main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I just saw at GameBanshee that there are reports that KOTORIII is in the works at Obsidian. Here are the specifics.

The folks at GameDreamz are reporting that a third Knights of the Old Republic title may be under development by Obsidian Entertainment. Since nothing official has been announced, however, it should not be considered fact just yet. Here are the few details they speculate on:

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I?d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!

I don't mind the video. Let's just hope they place the same emphasis on quality and storyline with this sequel that they did on the first game.

2. R41s7

R41s7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    I think you should be able to actually be the guy in the sith warship that everyone's afraid of. I say, if you kill someone like Darth Nihilus, you should be able to take over his ship and be that badass that no one wants to mess with. It would make my inner nerd giggle.

3. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    i agree with ^, i think it would be the kool BIG hero or villain that everyone comes to for help. and you cant influence your environment in a turn based game. throwing rocks and stuff like that wouldn't fit, and i am sure people already thought of it.

4. DarfTater

DarfTater Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    Lightsabers should have the same effect as in the movie. One hit=mostly dead.

Story-wise, maybe we get KotOR III - with some story relating Revan to somebody in the future. Then, with that booming sucess, we evolve the story line (no Revan)

Knight of the Republic I:
    Fight as a Jedi before the Clone Wars (Phantom Menace Era)

Knights of the Republic II:
    Fight as a Jedi during the clone wars, carrying with you a SpecOps band of troopers. Coming right before the Jedi Purge.

Knights of the Republic III:
    Jedi Purge. Basically fighting for survival. No other Jedi in your party. Help form the Rebel Alliance.

Knights of the New Republic:
    Master Skywalker has set up the Jedi Temple on Yavin 4: but sinister forces known only as the reborn threaten it's existence...

Knights of the New Republic II:
    The New Republic is threatining the Jedi. Nom Anor plants seeds of disarray leading up to the biggest game yet:

The New Jedi Order:
    Special Edition. Fight through the battles outlined in NJO books.

I dunno, that would be cool.

5. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    mabey the new badass sith will be a sith who eats jedis souls(or mabey eats jedi).

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Lightsabers should have the same effect as in the movie. One hit=mostly dead.

Yeah, that would make for a great gameplay experience. [face_plain]

7. Joking_Around

Joking_Around Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    not eat them but uses them to powerup maybe

8. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Better Game Instructions! :p

All of your ideas are great!

9. Joking_Around

Joking_Around Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    or a dark jedi that uses some power to bind jedi souls and use them to power weapons/shields/ships etc...

10. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    or a dark jedi that uses some power to bind jedi souls and use them to power weapons/shields/ships etc...

That's pretty much just the Star Forge.

11. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    DarfTater, the purpose in these games is to outline the past of star wars, not follow the stories that have already been made...also, it has been said that there may be 3 more movies for after 4,5,6 that DO NOT follow the books at all. dunno why...

12. mach3415

mach3415 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    All of these ideas are really cool, and i'd like to add a few elements to the mix

1. More ambiguous responses where the outcome is unknown, such as "Kreia, you're past redemption" vs. "Kreia, I'll protect you to try to redeem you", as opposed to "I'll save your daughter" or "I'll kill you and your whole family."

2. NPC reaction to character, much like in Fable. Imagine being a Sith Lord, walking into a cantina, dropping your hood, and inciting a panic. NPC's running for the door. Or vice versa, making thugs or officers turn tail and run against your Light sider.

3. Definite continuity, even if it means having a screen before the prologue where you pick how KOTOR I and II ended (Male Light, Female Dark, for example)and a screen asking who you trained as Jedi, how far romances got, etc. That would make flow much better, and allow for many more playthroughs. I only say this because on my first time through KOTOR II, Revan was referred to both as a man and a woman multiple times.

4. Wrap up of the stories of the members of the party and, again, continuity with them (Bastila was killed in KOTOR I if you played Light, but Mission, Zaalbaar, Juhani, and Jolee were if you were Dark). I believe a huge final battle with all of them against the last holdout of True Sith would be in order. Imagine, you finally reunite Revan, the Exile, and your PC, along with the party members (Bastila, HK, Canderous/Mandalore, Hanhaar, Visas, Atton, and any new dark siders or Carth, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, Atton, Handmaiden/Disciple, T3, Visas, and any new light siders) charging into a final battle.

That's all I have for now, and please comment on what you think

13. CaptainKatarn

CaptainKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Has anyone hear ever palyed Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, or Jedi Academy. Well when you kill a certain or important bad guy, i.e a Sith warrior, or just some commander or Dark Lord, then they should have the 'slow motion kill' effect.

14. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    No, just people with lightsabers.

15. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They used the Boss Slomo thing to a great effect in Kingdom Hearts.

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    *) Though the game seemed to steer me into a love affair with Mira, I didn't want that since she was a snobby you-know-what. I was far more interested in the Handmaiden as a girlfriend or whatever, but they only hinted that she was attracted to me. The relationship never developed that way. I did, however, get it on with Visas.

You can have a romance with Mira?!

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Bastila was killed in KOTOR I if you played Light

Wha? Bastila didn't die when I played...

18. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Then you tried too hard. You have the option of killing her on the Star Forge.

19. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    I didn't kill her either, she just started using Battle Meditation after I brought her back to the good side.

20. CaptainKatarn

CaptainKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    Same here for me.

21. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    u can kill her if u r good or bad, it gives you the choice to

22. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    KOTOR 3 will hopefully have Revan appear only briefly at the end where he either sacrifices his life or becomes the final boss.

23. plo_koom

Nov 26, 2002
    So if you may or may not have killed her, why do you meet her when you defeat the sith crusier in KOTOR II?

24. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    It might be too troublesome...but I'd like to see a KotOR adventure surrounding the "prophecy" of the one that will bring the force back into balance. Perhaps the protagonist could be present when the prophecy is uttered and have some adventures wrapped up in the prophecy and it's portent for the galaxy.

It might be cool to just meet an ancestor of Anakin Skywalker and in the game...just in passing or something.

25. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    The prophecy's older than the Republic itself. That can't happen in K3. References can be made to it, though, and it can be expounded upon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.