main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    I agree that KOTOR is about the story but I think an XBOX live online team playable version could definately work....although they cant get rid of the single player part of the game.

2. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    exactly oissan, when i said evolve i want their to be an MMO addition to a KOTOR 3. thats why i comparied it to final fanasty, keep giving us the stories but bring out an MMO of KOTOR not necessarily just one or the other. i kind of felt from that start that bioware is working on a KOTOR or the new SW tv show MMO, but they are still working out details on KOTOR 3 with lucus.

****things i have read and pasted together from gaming insiders information*****

i feel from friends in the business that the KOTOR MMO will share the same timeline but not the same story arch as KOTOR 1 and 2.
    with this in the works lucas has told sony they will be stoping galaxies soon after the release of this MMO.
    sony has moved their efforts of course (because lucasarts/film/ltd is not supporting galaxies right now) to another big MMO they are working on in austin. the DC universe online MMO. which looks pretty good from what i hear and jim lee did most of the mock up on the heros and some buildings. *if you want more details on this send me a PM.
    i just don't think we will see a KOTOR 3 out when and if this new MMO drops. i would like to see one soon after but i think bioware's focus is to have this new MMO out next year.
    they might pass KOTOR 3 along to the guys who made KOTOR 2 but like i said purely my view and opinion from the information i read and heard, KOTOR seems to be turning to a final fantasy type franchise.
    which is a good thing for KOTOR fans.....

3. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    Just finished 2 for the umpteenth time....man I need a 3 bad...that is all.

4. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    Same here, beat it again yesterday.

5. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    A now former LA employee has told Kotaku that KOTOR 3 is an MMO

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I keep hearing about this KOTOR 3 = MMO crap and quite frankly it makes me rather angry.

7. Dutchwolf

Dutchwolf Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2008
    No one seems to notice on Bioware's official site, under list of games under development, they have "Massively Multiplayer Online". Then underneath that under "New Next Gen Game" is "LucasArts/Bioware Interactive Product". Thats two separate games in development, and we all know what game this "Interactive Product" is... KOTOR 3.

8. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    If they wanted us to know what the LucasArts/BioWare project is, they wouldn't have listed them as seperate titles. Just because they did, doesn't mean they aren't. It could be a Star Wars MMO.

9. Sithistorian

Sithistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2006
    I really hope KOTOR 3 isn't an MMO. But I hope it's as big as if not bigger than Oblivion.

10. BH_Jorgus

BH_Jorgus Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2008
    Kotor 3 is coming guys I'd just like to point that out, right now I'm looking for the link that shows that it is coming along with a DIFFERENT Star Wars MMO

11. BH_Jorgus

BH_Jorgus Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2008
    KOTOR III pretty much confirmed via this article and a few others.
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/682811/Bioware_Working_On_New_KOTOR.html

here it is, and also...

Here is a press release from a couple of months ago. It doesn?t confirm KOTOR III, but it very well could be. It is the announcement of a collaboration between LucasArts and Bioware. http://www.lucasartsbioware.com

somewhat comfirmation, this is from

http://www.xbox360rally.com/kotor-3-in-development-schwing/#comment-40020

another kotor 3 thread, which I post in under the name Jedi Legend (JL)

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    There is no confirmation.

As far as Bioware and LucasArts go, both have denied that they are working on KOTOR III, LucasArts went as far as saying their project with Bioware has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic.

A man who supposedly was a former employee of LucasArts saying something isn't proof. It's possible, as we have absolutely no idea what they are working on, but right now it is as much speculation as every other rumour before.

Right now I see the chance of Bioware developing an MMO with LucasArts to be bigger than the one for a single player game, though I wouldn't like it, but that doesn't mean that it has to be KOTOR, especially with the real Star Wars series coming out in 2009 or 2010, which could be used as a tie-in.

13. SionsBrother

Nov 26, 2006
  14. BH_Jorgus

BH_Jorgus Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2008
    I guess yeah, well I'm still hoping for a Kotor 3 or any good Star Wars game to come out soon. Though two are being worked on I do hope that they can be released quickly as long as they're not released prematurely. I also can't wait for Star Wars: Force Unleashed

15. SionsBrother

Nov 26, 2006
    At least you got hope.

16. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Another day another KOTOR MMO rumour

While we?ve already heard about the upcoming Knights of the Old Republic MMO ? both from the leaked script and angry ex-employees ? there?s been no word on a possible release date. Until now, that is.

Speaking to investors at a recent stock conference, EA CEO John Riccitello let slip mention of the upcoming MMO that they might be co-publishing with LucasArts.

"It's giving us strong new entries in online. For example, we're funding the MMO in Austin, which is helping us a lot."

As TotalVideoGames points out, the only EA-owned studio in that area is BioWare?s MMORPG satellite studio. BioWare is seen as the most likely candidate to be developing the game. Coincidence? Maybe, but it still seems somewhat likely. At least EA shouldn?t feel the need to include any ridiculously lame copy protection, since it?s an MMO.

17. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Ugh an MMO sounds TERRIBLE. I hope they'll atleast include a single player game, I have no interest in an MMO. They feel long and pointless and there's no way I'm paying extra money to play online.

18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How does that comment have anything to do with KOTOR?

Really, that is as stupid as a rumour can get. Everyone knows that Bioware is working on an MMO in Austin. Now the owner of EA lets is somewhat talking about when it might be released, again, what does that have to do with KOTOR?

I have seen some pretty stupid rumours so far, but this one really takes the cake. Of course it could be a Star Wars MMO, there have been rumours about that for quite some time, but how is someone talking about the possible release date of an already announced game suddenly seen as a rumour for what the game may turn out to be?

19. SionsBrother

Nov 26, 2006
    What does that have to do with Kotor you ask?

Because LucasArts and BioWare were mentioned in the article.

That's why.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I didn't wonder why it was written here, I was wondering how anyone could come to the conclusion that this particular news has anything to do with KOTOR. The site which reports it, is simply doing a horrid job with this news.

Bioware has announced in 2006 that they are working on an MMO in Austin, the only news that the head of EA brought forward, was that the MMO isn't likely to come out before 2010 or 2011.

How does the inofficial word about the possible release date lead to any speculation about what the game is about?
    Everyone knows that the game is coming, no one knows what it's about, how does the news that it is likely to come out in 2010 or 2011 change anything about that?
    It simply makes no sense at all to connect KOTOR with this MMO just because the possible release date came out, one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

That's like Lucas announcing a possible start date for the real series and a site drawing the conclusion that it's about the youth of the Emperor. There is simply no way that you can get that kind of information out of what was said. (and yes, I completely disregarded that we already know what the series is mostly about).

21. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    What makes you think that just because KoToR3 is going to be an MMoRPG that makes it a bad title? I personally would not mine walking around from planet to planet killing jedi in PVP combat as a sith.. i think that there is alot of potential there if the game was done right.. I think that unlike galaxies in which I heard that it is impossible to get a jedi they would have to make it a class but make the game balanced... Else everyone and there brother is going to be a flipping jedi..

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The whole point of KOTOR is the storyline and having an MMO defeats that point.

23. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Not if the story is done properly.. Look at the lord of the rings MMO.. you can get absored into the story quite easily on that.. i would not mind a single player RPG with online elements though.. meaning you can get togather with buddies and what not to complete missions but it is also soloable with new content added daily.. I don't know a MMoRPG in the star wars universe just seems like fun to me.. not sure how you would do it but what would be better then seeing 20 jedi in a pvp arena battle going at it??

24. Sithistorian

Sithistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2006
    No one doubts that a MMO set in the KOTOR era with lots of Sith and lots of Jedi running around killing each other would be fun (I think it would be awesome to see people battle over who is the true Lord of the Sith). But many of us don't want it to be a substitute for a stand alone KOTOR 3 or even pretend to the title of KOTOR 3. My main reason is that I have neither the time nor the money the spend on such a game. I think WOW is awesome. But I don't play it. I can imagine a lot of cool **** for a KOTOR MMO. But I wouldn't play it.

25. chaotic_passion

chaotic_passion Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2008
    Wow, I really hope something comes out soon. It's going to be five years since the release of KotOR 2, come December...

I just really hope it's not a MMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.