main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithistorian

Sithistorian Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2006
    Oissan: Thanks for the information. I'm glad the Gizka team is still fixing KOTOR II.

Do you think there is any reason, given TOR, that anyone will make KOTOR III? It seems to me one of the selling points for TOR is that you might be able to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile. The True Sith that return in TOR are the very same ones that Revan sought. It's natural to think they know what happened to Revan and the Exile (assuming the Exile sought Revan). The makers of TOR might reveal that history in any number of ways. Simple books to read, holocrons to view, they might even have KOTOR III built right into TOR like a huge mini-game!

Are there reasons, financial maybe, for making a stand alone KOTOR III?

2. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The reason should be: "We will do this third game for the fans, to complete the trilogy"
    Of course that will never be reason enough, but thats the way it should have been. If they choose however to just give us a short overview on the faith of the Kotor SP games, Revan, the rest of the legendary story and characters in a hololog or a book during the TOR game, that would in my opinion be a very very poor choice. Nothing against a MMO, but remember that many people dont play those type of games, and the Kotor was originaly started as a SP game, so then we, as well as the games deserves to have this great story complete as a SP experience!

3. jedimastermason

jedimastermason Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2009
    well i think that a koTor3 is noting coming anytime soon!

4. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,so then we, as well as the games deserves to have this great story complete as a SP experience!,,

I wouldnt mind if it would be a Force Unleash like game with rpg elements.

5. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    This a few months old, but: more rumors..

I've given up hope on KOTOR 3 now, but it sounds like it could be reliable. "KOTOR 3" could just mean TOR, since this was before TOR's announcement.

6. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Had they promised a Kotor 3 after TOR?

7. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Sorry for interupting folks, but is this the official SWTOR discussion thread or speculation regarding KOTOR 3? I only ask because I want to ask some questions in the correct thread but can't seem to find an official SWTOR thread.

Thanks guys!

8. ljjtellsavision

ljjtellsavision Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2007
    This is speculation on KOTOR 3 indeed.

For the Old Republic, go here:

Surprised this thread is still running. I used to visit this thread regularly 6 months ago, but I guess everybody understand that it's not going to happen. 190+ pages for a game that doesn't exist. :(

9. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Surprised this thread is still running. I used to visit this thread regularly 6 months ago, but I guess everybody understand that it's not going to happen. 190+ pages for a game that doesn't exist. :(

Well, that tells us only how much people wanted to see the Kotor trilogy finished.
    Im still amazed that they didnt decide to finish one of the greatest games ever. Even two, or three more Kotor threads are running on these forums. People really love the game!

10. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Thank you master Kenobi, however it appears that your link did not work [face_plain] Never mind, thanks for the info :)

11. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    With BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG on the horizon, do you personally think there will ever be a "true" Star Wars: KotOR III? Why or why not?

Obsidian: I don't really know. A part of me hopes that there will be, because I think we can do things in the more single player story based RPGs that you just can't do in an MMORPG. Like I said, I really hope that there is one, with BioWare busy on the MMO; I hope LucasArts gives us a shot at making KotOR III.

Source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.