main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I'd like to see more force sensitive opponents than in KOTOR2. I think I used force resistance maybe twice the whole game. I only remember running into them on Malacor V, and they were pretty much sith troopers with lightsabers. I liked the dark jedi, Darth Bandon, and such in the first one way better. And they were all over the place, not just on the Star Forge.

Then like everyone else, I'd like a game that you only have to save in case you die, not because you're afraid it'll freeze at any given moment.

And a proper ending, not some lame conversation with an NPC.

I don't like the random objects in shops either. Having to save and reload to get access to good items is dumb. Random container items is cool, but the shops should be constant.

2. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2004
    Although I didn't play the 2nd one, I am convinced that both are great games. I think it would have been very intriguing if the Kotor series was planned out as a trilogy in the first place. To make a possible 3rd one a great game, give us a compelling story which ties up all ends (if there are any) and make it a more detailed game, like: hood up/hood down function, customized lightsaber, great villains, etc.

I don't think that Revan and the Exile should be available party members in Kotor III (I know how much they are adored around here) because as I see it, there far too powerful. Nevertheless, I think they should join up with the PC of Kotor III for the final part of the game, ridding the galaxy of the Sith threat once and for all (or at least for a reasonable period of time and not like, 3 years). Imagine that: Revan, the Exile and the PC entering the last Sith sanctuary, lowering their hood and the Sith know: They mean business...

As for continuity, I just want to mention the BG trilogy: No continuity, nevertheless a great RPG trilogy - you could kill each of your NPCs and they would still appear in the next installment. So I (personally) would have no problems with LS-ending as a prerequisite for the game.

LL :)

Edit: It would be nice to have a Jedi of Yodas race in your party, too.

3. Havok

Havok Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I think the next KOTOR (Here's hoping another is made!!) would be critical to tie both of the previous one's together in storyline.

Possibly something your character from KotorII and Revan did in on Malichor V not only caused the planet's condition, and the your sudden loss in connection for the force in your KOTORII character, but also would be nice (If possible and matches the storyline of the Star Wars Movie) to also tie this event to what Mace, Yoda, and Qui-gon are refering to when they mention the force being out of balance.

Maybe even in KOTORIII you are sent to find out what happened to Revan. This could be controlled (Lightside/Darkside ending of Kotor 1 or 2) by who sends you or where you are too.

Darkside - You could still be on Malichor V, when Zalbaar (Wookie from 1st one) shows up to tell you some clues about where Revan was...then Joins your party to begin planet hopping for clues.
    Lightside - You could have returned to known space after Malichor V, when you meet with Chancellor or Senator Carth(Now a civilian leader..retired from Military service) and he asks you to seek out Revan. Bastila could join your party at this point since she somehow feels Revan calling her through the force (Disturbance in the force) and she needs you to help her investigate and find him.

Over the whole story you find out that the true evil (As mentionend in KOTORII that Revan was seeking out) was planning their actual assault on the rest of the Weakend galaxy. (The Mandalorian War they insigated, and forseen the following Sith/Jedi Civil war would totally devistate the remaining Jedi, who they know are the only one's who could defeat them.) Bastila and yourself must infiltrate and somehow end the menace that threatens to shroud the whole galaxy. This one will be more war oriented, with you having to direct the war effort, on where to attack (Requiring a new battle skill of War Strategy/master War Strategy..ect..) Teamed with Bastila's Battle Meditation, you must direct the major battle on the True Sith's evil home planet.

However, there will be some twists. Revan has now joined the evil army (fell to the darkside again), and has seduced Bastila to join him...and you must now use all your pursuade skill (Maybe even a budding romance) to sway her back to the lightside. Plus you have to fight off the Sith Master (Main Bad guy, who seems to have the ability to turn anyone (No matter how strong a Jedi's mind is) to evil. The dialog options during the game, should be increasing more difficult to find the right answers to keep/fight off the temptation to turn to the darkside. Plus the connection you now feel for Bastila could be used against you, jealousy if you feel she is more interested in her first love..Revan. (That is unless you feel like it is your destiny to destroy the Dark Master and command the Evil Hordes yourself to take on the Galaxy). A good point here if you go dark is that you will want to take an appentice..who do you pit against each other but none other than Bastila and Revan. The winner become's your apprentice.

Of course a whole different senario would have to work out if Revan was a woman in your answers to how the first one was played.

However, this story line could be something more connected to Darth Nihlis, since he/she/it didn't seem to be anything but a form of ghost. We never got a full answer on him, and somehow could be connected with the true sith..or some sort of abhoration they created to drain the force energy/destroy the Jedi would be interesting. Possibly Revan has now taken this type form..since he/she will probably have a mask on too...

At some point, you find Revan's Holo-diary and it is the begining or source for the prophecy of the "Chosen one". It may detail, a certain dark force form he and your character unleashed on Malichor V that destroyed the planed and knocked the Force out of balance...in addition, he gained a forsight for a moment of one who would someday come to bring the force back to balance. This Holo-diary is kept on the de

4. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Awsome ideas. What I would like to see is them put the Wars back in Star Wars with each planet containing a high octane battle, with the main character being a Jedi general of sorts. Everything about the first one was great, with the exception of the combat. Keep the upgradable weapons and armor to retain the RPG element of the game, but make the fighting more like a FPS. Costumizable force powers, intense dialoge and an in depth storyline would balance the RPG and FPS genres into a single uber-game. Combind the best of KotOR, the JK series and Battlefront for the ultimate SW game.

5. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Also, something missing from KotOR 2...HOODED ROBES! I saw them on Kreia and the Handmadien, but where's MINE!? I want a friggin' hooded robe! And, if I may push it a bit, a Dooku-ish outfit, or armor. You know, with a cape, and such. That'd be nice.

Yes, that too!!! That would be great! I forgot to mention that! I want those too!

And I think it would be cool if Revan or the exile was in your party, but as someone mentioned, they would be too powerful. I like how you have to build your character from scratch. That's what makes an RPG an RPG.

darth_nemisis

6. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Yes!!! An outfit like Dookus would be awesome! And a curved lightsaber hilt too!
    I agree with those people who're saying that Revan and the Exile shouldn't be in your party until the end of the game; they're just too powerful to start with' em from the beginning.
    Maybe one of them should be the final boss, depending on what Revans choice at the end of Kotor I.
    I desperately want to see Coruscant in KotORIII. Missions and assignements from both the senate and the Jedi coucil, and you have to choose the priority of them, because they could contradict each other.

Oh yeah, bring the Wars back to Star Wars! Battles between Republic forces and the "true" Sith on remote planets, while you have to organize defense and offense of your troops to ensure victory.

A space battle! Oh my, think of the endless possibilities :D

7. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Instead of a sequal to the other two games in the series, go back to the original concept of exploring a whole new era in the Star Wars Universe. I propose KotOR III: The Skywalker, a game set 1,000 years before TPM, where little if any events are found in the EU already.

There hadn't been a galactic wide body of government since the colapse of the Republic nearly three thousand years ago. Legends about anchient orders such as the Jedi Knights and the dreaded Sith were dismissed by all as myths for children. That is, until Bendu Dianogas, a humble moisture farmer, lost his wife Ashla and all his children, causing him to seek meaning for life and reconnecting with the Living Force. Through his guidence, a new Galactic Republic was formed, with Jedi Knights once more as its protectors.

However, The Skywalker and his apprentice Boggan Lettow have dissappeared beyond the outer rim, and the enemies of the Republic, the Mandalorians Hutts, have attacked, led by the newly reamerged Sith.

The game begins with you the player learning from the Jedi Council on the new Temple on Corrusant that you are the only surviving Son of Skywalker. Your mission is twofold: Lead the Republic's battledroid armies to victory in the war against the Sith, and discover the truth of your father's dissaperance. You are armed only with your lightsaber and the knowlage that your father has indeed not gone over to the darkside.
    Learn of the last full scale war till AotC, the full prophecy of the Choosen One, why the Force is out of balance, and just what the Sith want revenge for.

8. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    It seems everyone is asking for custome lightsabers, and while I agree wholeheartedly, it seems no one has thought to ask for different saber styles. Right now, all saber battles look the same, because the everyone has the same couple of attacks. Add new stuff to the mix like saber stabs, kicks, katas, ect.
    If you weild a single saber you could switch between styles during combat to offset the obvious atvantage of the duel sabers and staff.

9. Light-Side-Addict

Light-Side-Addict Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2005
    About the colors, i think that u could add a couple more like brown i would luv to see a brown sabre it would be ok.i also agree with the stances it would be nice to have better fighting actions instead of the same stuff every battle

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The major thing I want is a new PC(not Revan or the Exile), otherwise it wouldn't be KotOR.

11. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    And I think it would be cool if Revan or the exile was in your party, but as someone mentioned, they would be too powerful. I like how you have to build your character from scratch. That's what makes an RPG an RPG.

I recall in the clone wars game Dooku had a force harvester or something. It talked about there being one long ago. was it referring to kotor time???
    If so that could be a great plotline for kotor 3 and the exile and Revan could have had thier force powers drained, as well as all the other jedi from previous 1 and 2. Then you could build them up again along with all the other jedi from the games. It could be an all jedi party. And as far as people saying Revan and the exile couldnt be in the game cause it wouldnt know what they looked like...ect. Well if you have kotor 1 and 2 data saved on your memory card it should be able to load it to determine your character apperance and everything. If you disaggre with that then the idea of just custimizing three characters at the begining is there.

12. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    I propose KotOR III: The Skywalker, a game set 1,000 years before TPM, where little if any events are found in the EU already.

The only problem with that is that there is a large event there already. It's called the Ruusan Reformation and it's when the Sith went into hiding, the republic refomed, and the planet Ruusan is where the Valley of the Jedi from the Jedi Knight series is located.

13. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    It seems everyone is asking for custome lightsabers, and while I agree wholeheartedly, it seems no one has thought to ask for different saber styles. Right now, all saber battles look the same, because the everyone has the same couple of attacks. Add new stuff to the mix like saber stabs, kicks, katas, ect.
    If you weild a single saber you could switch between styles during combat to offset the obvious atvantage of the duel sabers and staff.

Actually, I did mention that. :p

"Last, but not least, more animations. I know, there are new ones in KotOR 2, but I think there should be certain ones for certain lightsaber forms. Like, if I was using a form 2 (fencing) style, then my PC should fight in a fencing form."

...If that's what you mean. O:)

~Vassago

14. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Rev: The conflict you speak of has already been depicted in the Jedi VS Sith comic books. It culminated in the Battle of Ruusan, which annihilated all who took part in it. Only the Sith descended from Darth Bane survived that, while the reformed Jedi lost a good number as well. This was what formed the Valley of the Jedi. Because of this, it cannot be overwritten by anything except G-canon.

Now, despite the near-unfathomable awesomeness of KOTOR 1 and 2, there are quite a few improvements that could be made to the series when number three rolls around.

1) I'd rather like more varieties of lightsabers besides single and double blades -- lightwhips and lightknives, to name a couple.

2) I'd also like to see the dark/light system not adhere to Jedi values as much -- the Jedi are not the sole arbiters of right and wrong, and the Jedi Council is demonstrably a few fries short of a happy meal.

3) I also think it would be interesting if the player had a "pet" of some sort as a playable party member. The pet would vary for different alignments and character classes, including such diverse things as kinrath, bomas, tuk'ata, hssiss, kath hounds, or even a cute little gizka that suddenly pulled a Hulk when threatened. That would be SO AWESOME.

4) For god's sake, make the droids good for something besides banter. They kind of did that with T3, but give me more stuff to do with him, like taking over turrets in a base or making him into a fearsome tank droid. In both 1 and 2, in combat there's no reason to use the droids for blaster support instead of someone like Canderous, who can be healed with Force Heal instead of having to use a specialized kit. The droids should have a noticeable bonus to some combat-oriented skill that makes them worth taking with you. The only thing I ever do with HK-47 is talk. While he's extraordinarily good at that, I never use him in battle. Perhaps a (relatively) primitive droideka mechanism would be in order for T3's next upgrade?

5) I'd like to have more options related to Stealth, a skill I personally find to be useless considerng your Jedi mad skillz. Why sneak around enemies and not get any items or XP when I can hack open a door with my saber, deliver a witty one-liner, and proceed to bust it up with Force powers and fancy sword moves, which looks cooler anyway? There should be sniper weapons in the game that allow you to take down unsuspecting enemies from afar. Grenades fulfill this function to some extent, but throwing them should not interrupt Stealth Mode. I did rather like the Stealth Run skill, though -- it's a start.

6) As this is to some extent a squad-based game, your party should be more heavily involved with the tactics necessary to take down an enemy base, unless of course the player chooses to be one of the hack and slash classes.

7) Tripod blaster cannons. Need I say more?

8) Rocket launchers.

9) Drivable vehicles.

10) Taking part in massive battles, both on the ground and in space. We saw some of that on Onderon, Dantooine, and Telos -- I can't help feeling that it's a taste of something far greater. I'd love to be on a boarding party that takes control of an enemy capital ship and converts it to the Republic's side. Hell, I'd love to just be a turbolaser gunner and give anyone coming through my viewport a nice hot plasma sandwich. MM MM GOOD!

11) More challenging, huge enemies instead of oodles of easy ones. The tank droid on Telos was a perfect example. Having to take down more huge enemies like that (walkers, tanks, low-flying assault ships, and the like) would put the icing on the cake. Of course, awesome items are almost a required present for such a feat.

12) Break RPG tradition -- who the hell decided on a three-character limit? That's bullcrap. Any RPGer worth his salt could handle at least four.

13) Use Coruscant as your base planet. That's what it's there for. I'd also like to see the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

14) DO NOT GO BACK TO TATOOINE. Or Korriban, for that matter. There's bound to be more than one seething dark side

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    9) Drivable vehicles.

10) Taking part in massive battles, both on the ground and in space. We saw some of that on Onderon, Dantooine, and Telos -- I can't help feeling that it's a taste of something far greater. I'd love to be on a boarding party that takes control of an enemy capital ship and converts it to the Republic's side. Hell, I'd love to just be a turbolaser gunner and give anyone coming through my viewport a nice hot plasma sandwich.

The problem with those two is that KotOR is mainly a RPG. Drivable vehicles/focus on controlling ships would make divert it towards being a TPS/Adventure or a space combat sim. Hell, plus Bioware/Obsidian's attempts at anything non-RPG really, really suck.

16. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    "The only problem with that is that there is a large event there already. It's called the Ruusan Reformation and it's when the Sith went into hiding, the republic refomed, and the planet Ruusan is where the Valley of the Jedi from the Jedi Knight series is located."

I'm perfectly aware of the entire srory, with Lord Hoth fighting Darth Bane and the Brotherhood of Darkness on Ruusan. Where do you think the last battle of the game would take place. Some details would be changed of course, first to make a better game, and secondly to better bring together the movies and the EU, but overall that was the original insperation.

17. darthmaul3162

darthmaul3162 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    And for Goodness sakes bring back Bioware. Their the ones who brought Kotor to Life.

18. HKFactory

HKFactory Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2005
    There was a deleted level in SL. One where HK-47 raids the HK-50 factory and destroys all the HK units. I was thinking, why not make than into an entire game! I would love to be HK the entire time and just roam across the galaxy killing idiot HK-50 units. I can see it now. Star Wars: Droids of the Old Republic.

19. ilovelightning-_-

ilovelightning-_- Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    lol the idea of a whole game revolving around Hk would be funny...i can see the sequel to it now... return of the meatbags

20. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    how about KOTOR 3:The Mandalorian Wars. you start as a jedi general and you must help the republic win the war ext ext ext.

21. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    would be good but it would leave kotor 2 questions unanswered still, seeing it would be before kotor 2 timeperiod.

22. Light-Side-Addict

Jan 9, 2005
    having a Star Wars game to be about the mandalorian wars would be sweet it would be cool. This is a TEST color=black

did it work?

23. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    No, you need to put [ in front and ] at the end of "color=black", and [/color] at the end of what you want colored. but since it's already black, it might have worked, but didn't make a difference. You need and [ /hl] (without the spaces)

24. Light-Side-Addict

Jan 9, 2005
    so like this?

did it work

25. Light-Side-Addict

Jan 9, 2005
    ill try again.

hope it works cmon hope it works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.