theforce_meatbag Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005
    i have the same problem as you. hope it's taken care of in the next patch

12. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I Have the same problem, i imagine its just another bug.

13. EDenend

EDenend Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2005
    I also am having another bug problem on Nar Shaddar that involves a quest helping a family by offering them transport to a freighter. I complete the situation in Goto's ship and talk to Fassa, but he still tells that freighters are being hijacked by Goto. Could something please explain how you can complete Goto's yacht and still can't offer the family the freighter transport. Am I missing something?

14. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Another bug, sounds like, since you're supposed to be able to finish the quest then. Is that Ithorian in the flophouse still around? You can ask him to take them as well IIRC.

15. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Try going to Vogga and talking to him. I think you need to tell him that GOTO is done for and he will start shipping again.

16. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    I got a question about a glitch or a bug or something.

My game ran fine. I've been to evevry world and now I'm on Nar Shadaa. Everything on Nar Shadaa has gone fine except when I go into Jerr Jerr Takk. All of of sudden my character won't move. Everything is shaky. I just have to quit the game.

It won't even let me walk. Anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to figure out if it's just me.

17. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Thanks for the help. I appreciate all the replies.

[face_plain]

18. Cyko44

Cyko44 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2005
    I seem to have found something odd, could be something i messed up or it could be a bug.

I beat the game as Darkside Sith Marauder. Now im playing again and am going to be a Sith Lord. I played Nar Shadaa as my first planet after Telos, obviously because thats where you get everyone. Now my problem is my party (ex. Kreia, Bao-Dur, T3) wont follow me, and i can only talk to them sometimes, its really random how i can or cannot talk to the other characters in the game.

If anyone can fix this or tell me what i did to mess my game up it would be greatly appreciated.

19. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    Grow up.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Oh, you can get help here, it's just that not everybody has experienced these problems and it doesn't make much sense just to post "no idea"...

21. Cyko44

Cyko44 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2005
    Its really strange.... i *CANT use a workbench or a lab station with any of the other characters, only my main character. My main character can talk to NO other character in the game but the other characters CAN talk to me.

22. FourFiftyOne

FourFiftyOne Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    After I get the Ebon Hawk back from the slavers, nothing happens. The walkthroughs say you're supposed to get a message to meet Goto, but I get no such message...am I missing something? I can't go any further. Any help?

23. keebster

keebster Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    Ok here is my prob i have been useing a save game editor just for you to know. I have just finished onderon (i think thats how it is spelled) and i go back to the moon and then back to my ship and most of my crew has changed for ether almost all light to completely dark. I change the alignment with the editor and save the changes and then reload but they revert back to completely dark is there somthing i can do to get them back to the light side or is this just something that happens like the plot.

Plz help my last good save is like 10 or more hours back. :(

24. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    What about you? A certain prestige class (I forget which) can push alignments out to extremes automatically. Also, if you're really dark/light and have high influence, you'll drag your companion's alignment towards yours.

What's Kreia's alignment? That'll tell you whether it's a bug or not.

25. Madcap_Magician

Madcap_Magician Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    FourFiftyOne:

The way I got the invite was to go around the refugee area and steal all the stuff out of the locked containers. The Gomorreans didn't like it, so they would attack. Since they are part of the exchange (I think they are identified as "Exchange Thug") killing them pisses off the exchange. You could do really nice things for the exchange if you are doing Dark Side, but I haven't done that yet.

Eventually you'll get the invite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.