main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 2 Posponed !!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Obi-Spice-Kenobi, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Spice-Kenobi

Obi-Spice-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Can you beleive that KOTOR 2 has been postponed until 11th of Feb? Whilst the US and Canada get it a week earlier than origianlly planned (beginning of December)

So anyway - the point of me posting - why does the UK still get such a raw deal when it comes to new movie / game releases?

2. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Meh. I'm getting the PC version which hasn't been postponed yet, so I'm not desperately bothered on this one yet.

But like I said, yet.

But I don't know why we get such a raw deal with such things. It's not like anything needs to be translated. It's not even just computer games. I was particularly hacked off with I, Robot being released so much later here than in America. And the Incredibles (which isn't as badly delayed as some) is out nearly a month later here than across the pond.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Doesn't bother me either.
    I'm getting the PC version not the Xbox version.

Mabye lucasarts realised they neeeded more time to reveal all of their characters, as the official KOTOR II site has only got about about 5 of the characters on it so far.

either that or they realised there was a technical fault in some part of the game.

4. nathan_sith

nathan_sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2004
    I can't wait for knights 2!

as for the later releases, i believe its all to do with licensing and publishers for games. also marketing and rating issues. I assume its similar for movies.

but still, at least with games there's always the possibilty of better content being added before the UK release.

5. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    There is PAL coversion to take into account, and localisation, and translation (UK is part of europe with games, so they release it with the rest of europe, we all know that there are many languages here)
    But we do usually get the raw deal, but we are the smaller market, so understandable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.