main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Doright has the right idea, more than likely Disciple would return to become a Jedi if the Exile was male and the Exile might have found out about the Handmaiden's past somehow.

2. lemon-drop

lemon-drop Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2005
    Jolee is quite dead. Disciple confirmed it on Dantooine if you played a male character and went through all of his dialogue options.

3. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Did he say how he died?

4. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ***possible mild spoiler warning***

Does anyone else have a problem gaining influence with certain characters? No matter what I do, I cannot gain significant influence with Kriea or Mira.

As far as hopes and dreams for KOTOR III go, I liked the idea of Revan vs Exile to determine the fate of the universe. I just don't see how, with all the possible plot paths for those two characters, it could be done without everything being very convoluted. You would have to determine who is LS and who is DS, are they male or female, and which characters died in the other games. Could anyone imagine what kind of conversation could be used to clear all this up at the beginning. The conversation with Atton to determined that stuff in KOTOR II was contrived enough--and it only focused on 2 aspects (DS/LS and M/F). How would one even decide the definitive look for Exile in KOTOR III? With Revan, all you have to do is put him/her back in the robes and mask--you can't do this with Exile.

This is all moot anyway, 'cause without a patch or expansion disc to clean up the end of KOTOR II, KOTOR III will have to be a brand new game with (mainly) all new characters. This would kill the continuity of the trilogy, thereby not doing the meta-story justice. It would be like if ROTJ had all new characters who destroyed the Empire and only mentioned Luke and co. in passing.

So maybe we should all band together to get a finish to KOTOR II before worrying about III

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think you need all of the cut stuff of KOTOR II to finish the story in KOTOR III.

Almost everything that was cut had nothing to do with the Exile, more with his crew. Since the third part should/will play in a different part of the galaxy and you are supposed to leave all (or most) of your old crew behind, it doesn't really make any difference.

6. lemon-drop

lemon-drop Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2005
    It just occured to me (actually, it occured to me last night, as I was laying in bed, trying to go to sleep) that Revan wouldn't have gone into the UR alone. If he was a lightsider, then Mission and Zaalbar would have gone with him (one for the lifedebt, the other because she has nowhere else to go...I can't really picture Mission being put into a Republic foster child system) and if he went Darkside, at the very least he'd have Zaalbar with him.

I also like the idea of the playable character for KOTORIII being Handmaiden or Disciple. It wouldn't give you many options as far as facial features go, but some sacrifices would need to be made for good storytelling, and I think that it could work very well.

7. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    If they had the exil and Revan in the third one, couldn't they just have an option at the begining of the game to say what s/he looked like, like they did in the other two?

darth-nemisis

8. canderous0

canderous0 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2005
    I agree with everything that poeple are saying.
    The only thing is that I want to be a little more in depth with all of the allies.

First the returning characters, they should bring back Jolee Bindo. He was freaking awsome. Also Canderous and yes I agree, Revan. But the most impotant is HK-47. Bring him backagain meatbags!

I also think that they should alow you to have alien companions. No I don't mean wookies or twieleks or aliens like from the movie (although that would be a little cool) but a lot of different alien species like rodians or selkath maybe.(partial spoiler) If they bring back wookies then they have to give you like three or four. Not just one.

Also I think that you should be able to buy pets to fight for you that come along with whatever character you assign as its owner. like a kath hound or a tuk'ata or a shyrak or a boma or maalras. Or maybe a rancor?

I also agree with the more customizability for your main character. I also think that they should give you the ability of alien characters. Something along the lines of multiple arms for multiple wielding (four arms four weapons).

Another thing for those better lightsaber people, immagine this. A short bladed doubl lightsaber that can be wielded with one hand (leaving the other hand open for annother short bladed double lightsaber).

(another spoiler)I also think that if they are going to have multiple races that there should be some cool special feats for those characters (like Hanhaars' wookie rage).

9. canderous0

canderous0 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2005
    Well if Jolee is dead then they should have master vandar come back and be an ally. That would be cool. especially because since he is so small they would probably have to do some different animation on him to fit his fighting style.

10. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Vandar died on Kaatar. A certain selection of dialog, I think Vrook's says so. I found the clip in the stream folder so i don't know if it is in the final game. I would also like to see Ossus, (i think i spelt that right). I mean we have gone to Korriban twice and it was in ruin, why not go to the Jedi ruined planet.

11. diabloboost

diabloboost Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    i have a few suggestions:

1)George should make movie from these. they already have great stories.
    2)I read about choosing which characters you want. Well i wouldnt want any character but they could give you a few more character slots, maybe for a jedi master or give you at least 1 extra party member when you go adventuring.
    3)(biggest thing probably ever mentioned) DONT CUT OUT THE QUESTS!!!! like they did with the HK unit factory on the xbox version
    4)maybe even a few more planets like Corouscant (dont know how it spelled)
    5)some improved swooping like actually racing a huge track with opponents
    6)NOT AS MUCH SOLO MISSIONS AS IN KOTOR 2 (i hated fighting with Atton in the cantina against those 2 sisters. I wasted all my life supports and plasmas on them.

I liked KOTOR2 overall but i got fed up with the only thing you are worried about is the freakin MANDALORIAN wars (thats the past. get over it)

12. Havok

Havok Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    As far as adding new items (Lighsabers/Robes) or new or returning characters, I could care less. I just want an enjoyable playing game where at the end, you aren't standing there asking what the F&%K??

That ending (KOTOR II) was the biggest pile of Bovine excrement ever!!!

13. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Diabloboost, George Lucas couldn't have mad the KOTOR games into movies, they were written by different people based on Star Wars EU which wasn't written by him either.

ONly Episodes I-VI were written, the Eu cam after the first three movies, without the movies...no KOTOR or other Star Wars EU.

14. Lord-Revan

Lord-Revan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Look...depending on how you played KOTOR 1, As a dark jedi in KOTOR 1 you kill Jolee, and Master Vandarr is killed also in the battle's in the sky's at the end of KOTOR 1. You will see him say "it is too late to retreat." then his ship explodes.

15. Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2005
    I think it would be cool to have a character who is one of Vandars/Yodas race in the next game. But one just starting out as a Jedi. So instead of being wise and profound like they all seem to be, he/she could be reckless and headstrong. It would also allow that character to start at a low level while still fitting in with the story.

16. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    what is this about pets?! this isn't star wars galaxies

movies?! the whole point is the fact that you can make choices...

lightsaber ax, nun-chucks? what the heck...

everyone has been arguing about being revan/exile. it is obvious you just cant do it, you have to be some jedi appretice...

they cant let you choose your species because it would require them to put variable dialouge depending on what species you are. like people make fun of you, or reacting to what you look like or are.

there is a lot of stuff that people want that is already in other star wars games, you cant just take all the games and shove them together...

-Master of Stuff

17. DarthCookoo

DarthCookoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2003
    My take on KOTOR 3.

A quick note tho this only works if you view Kotor as ANH, Kotor 2 as ESB anf Kotor 3 as ROTJ (especially plotwise - rescue the comrade in arms destroy the empire once and for all)

The game picks up at the end of KOTOR 2 with the Exile flying off in search of Revan. The exile is on her last legs from from the fight with Kreia and Sion (thus explainly sort of why you have to start from character level 1 again). The Exile persuades T3-MA to unlock the nav computer. The last destination was Yavin 4. This is explained in the opening crawl.

CGI start movie: As the Ebon Hawk enters the the Yavin System it is attacked by wave after wave of Sith fighters. The Sith Empire has occupied the Yavin system as a spear head for their invasion of the Galaxy. Crippled, the Ebon Hawk is taken to the space formerly maintained by the Rodian Inventor or from KOTOR 1 (PC Version). Everyone is captured with the exception of the Exile, who it has been decided will be the bet character to rescue the rest of the crew. (Similar to KOTOR aboard the leviathan)

Thus the game starts with the exile on the space station with 2 quests, find his/her companions and escape in the ebon Hawk (alsorts of opportunities for lowering tractor beam type missions). The quest is a mixed success. The Exile locates the droids (Hk - 47 and T3 - M4) and the Rodian inventor (who becomes a party member, neutral engineer type character) but watches as a Sith transport take Ebon Hawk crew to unknown regions to be used as slaves in the Sith Empire (and allowing the game to have new characters). Whilst aboard the space Station the exile also discovers that Revan is being held in a Massassi temple on Yavin 4. The gender and force alignment is selected here by reviewing Revan's history files on the computer). Due to his/her strength in the force Revan is being used as power generator (much like humans are 'enteched' in Truce at Bakura). The exile heads for Yavin 4. On the jungle planet, the exile also encounters Master Vander who is also searching for Revan and he becomes a player character (LS jedi Consular). When Revan is rescued he/she becomes a member of the team (Force as above, jedi Sentinel). Reavan also reveals the games main quest...

To be continued.

let me know if you want to here the rest of a fan's idea of what KOTOR 3 should be.

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think the game should start on Coruscuant, as you try to determine what happened to the Exile and Revan. As you unlock mysteries in the Jedi Temple, it takes you to different planets that Revan and the Exile may or may not have been to.

19. CaptainKatarn

CaptainKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Good one Cookoo!

20. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

we all the things i could think of that would make things better are...

first since lightsaber styles where introduced i think that if you pick certain styles it should be flected in how your character attacks and defends, it gets boring watching the same moves repeated over and over again

second would be that you could pick your own characters hair, skin tone, body size etc...

another would be that instead of just building a lightsaber you can customise the outer shell of it.

21. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Greater customisation of characters and items I think has to be in there.

I liked the random item drops as well, but I would like it a bit more like diablo 2 system eg ultra rare super items that only drop once every 5 games or something. More items as well, with changing stats eg Bindos band gives +1 wisdom in one game. In the next it drops with +2 wisdom.

More animations in general but especially for during combat flurry flurry flurry same animation gets a bit boring.

I think it needs to be a new character, but they need a new way to get a jedi to have no powers unless you were born outside the republic or something.

I did like making people jedi and it would be nice to have the main character training another to be a jedi in a bit more depth.

NO wookies, and only hk47 and t3m4 for droids. Goto annoyed me and i never used him or spoke to him.

An ending that is good. More than just one short cutscene I want reactions from the group as to what i did how the journey changed them ect rather than keira telling you "oh they're all jedi, apart from canderous coz mandalorians suck"

At the end of Kotor 3 you find the real sith have found a prophesy about bringing the force into balance ;)

22. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    The Sith should have a prophecy about bringing the Force out of balance. Like, completely. It's not balanced before, during and after KotOR (up until RotJ) anyway, but ... "You speak of the one who can majorly screw up the Force and you believe it's this... Ewok?" or something.
    but not into balance. Why would Sith want that?

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, if someone would bring the force out of balance 4000 years before ANH, than Anakin would have to "come to life" earlier, so this wouldn't really work. He was produced as the force recognized that it would be brought out of balance soon.

I doubt LucasArts would even allow it. It would diminish the power of the Emperor, who was responsible for the Jedi losing control and the emergence of the darkside. It's not like the Sith had accomplished anything before Palpatine, so there is nothing that could have brought the force out of balance before him.

24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't remember being told of Jolees death in KOTOR 2, I heard some stories about him, but nothing about death.

Anyway, my ideas.

We need important planets this time around, espeically if this game is the last. Also planets that will be suffient enough to take a few hours to complete.

Coruscant is a must: Areas like the Jedi Temple, Senate District, Factory area, Senate, and a Merchant area would be nice.

Planet Mandalore: To me it is a must concidering that the Mandalorians will be playing Rohirrim role in the next game(in my opinion). I'm sure there is enough to do on a Mandalorian planet.

Yavin: There is so much to do on this planet, and to explore. The Kun/Sadow temples, the Jedi City, left over Massassi.

3 New Planets: two being Unknown Regions

Cinnagar or Hapes

Alderaan: Got to have a EP3 tie in world

As for Pary Members:

Jolee
    Bastila
    T3
    HK(with Remote)
    A Falleen
    A Bothan
    Dustil Onasi
    A Sith Trooper
    Mira

Returning characters/ non-Party members:

Lord Mandalore
    Carth Onasi
    Admiral Dodonna
    Cassus Fett
    HandMaiden
    visas Marr
    Zaalbar and Mission(if lightside)
    Force Ghost Kreia

A influence system that allows for influence regardless of alignment.

Better written characters who have story's to tell like in KOTOR

An Epic story, and a great ending

25. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    nobody brings the force out of balance thousands of years before Palpatine
    all I said was they could get a prophecy of it.

especially if TSL had subtle foreshadowing references to Palpy and other stuff from the movie stories...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.