main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    Fallen, your idea is getting better. good....the idea with choosing from the people in the last game would be weird.

2. Havok

Havok Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Rethinking my ideas..

I imagine KOTOR 3 could be set up as such:

1. Your character is a new Padawan at the restored Jedi Temple on Courasant under the leading council member (Jedi Master Bastila) who is your Master. (Would love to see the room of a thousand foutains).

2. The beginning parts (To get you accustom if a new player to the game system) will be a couple of minor quests on Coresaunt. Your Skills are quite limited at this time, but growing.

3. You get summoned to a secret meeting with Bastila and newly appointed chancellor of the Republic, Carth Onasi. In this meeting, you are being instructed on your biggest mission..to go to planet __________. Where the last know location of "the exile" was seen to find out where T-3 can be located. As a new but familiar figure comes out of the shadows you are introduced to a Wookie named "Zalbarr", who has brought a message from the Outer system which has the password to unlock T-3's memory core. With this information you are able to locate the systems that Revan last visited for clues to his whereabouts (since he was looking and most likely found the true sith). As the Republic is struggling to restore it'self the rumors of an evil darkness approaching has everyone in disarray and the hope of Revan's return <Revan as lightside> is the only thing holding the fragile republic (Remnants) together. Revan's return has become absolutely necessary for the republic to keep from imploding or turning into a war between the inner systems. <If Revan was Darkside> The people are hoping for a hero, anyone they can stand behind that will come forward to save them.

4. Once you finally find T-3 and unlock his memory...Holographic Messages from Carth/Bastila instruct you to follow the path and see if you can find Revan. (By now your Jedi skills have progressed nicely.)

5. One side quest could involve HK-47, and on one of the planets you must find and destroy the Droid factory that has been churning out assasin droids. T-3 has to have his computer/repair skills to a certain level to unlock this quest as he has to be the one to link up with a special computer link part you find that restores HK-47 to his good ole self, plus allows your charcter to be his Master (But only if your Pursuade skills are high enough).

6. Through your travels and Columbo like investigation, you are able to piece together parts of evidence to unlock the Secret Location of the Sith Temple. (Not a school or training ground but a Temple Dedicated solely to the Honor of the true Sith Lord who is so powerful that those who confront him, find it impossible to keep from being corrupted and are extremely loyal). At some point, you find Revan has been imprisoned in a strange force shield. You can sense life, but this power has her/him (Who knows behind the mask) in total stasis. You must defeat several Sith Lords/ and masters to reach him. Once you reach Revan, free him/her but atrophy from prolonged imprisonment makes Revan totally incapacitated but can give you info to help you. (If Revan was darkside, he redeemed himself by turning to the Lightside of the force while imprisoned) As you try to make your escape, (Remanescent of ROTJ, and Jabba) you hear an evil laugh as the True Sith master Slides in hovering by force energy in on a Elaberate Throne, high above you. After a few exchanges of conversation you realize he is trying to turn you to evil..saying how Revan refused (Revan light) to join him and was defeated, or tried to unsurp leadership and failed (If Revan was dark)...and the same fate will await you. The Temptation you have is in the same model of ROTJ... He/she encourages you to strike him/her down and your path to the Darkside will be complete. Your conversations could be like:

I am a Jedi...the lightside flows though me..<Light>

I will not attack, but defend myself..<neutral>

Then defend yourself..<Dark>

Then prepare to Die and I will take your place as Sith Lord <Very Dark>.

Nonetheless you are going to fight..and all the while, T-3 (at your request) has

3. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    exile....Exile...EXILE?!?!

4. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I would really like to know MORE about Revan...I would really need Revan to be in it.

oh yeah..and have BioWare make it :)

5. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    Well, one thing I hope for is some answers.

I don't know if it has to do with the decisions I made throughout the game, but Sith Lords left me scratching my head about a lot of things. (For the record, I just recently beat the game as a male lightsider and I said Revan was a do-gooder.)

*) There's a moment where HK tries to override the voice-coded computer, (or whatever it's called) on the Ebon Hawk and T3 zaps him. What was that about? Does that have any resolution?

*) If you state that Revan was a lightsider, what happened to Jolee Bindo, Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar? And what happened to that Yoda-like master in KOTOR1?

*) Why isn't Bastila being hunted? And for that matter, why isn't she helping me in KOTOR 2? Did she stop being a Jedi? Is she in hiding? (By the way, I don't like that the Battle Meditation was a special quality in KOTOR 1, but seemingly common in KOTOR2)

*) Though the game seemed to steer me into a love affair with Mira, I didn't want that since she was a snobby you-know-what. I was far more interested in the Handmaiden as a girlfriend or whatever, but they only hinted that she was attracted to me. The relationship never developed that way. I did, however, get it on with Visas.

*) I really hope the villains in KOTOR3 are better. I really thought Darth Nihilius was a cool looking villain with LOADS of potential. I kept waiting for some character development, but it never came. I can understand if they didn't want to reveal much about him, but we could've at least seen him in action. Instead, I saw him bully Visas, and that I can recall, I didn't see him again until it was time to destroy him. Sion and Nihilius was like having two Darth Mauls: underdeveloped and underused, but cool-looking.

*) Goto vs. the Iridonian's remote. What the hell was THAT about? And it didn't have a resolution either when I beat the game.

*) No epilogue, no final conversations with your friends/team. Basically, the thing collapses and the Ebon Hawk leaves for parts unknown. And the thing that bothers me most about it: I don't actually SEE the Exile jumping on board to safety. I'm just assuming he made it when the credits roll. Ending it this way is akin to ending Empire Strikes Back the second the Millenium Falcon enters hyperspace. No reaction from Vader, no scene assuring us that our people were ok, nothing. Would've taken away from the movie, wouldn't it?

All that aside:

I like that Revan was more mysterious in the game, and I enjoyed the cameos by Bastila and Carth, and I enjoyed figuring out that Mandalore was Canderous. And I really enjoyed having the droids back.

Onderon, Nal Hutta, and Telos were really cool planets. I'm hoping we don't see Tatoinne again. Korriban's story seems to have been finished, but I definitely think Dantoinne should return in a KOTOR 3.

It may not be possible to have Revan or the Exile as main characters, but I don't see why they shouldn't be occasional playing characters. Kinda like when you have to use Mira by herself in KOTOR2. So I'm all for using Revan and Exile again, but only occasionally, even only once or twice.

EnriqueH

6. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I really like Fallen_Jedi's ideas for the opening sequence/storyline.

Here's some stuff I'd like to see to kind of expand on his idea. Your quest begins on Coruscant (whether you start there or end up there from Trayus Academy)... and it stays on Coruscant for awhile. Other than the less than robust character creation system, my biggest complaint with these two games is the level design. I realise that the intent of going to multiple worlds is to give you the feeling you're exploring this vast galaxy, but, since memory issues limit you to exploring only very small portions of each of these worlds, I felt that the overall atmosphere was claustrophobic rather than expansive.

I'd rather the game have you explore 2 or 3 worlds more extensively. Coruscant alone has tonnes of potential. In the upper levels, you have the Jedi Temple, Imperial Square, the Senate, not to mention the opportunity to have an AOTC style air speeder sequence. The mid-levels could have you explore clubs (not the uninteresting and generic cantinas of the previous two games), shopping districts (imagine having a fight in the middle of a Coruscanti mall complete with actual reactions from the crowd. It's funny how the general public in the other games didn't blink an eye to firefights. o_O), and various other portions of the city neither the movies nor the games ever get into. Then the lower levels could have you meeting with various crime syndicates and maybe the occasional fallen jedi.

Since Coruscant would only be one of, at most, three worlds, the maps for each of the levels could be much larger, actually giving the game a broader scope. Another world I'd like to see is Corellia. That planet has just as much potential, but in a much different way. Corellia isn't a city-planet like Coruscant, but it's not exactly the bare-bones worlds along the lines of Kashyyyk or Manaan either. Two major things you could do here is go undercover with a CorSec agent (who becomes an NPC) and learn to fly your own ship with the best pilots in the galaxy ;).... which gives me another idea. I would like to see a couple more worlds, especially if you'll be flying. So, how about making KOTOR 3 two discs? Have two worlds with extensive maps per disc perhaps? Alderaan and Bothawui would be interesting to see, but, as many people have said before, please stay the frell away from Tatooine!!!! :p

Finally, I'd like the game to be more epic, not only in exploration but in the story as well. The first two stories had you explore one aspect, albeit a significant aspect, of the overall issue: the conflict with the Sith. I'd rather this game take place right in the thick of things instead of on the fringes. I've said this before, and a lot of people responded that such scope has already been covered in other Star Wars games. The thing is though, most of those games, unfortunately, never reached the kind of depth of story and character that the KOTOR series has captured so well. If that aspect were merged with the epic stories of those other games, I think that it would really seem fresh rather than a retread of something that's been done before.

Then there are a few minor things I'd like to see like a more detailed character creation system and different lightsabre hilts, but this post is already long enough as it is... :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

7. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    I'd rather the game have you explore 2 or 3 worlds more extensively.

I disagree vehemently.

I think the amount of time we've been spending on each planet has been absolutely perfect. It's always right around the time that I get restless of a planet that the end of my mission on that planet is near.

I know that the time we spent on Taris was enough to make an impact when the planet was destroyed. All the people you met, helped, spoke to---dead.

I do agree, however, that it would be cool to see Coruscant in the game. It's almost a must-see. Another planet I'd love to see is Correlia, simply because it's one of those talked about planets we never see.

8. LordSinestro

LordSinestro Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    I would have to agree with you. After too long, I want to leave the planet and find something new to do. I would really like to see an early Dagobah and have KOTOR 3 have something to do with a certain cave that was explored in Episode 5 by Luke.

9. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    How about having the environment affect your characters more. Like go to Hoth (just for example) and HAVE to put on a warm coat/ armor or something so you don't freeze.

10. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    Or have a new force power that surrounds you and maybe your party so that you don't need that coat or armor. Then have more then one planet affect you in that way so that it is not a one-time-use force power.

11. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    In one of the Jedi Quest books (the one with the nest of Gundarks), Anakin and Obi-Wan use a sort of "force trance" to keep from getting cold on the planet they're on. This could be turned into a power that protects against cold damage for a duration.

12. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    figuring out that Mandalore was Canderous.

...WHAT?! i didn't see this when i played thru...
    with the big planets thing. i like it AND don't like it. i have always wanted to be able to explore the planets more extensively, but i also don't like staying in the same enviroment all the time. but as for size, the next one will most likely (for those xbox users) on xbox 2. much bigger, and for PC, you can have like 5 disks or something. but i want something where you are travelling the wilderness, without a set path, just a wide expanse of trees that you walk through or something. but at the same time of wanting bigger planets, i would perfer having MORE planets. it would be fun having 10-15 planets to go through.

13. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    ...WHAT?! i didn't see this when i played thru...
    Wow...just...wow. I didn't think it could get any more obvious, even from BEFORE I PUT THE DISK IN THE XBOX. I read the manual and checked the voice credits. Same actor, same tribe -- same character. Duh.

14. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I didn't even do that, I just heard his voice and heard him say "For clan Ordo!", I knew it was Canderous

15. Republic_Solder

Republic_Solder Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    in KOTOR 3 i really want more sith. planets i want in kotor 3 Onderon,Corusacant,Mon Calamari, and i really want to see a sith capital planet where the sith gov is and stuff like that.

16. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    i wasnt really thinking about it

17. TheDarkLordRevan

TheDarkLordRevan Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    I want to both the Exile and Revan.I want the graphics to be better.Also,some new and old party members;you should be albe to pick which ones you want though.No more being stuck with annoying characters like carth!!

18. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    have these posts been located somewhere else? no one has been here a while

19. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    dunno if this has been posted before, but i found this on starwarsknights.com

The net has been full of speculations about a KotOR III ever since this story about lay-offs at LucasArts hit the web.

Now the Hedgehog, one of the webs most famous names when it comes to industry rumours has a reported a juicy bit about a possible sequel:

"Obsidian?s New Baby Jedi??
    George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I?d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!".

Our take: Looking at both the critical and finacial success that the KotOR-series so far was for LucasArts, I guess we all can agree that a part III is a no-brainer. And with BioWare busily working away on their own IPs, Obsidian is the most likely developer.

i knew they would make a third one, its only logical that they tidy up the universe with a grande finalle

20. Fallen_Jedi21

Jun 22, 2004
    I've finished part 3 of my version of KOTOR III, but I'm awaiting confirmation from The2ndQuest that I'm allowed to post it, because one of the planets is in ROTS.

21. Fallen_Jedi21

Jun 22, 2004
    Sorry about the double post.

Part 3:

HK-47: What would KOTOR be without our favorite homicidal ?protocol droid?? A mixture of the HK-47 quests from the previous games. You find HK?s memory in the recesses of T3?s core after you first jump to hyperspace (a precautionary measure set by Revan/Exile, in case anything happened to their favorite assassin droid (For the purposes of this idea, his body was destroyed during the crash on Malachor). This causes some trouble, as they must now share a body, and HK tends to be the dominant personality, leading to some ?complications? while trying to complete the main quest. At this point you have four choices: ?Killing? the HK-47 personality within T3 (lightside), ?Killing? the T3 personality (darkside), letting them both share T3, or building (yes that?s right, building) a new body for HK. The first three are pretty straightforward, but the third one is more interesting. Instead of just buying droid equipment at shops, you can now buy actual parts. It?s possible to buy fully completed droids for HK to reside in, but they are usually pretty useless (they can be upgraded, though). You would need at least a ?head? and chassis to complete him. Many types of droids would be available. Think Droidworks (a lucasarts game) to the max.

The Planets/ subplots: Since KOTOR II?s planets were torn by war, I thought it would be neat to have more peaceful planets featured, since Jedi libraries are stored there. Needless to say, It looks like the peace gets disturbed on these otherwise tranquil worlds?

Malachor/Coruscant: Depending on where you start, you venture to either Malachor V or Coruscant. This involves infiltrating either Trayus Academy or the Jedi Temple. You get a chance to join the place you infiltrate (resulting in lightside/darkside points), but if you don?t want to, you take a hostage and escape. If you try to escape, you learn that the student was captured as a spy and willingly joins you. If you join, the student befriends you and joins

Alderaan: The Exchange has set up a high tech weapons plant on the planet Alderaan. It?s your job to either join the Organa family in shutting the plant down (lightside), or help The Exchange to keep it running. Whoever you help out shows you Atris? library in thanks (The Exchange finds it during the fight, and the Organas are already aware of it?s existence). The plant is in actuality, the HK-50 factory mentioned in the second game, and in a sidequest as the rebuilt and refurbished HK-47, you get to go in and wreak havoc (this is done after finding the Alderaan library). You get to take a fully built HK-50 body to put HK-47?s memory into after you leave the planet. You also gain a new party member in an Alderaanian diplomat or Exchange negotiator, depending on who you help.

Naboo: A civil war between the Naboo and the Gungans has erupted. You may help either of them, but neither choice has a light or dark side penalty. The points you get depend on whether you choose to continue the war, or strive for peace. You gain a new party member on Naboo, either a Gungan captain, or a Naboo Lieutenant (second in command of security). The library is at the Gungan sacred place, and if you do Naboo/Conquest, it gets captured in the battle, and you visit it. If you do Naboo/peace, Gungan/Peace, or Gungan/Conquest, you get shown it as a reward of sorts for your help.

This next planet has Revenge of the Sith spoilers in it, so if you don?t want to be spoiled, don?t highlight it. You?ve been warned.

Polis Massa/Fourth Moon: Czerka Corp is attempting to kill two birds with one stone. After the Peragus incident, a new source of fuel is needed for the galaxy. Enter Polis Massa. Like Peragus, Polis Massa is rich in fuel. Not only that, but the fourth moon is one of the Galaxy?s top medical centers. Capitalizing on this, Czerka wants to take control of both industries. You can help either the Polis Massans or Czerka Corp. After you find the li

22. MandalorianOfHonor

MandalorianOfHonor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    What I think happens in KOTOR 3 is your a apprentice of Revan. Which can explain why he went out there, maybe this apprentice is the strongest force user he's seen yet and brought him to the outter rim for training to leave all the conflict behind. On returning from the outter rim with Revan he sends you on a mission. For some reason or another its still alittle early on your training and still need to learn much of the force, and its sort of a final trial from Revan so you still haven't made a lightsaber.

Anyways that explains one part. Now depending how you talk to a NPC, character, or whether is just a choice in the beginning effects the whole story. In the Beginning like in the second one you choose now both Revan's and the Exile's enlignment towards the force, either they are light or dark or maybe both if they can fit it into the story. But through out the game your trying to solve the puzzle and make your way through the force as good or evil.

In the end whoever was dark from the beginning turns out to be the main bad guy and you and the other (Revan or Exile) have to face him. Ofcourse you'd face him alone so there has to be a number of reason for the other character disappears whether from death or another reason. If you chose that they are both dark side characters then its another Sith civil war in the end and have to fight both or join one of them if your a darksider. Light side for both I don't know how that would work, maybe a character whos acting as a new apprentice to one of them just becomes the main boss.

Anyways this gives the possiblity for about 6 endings, one of the characters (revan or exile) who is an ally at the end dies and then goes with dark side or light side ending involving one of those two and shows a funeral for him and gives a sad scene.

The two characters are with you on the same side. For light side just give a celebration at the end, or if both are darkside one main power of the Sith is left and takes the galaxy (either Revan or the Exile) and you stand as the apprentice of him.

Plain light side ending, character you work with doesn't die you are honored as a hero of the Jedi and shows celebration across the galaxy, darkside ending shows you unite both Sith armies from the civil war and conquer the galaxy alone after killing the charcter if he didn't die (dark side ending can work out as both charcters are not the same alignment you set in the begining and you just betray whoever was with you in the end).

23. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2004
    What I thought of yesterday was the following: I'd like to have more influence on my environment with the Force, i.e. using the Force to throw boxes and stones at opponents as well as using the Force to open doors (breaking through). Furthermore, I never understood why a jedi would kill all the wild creatures - it always seemed more jedi-like to use the Force to calm them down (without losing the wxp, of course). All in all, I'd say give us more Force powers to influence our environment.

LL :)

24. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    I agree with LL. I'd like to use force push/whirlwind/wave to hurl stones at foes and using that power to "trip" the door controls from the inside. Also, the powers of affect mind for more conversation options or the mind trick power could be used to make a foe attack his allies giving you a forth member of your party for that particular skirmish.

I type too fast. Fourth member of your party.

25. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    Legendary Kenobi,
    I never read those books, but that sounds just like what I was thinking about. Force powers are cool in a fight, but they can be applied to other aspects of your quest as well IMOP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.