main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: General Chat & Discussion (NOT for Gameplay help / walkthroughs) - CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jhc36, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    Any information on the storyline of KOTOR 2 so far?

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think we'll have to wait until the next issue of EGM and/or CGW arrives in peoples' mailboxes.

3. Darth_Haert

Darth_Haert Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    Hey just wanted to say Happy Easter to everyone and I can't wait until the next EGM magazine comes out so we can get more info about this game!

4. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Of course it's hard. Doesn't mean it can't be done -- and if they could do all that stuff I said, they'd have the best game ever created. It'd be better than Ocarina of Time, KOTOR and Jedi Outcast put together.

5. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I for one am hoping for some sort of multiplayer capability in KOTOR 2 (though admittingly, it's not very likely). It's true, there is SWG and Jedi Academy, and there will be Battlefront, but they each cater to a specific taste in the various genres of multiplayer gaming. Something in the tradition of NWN has not yet been done for Star Wars, and that's something you wont be able to find in SWG, JA, or Battlefront.

Just so long as the richness and potential of single player plot and characters does not suffer, then I could see KOTOR 2 as having the very best in all worlds if it had some multiplayer aspect.

6. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    If they do it NJO It might be cool to have some already established characters as NPC's, Kyle Katarn, and Mara Jade have both already appeared as vidoe game characters.

7. Darth_Haert

Apr 11, 2004
    I doubt they would make it in the NJO. It is supposed to be called Knights of the Old Republic 2. The NJO doesn't take place in the Old Republic era. I may be wrong, but it's just a thought.

8. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Actually, I don't think we have confirmation yet that it's titled Knights of the Old Republic 2. I rather hope it's not; I'd rather see a new title. At the very least, please give us a subtitle and scratch the number.

-Paul

9. Darth_Haert

Apr 11, 2004
    I agree. Knights of the Old Republic 2 sounds just too plain. It should be something like KOTOR 2: The Sith War, or something like that, etc. But I was just saying in my other post that since its a sequal to Knights of the Old Republic, it will still probably set in that time period. The main point of the post wasn't really that it's going to be called KOTOR 2. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

10. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I hope it has multiplayer ala NWN.

11. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    The most obvious title would be Knights of the NEW Republic (KOTOR 2 sounds silly). And it would be a good idea to fuse it with the Jedi Knight francise so we can see what happens to Kyle Katarn during the NJO. That era provides just as much potential as the Sith era

12. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    I don't see them going too close to the timeline of the original KOTOR, since they'd have to choose either lightside or darkside ending.

I personally hope they don't go post-prequel for the next game. The series is called "Knights of the Old Republic" after all. Perhaps this one will take place 1,000 years prior to the GCW, in the days of Lord Hoth and Darth Bane.

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    *There's* a storyline concept I can get behind.

Quite frankly, there's still been far too little done in the "Ruusan"/"Republic Reformation" era for my tastes, and having a game -- nay, a DOCUMENT -- of the depth, substance, and pure Star Wars content matter of the original that could serve as hard an historical exegesis concerning the Ruusan period as the first KOTOR was for the Tales of the Jedi epoch...I would be utterly, overwhelmingly agog.

Dare to hope?

14. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    what if they made it a prequel? about the mandalorian wars.

15. Darth_Haert

Apr 11, 2004
    I agree with that idea. I would rather it be a prequel than a sequel. I just think a prequel would be more interesting if they set it during the TOTJ time frame.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I really, really don't want Katarn in a KOTOR sequel set in the NJO era. Keep him in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series where he belongs. I would rather have mostly-new characters with no established backstories(like KOTOR 1); it would make the game much better.

17. Darth_Haert

Apr 11, 2004
    Me neither. Kyle Katarn does not belong in this series. I agree with Darth_Guy.

18. tyderium1111

tyderium1111 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2003
    I would rather have mostly-new characters with no established backstories(like KOTOR 1)

Does that include that characters from KOTOR carrying over to KOTOR 2?

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. Maybe cameos or mentions, but no returning characters(especially Revan, unless there's a feature where you can upload your KOTOR 1 data).

20. tyderium1111

tyderium1111 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2003
    Not even HK-47 or T3-M4? I like the idea of keeping the droids around. And cameos would be great too, such as General Carth Onasi or something.

21. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    If they do it NJO (not much chance) then I think a Kyle Katarn cameo is a must, simply because of his history in the star wars video games. On that same note i don't realy think he should be a playble character, lets face it he's got no wear to level up to.

22. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I think we jump 500 or so years in the future... and Hk-47, a little more beat up but with some nifty new toys as well... is the only returning charector.

23. CieSharp

May 18, 2002
    That would work. The androids Mieu and Wren were around in Phantasy Star 3 and 4 after hundreds of years, why not the droids of KOTOR?

24. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Well, I think that Bastila is dead, Darth Revan is dead, Canderous a merc, Carth a Admiral of the Republic fleet, Juhani, a Jedi Knight, Jolee dead of old age, HK-47 dismantled, and T3-M4 also diemantled, Mission and Zaalbar are exploring and the Ebon Hawk sold.

Also, I think you start as a new character and fight new enemies and get new allies and the story starts when you are on the light side and Bastila is killed in KotOR.

That is all I think though and MP RPG sucks, it makes people get into your way!!!

25. master_jedi21

master_jedi21 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2003
    CieSharp, don't forget the Wren from Phantasy Star IV, He was 998 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.