main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: Game Help (Hints, Walkthroughs, Strategies)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tompovich

tompovich Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2008
    to turn my compagnions into jedi can it be done just by the right conversation ? And if so is there a certain timetable( deadline )?

2. jedinim

jedinim Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    I'm playing through again, probably for the 30th time and someone told me that there is a way to get samhan'S stash from his brother, dendis, after he's been arrested by gren. does antone know how to do this?

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That's the first I've heard of it.

4. jedinim

jedinim Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    apparently you talk to samhan then dendis in a certain order. at least thats what someone told me. I can't figure it out.

5. jedinim

jedinim Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    i figured it out. once samhan is in his force cage, talk to him. then run down and talk to dendis. ask to look at his inventory, then exit. then talk to dendis again and look at his inventory. you will be able to purchase the "special" merchandise.

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble playing KotOR 2. I installed it, started it up, created my character, and watched the opening movie, and then when it started to get into gameplay, there was a flash of colors and the screen went black. I could hear things going on in the game, but there was nothing to be seen. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and that didn't work.

Now, when I first installed it, it came up with some kind of error, saying that my graphics card couldn't deal with the game. I fooled around with some of the options, turning the resolution to medium instead of high, and turning most other things off, and it let me start the game up, but like I said above, right when I started to play, it went blank. Has anyone else had this problem and how can I fix it, or is my graphics card just unable to handle it? Thanks.

7. Darth_Chuckles

Darth_Chuckles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 1999
    Sounds like you need a better video card, what do you have? I think the min req is 128mb video?

8. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    I don't know, how do I find out?

9. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    Go into your control panel, then go into Display, then go into settings, go into advanced, and into the adapter tab, that will tell you your video card. KotOR II needs a video card with at least 32mb video RAM, the box lists ATI Radeon 9200 or higher, or Nvidia Geforce 4 TI or higher as a minimal requirement. Anything below that probably won't run, even on minimal settings. If your video card is listed as an integrated graphics chipset, that probably will not work, as most of those, particularly the older ones, are not designed to render 3d graphics at all, or at best only at a crude level.

If you meet those system requirements, go to the hardware manufacturer's website and download some new drivers for your video card. The early drivers for video cards tend to be somewhat spotty on supporting some games, and the newer revisions generally fix these issues.

10. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Ok, it lists the memory size as 224MB, Adapter type being a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Chip Type: Intel(R) Calistoga Graphics Controller
    DAC Type: Internal
    Memory Size: 224 MB
    Adapter String Intel(R) Calistoga Graphics Controller
    Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

Should I install the drivers or look into buying a graphics card?

Thanks for helping me out, also.

11. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    Ugh, Intel integrated graphics, these don't handle 3D graphics well at all, especially the mobile chipsets. I take it that you are trying to play on a laptop. Unfortunately laptops are generally non-upgradeable, so a new video card probably isn't an option. If you have a desktop PC, it would be best to try that, if necessary you could get a video card adequate to play KotOR II fairly cheap to play on a desktop PC.

12. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Okay, one second let's see if I can find the information for my desktop now.

13. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Okay, here's my system information for my desktop computer.

Chip Type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    DAC Type: Internal
    Memory Size: 96 MB
    Adapter String: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    Bios Information: Intel Video BIOS

14. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    More integrated graphics. As a general rule, anything graphics chip made by Intel sucks, though their desktop chipsets do work a little better than their laptop ones, so you can give it a try on the desktop, but if it does run, there will be no Hardware Transform and Lighting support, so reflective textures will not appear, also run on absolute minimal settings, to get the best possible framerate. I have an Intel Integrated chipset on one of my computers, one slightly more advanced than the one you have, and it did run the original KotOR, not particularly well, and all advanced graphical features were unavailable, but it did work.

Failing that, you'll probably need to upgrade your video card.

15. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
  16. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Well, I gave in and bought the Xbox version of this.

I'm on the EH heading to Telos.

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Hey all. Have this for Xbox. I am still on Peragus. I am in the mining tunnels. But I get ambushed by mining droids, and everytime I attack, it says my attack missed. Any help/guide or walkthrough to help me through KOTOR II? I have NEVER played an RPG before, so I also don't get any of those stats and such.

18. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    The stats are important to combat and affect aspects of battle in the following ways:
    Strength - increases damage dealt by your attacks when using a melee weapon. Also increases accuracy of melee weapons.
    Dexterity - Increases effectiveness and accuracy of ranged weapon attacks. Also increases your defense by allowing your character to evade more effectively. Also increases your ability to do reflex saving throws.
    Constitution - Increases hitpoints gained for each level. Increases ability to do fortitude saving throws. High constitution stats are required to use high level implants as well.
    Intelligence - the one attribute not related to combat at all. This one increases the number of skill points gained in each level. Also provides bonuses to certain skills eg. Computer, repair. Skills are used outside of battle for the most part, generally used to avoid fights or thin out enemies before entering battle. The only one that is important in battle might be Treat Injury, as that affects how much you get healed when using Medpacs. Opens some dialogue options as well.
    Wisdom - increases number of Force Points gained each level. Also increases potency of offensive force powers, improves the bonuses offered by defensive force powers. Improves Will saving throws as well. Also opens up some dialogue options. Not very useful for non-Jedi/Sith characters.
    Charisma - Increases effectiveness of some force powers, mainly the defensive ones, and healing. Charisma reduces the force point penalty incurred for using a force power of the opposite alignment of your own. It also grants attack bonuses to other members of your party. Also boosts the persuade skill.

As for your problem with missing, it probably means your Strength or Dexterity is too low. You can remedy this by equipping items that boost these stats, though you'll have few of them this early in the game. Another option is to switch to a weapon tied the stronger attribute. Failing that you could create a new character that is more combat oriented than the one you have now, and focus more on Strength Dexterity and Constitution. Although, as a Jedi character, you should not completely ignore Wisdom, the force powers can really come in handy.

19. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Need more help.... It seems I finally made it out of the tunnels and am now in the Fuel Depot. But now, I can't go back to the tunnels. I can only go back to Atton, or stay in the fuel depot. Please help I am stuck. And in the mining tunnels, there are so many passage ways......

20. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    I believe this is the section where you run into HK-50. You have to either trick him into giving you the voiceprint code for the airlock, or use the recorder to piece together the code from the Maintenance Officer's log entries. This allows you to take a walk outside and get to the Dormitory level and advance the plot. The reason you are allowed back to the main level is because to piece the code together you have to use the security log that has the Maintenance Officer in it, as well as the Maintenance Officer's logs.

Also if you get lost, you can always check out the map. It usually only has explored areas on it, but it can give you direction on where you need to go, just go to the dark unexplored areas. The game is fairly linear, you can explore around if you want to to find extra items, but it generally won't ruin the game if you stick to the quickest path.

21. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah, I like the game so far, only problem has been minor sound issues.

I'm on Telos, and I have a whole mess of quests to complete.

Question: On Telos, in the cantina, will I be going Lightside if I side with the pink lady to kill her boss or Darkside?

Thanks.

22. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    I don't believe it will affect your alignment as long as you don't take the obviously evil dialogue options eg. "That's it, time to die." In any case I believe you have to accept Luxa's offer in order to see Loppak Slusk and advance the plot. Later on you have an option to pick sides, but as long as you avoid the dark side dialogues your alignment shouldn't change.

23. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Had Team Gizka finished its mod ?

24. General_Kor

May 20, 2004
    As of right now the mod is currently unfinished. Their current progress report page says they have 60-odd issues of varying severity that they are trying to resolve right now. As always, it's done when it's done.

Edit: Make that 70-odd issues.

25. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Lets hope it wiil come out before the MMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.