main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2: General Chat & Discussion (NOT for Gameplay help / walkthroughs) - CONTAINS PLOT SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jhc36, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

In the game, G0T0 says Vogga is a crime lord.

2. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I'm quite sure he was a crime lord (come on, you don't expect me to believe that they'd have a Hutt who's not? ;) ). I'm just saying that he wasn't in the Exchange.

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The restauration project now has a trailer on their site, looks really good.

I've always wondered though, with all the different endings which will be available, which path leads to which ending?

4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    link please

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    http://team-gizka.org/2006-12-25.html

Can't wait to play the game with this mod. :cool:

6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    thanks, that looked sick!!

I wonder if there's a way to get it for the xbox.

7. Corellian_Pilot

Corellian_Pilot Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2004
    Hello.

I just got KOTOR II for Christmas, and tried it in my computer. It said all system requierments were met, however after the opening crawl and cutscene, all I get is a black screen and music. Has anybody had this problem and found a way to solve it?

8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Did you install the patches and newest drivers?

The only time I had a problem with the KOTORs, was when I had a certain driver for my graphics engine installed. Usually newer drivers work, sometimes even older ones, kind of weird.

Other than that, I have no idea what could be wrong.

9. Jedi_Drizzt

Jedi_Drizzt Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    I've heard of the Gizka Team. Are they those felows trying to make HK series Factory on Telos?

10. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Whoa :eek:

Now I'm happy I don't have Polish version of KOTOR2.

11. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yes, the HK-factory in Telos will be in the restored stuff.

There will be versions for multiple languages ;)

12. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Yeah... Surely some amateur would translate it into Polish... But it would be poor and last too long :p

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, there isn't all that much to translate, as nearly all soundfiles needed are in the game already. As are the dialog files.

Most of the work should be looking whether the sound and dialog-lines match the scene, no translation involved there.

14. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    Well, they've translated only the subtitles anyway. But I still think the amateur translation would be poor.

(And the sound files already included wouldn't help much, because they weren't translated for the original edition, right? :p)

15. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    on nar shaddaa near vossk there is a door if you use force sight you see tables behind it is that some kind of cantina that never made it to the game?

16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    All the dialog used for the patch is already in the game. So if the polish version has translated dialog of some kind, the dialog-files should include all the dialog which is needed, thus not creating a need for further translation. Unless they didn't translate all the dialog, which would be weird ;)

Yes, there was supposed to be another cantina.

17. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    You mean, there'll be no new dialogue in the restored game? I thought that such changes in the plot have to mean some new soundfiles...

Anyway, as I said, they translate only the subtitles.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The dialogue voice files are already there, they just weren't ever used in the released game. Gizka are editing the dialogue references to make use of the preexisting (but never used) voicework.

19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Both the soundfiles and the text-files of the cut-material are still on the discs. So unless they didn't translate the whole text-file for the polish-version, which they did for every other language, everything should be translated already.

I think there is one exception when it comes to the soundfiles. The character Kaevee is going to be restored as well, if I remember correctly, but there are no soundfiles available for her.

20. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
  21. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    This is the only game I've been looking forward to play once the mod is out. I can't freaking wait. Already played through KOTOR II three times, and I'm fighting hard to not play it again and wait for the mod. It's excruciating!

22. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Ya i am too going to replay it once the mod comes out... The original kinda sucked...

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So to what extent will this mod actually be able to put back everthing that was left out of KOTOR 2? And would having this stuff in put the game up to the level of the first KOTOR?

24. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Obsidian left a ton out of the original but left all the content on the discs, so the mod is will include practically everything on there. Pretty much it looks like a good deal was left out. There are some things that the modders can't put in because they only have snippets of it and not enough to construct the whole thing.

In the end, I'm thinking that it'll be just as good as KOTOR, and maybe even better. If the modders pull it off right and if my hyped-up feelings are correct.

25. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    IS there a way to transfer the mod to th Xbox? OR is it only for PC users?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.