main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: Game Help (Hints, Walkthroughs, Strategies)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SoloCommand, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ok so I broke out another playthrough. I had yet to play as a Counselor to Jedi Master, in other words as a pure caster. Of course one still needs a lightsaber, but the goal was to hang back and buff the companions and back them up. I am not finished yet having just gone back to Citidel Station to board the Ravager.

One could play as Sentinel or Guardian and basically do the same thing but I have noticed a difference in the power level and how fast your FP regeneration is and so on. Also, after Telos and you go to your first world I chose Nar Shadaa and before I even left there I had reached level 18 and made Handmaiden, Atton and Mira all Jedi. That was the 1st time without using a level up cheat. Bumping up your INT, WIS, and CHA have made for a powerful character. With items right now I have a 34 WIS.

I can't wait to battle Kriea. I always had to fight her with a pure lightsaber attack before as she is able to resist any Force Power I through at her. We shall see if it is different this time.

2. General_Kor

General_Kor Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2004
    With Kreia, attacking with Force powers alone is difficult. If you go the Dark Side path you can get Force Crush which is one of the very few Force Powers you can use on her effectively. On Light Side it will be much more difficult, if not near impossible.

3. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008

,,I can't wait to battle Kriea. I always had to fight her with a pure lightsaber attack before as she is able to resist any Force Power I through at her. We shall see if it is different this time.,,
    If you have some demolitions skill use mines.

4. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Going through Malachor using my lightsaber as little as possible was a breeze. Previous attempts to use force powers on Scion failed most of the time but as a Counselor/Master he never made a save: Stun, Insanity, Kill, Force Wave, everything sent him reeling.

Kriea made most of her saves so Stun did not work much. Kill affected about half the time. What made the fight last awhile was I just wathed my life meter and was able to Heal and continue without using much in the way of FP's. The battle was a bit drawn out which I liked. The floating sabers could not handle Force Wave at all and fell fast.

Previously Sentinel/Watchman was my fav combo, but I really liked being a pure caster and playing like one. I was a wizard amongst warriors and ALL FELL BEFORE MY POWER...oh yeah, I still played good. [face_peace]

May The KOTOR be with you.

5. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Ok I am still stuck on Peragus and not liking this game very much. Way too complicated.

I am in the dormitories. I am in the ventilation systems, with all the rooms and corpses. There is also a log terminal, but all I can do with it is watch the dock officer's recordings. I found a way to the administration level too, but not sure if I need to go there. I am stuck. Very badly. Please help me.

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [image=http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/maps/dormitories.jpg]

Well, you have to go to the mess hall, which is labeled 5 in the map, and then go to point 9. There, you will find a terminal which should let you through a door, #10.

You should end up in the administration area, where Kreia will speak to you, and then you have to go back to where Atton was.

7. ObiWanJedi93

Aug 29, 2008
    I did that, lol. But I didn't go into the lift. I was reading a guide from IGN that kept saying I had to go to the ventilation systems and go to the terminal log and use some code "2-5-13-17-3" or whatever. If that is all you do, sounds easy enough.

Maybe it is not complicated, maybe I am just new to the sort of game. Thanks very much! :D

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This is one of those things in the game, it will happen again, where skill points spent on Computer Use pay off. It makes things much easier. In this case after you have gone through the gassed area you then will get to that terminla and the code will go in automatically.

9. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I have a question. I havent played this game for a long time, because when i start the game, im not sure if im ever going to be able to finish it. Reason why is Nar Shadda. There is a terrible bug here, when im trying to contact the exchange boss in the Jekk Jekk Tar, most times the event wont trigger, even though i do all the tasks. I have seen many other people having this trouble as well, is there any way to fix this?

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    That's happened to me before on numerous play-throughs. Eventually, it'll trigger. Make sure you've done every single side quest. If it still doesn't trigger, then go on to another planet. The main thing is you have to give it time. It should trigger eventually.

11. ObiWanJedi93

Aug 29, 2008
    Wait, I have to do more near the ventilation shafts? I thought I just go to the lift to the administartion level? What do you mean a terminal that will automatically put the numbers on the other terminal?

Aghh... Such a confusing game... But I still love it!

12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It's kinda hard to explain without knwoing where you are and where you have been. This should help

13. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Okay, I have NO idea if someone already asked about this (One hundred sixty something pages of looking = too much!), but I have NO idea where Vrook Lamar is on Dantooine. I looked all over the temple. On Wookieepedia it mentions something about him being in the crystal caves but I looked in there and I didn't find him.

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    You have to go to the sub-level and go all the way to where you meet the Disciple. After speaking with him go behind him all the way to the other side of the room from the door you came in and you will find an item that opens up the plot point to find him in the crystal cave. You will have mercenaries to deal with when you get there.

15. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    Hello everyone. I can try to be of help to anyone who needs help on KotOR 2.

16. MARINE1

MARINE1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    does any one know about the unlimited XP on korriban? were do you find that at? i heard something about looking at a dead jedi. if so were is that at?

17. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    You need to enter the Shyrack Cave on Korriban, in there you will find a Secret Cave,
    Exit to Secret Tomb. Once again, you can only enter the tomb if you've established a clear dominance on either the light or dark side of the force, and when you do, you leave your companions here at the entrance. If you're unable, simply come back at a later time when you are.
    in this secret cave you will experience a few things from your past, after you experience two things from your past, continue to explore the cave you will come to a two way direction left and right, take the right and you will come to a Fallen Jedi corpse,
    As with the corpses in the Valley of Dark Lords, if you disturb this Jedi's remains, you'll spawn the Hssiss.
    if you keep opening and closing the Fallen Jedi's remains, you will have dozens of Hssiss in the room, I suggest opening it once and then kill all the Hssiss and then you can open it again and kill all of them again (you may repeat this as many times you want.)(at least maybe 4 Hssiss will appear)

hope this helps

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    You have to be careful in this area as your Force Points regenerate really slow. Don a robe or item that allows FP regeneration.

19. darkjeedai_

darkjeedai_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    Umm hey yeah I think iv ran into a glitch on Nar Shadaa.. Iv just escaped from Go-To's yacht.. Then when im finished talking to the Jedi Master that you find on Nar Shadaa (cant remember his name, somethign starting with E) but yeah anyways.. Whether I fight him or let him go, once he leaves I am left alone in the room.. Im pretty sure the door is supposed to be open, but it is "magnetically sealed with no way of opening it". (its the secret room you find in the Docks, 'magnetically sealed' at the back of the last room in the quarters found there....) you should know which one im talking about...

anywayyys how the hell do i fix this.. its getting pretty annoying not being able to do, well anything at all.......

[:

20. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Are you sure that it's the right door? Also, try to go back to an earlier save if that doesn't work.

21. darkjeedai_

darkjeedai_ Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    well its the only door in the room..
    iv already gone back to saves when i was on goto's yacht but it still doesnt work....

22. MARINE1

MARINE1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    does any one know how to activate the turrents on dantooine. and what else am i supposed to do to prepare the defence?

23. LordKermit

LordKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2006
    there is a room in the enclave that activates the turrets and a group of droids you do as you wish in there

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    What's his name? Grenn? In that same passage you meet him in there is a door you can open at the end, in there is a terminal to activate and REPROGRAM the turrents to attack hostiles only. On the opposite side there is a medical room where you can heel injured soldiers. At the end of that hallway is a room full of droids you can search and tinker with. Don't bother activating them at the terminal they will come on auto when the fight starts(it will tell you this).

When the fight starts just concentrate on the lead villain. When you stop him the fight ends no matter how many bad guys remain.

Umm hey yeah I think iv ran into a glitch on Nar Shadaa.. Iv just escaped from Go-To's yacht.. Then when im finished talking to the Jedi Master that you find on Nar Shadaa (cant remember his name, somethign starting with E) but yeah anyways.. Whether I fight him or let him go, once he leaves I am left alone in the room.. Im pretty sure the door is supposed to be open, but it is "magnetically sealed with no way of opening it". (its the secret room you find in the Docks, 'magnetically sealed' at the back of the last room in the quarters found there....) you should know which one im talking about...

I have never heard of this one, the door you leave by is open, there is no door there when you leave. if you are trapped in that room I have no idea what to tell you.

25. ObiWanJedi93

Aug 29, 2008
    Alright. On Peragus I am right near the Ebon Hawk, but I need to be T3 to use the terminal to open the door. How do I switch between the characters? Didn't even know you could. Please help. I need to get off this asteroid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.