main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The thing about KOTOR II was that it is supposed to be the middle act of a trilogy. KOTOR III would be the final chapter of it if LucasArts finally gets it going.

2. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    What is up with Lucas Arts and trilogies?! It will be so hard for them to make KOTOR 3, with the fact that there are way to many decisions you make in 1 and 2

3. LordSinestro

LordSinestro Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    KOTOR quote from EGM magazine:

EGM: We understand you can't talk about sequels yet, but you can you at least acknowledge that KOTOR is a trilogy, in true Star Wars tradition?

MG(Mike Gallo, LucasArts Producer): Well, Knights of the Old Republic, we obviously view that as a franchise going forward for LucasArts. But beyond KOTOR 2 right now, we really haven't discussed much or finalized anything. But like I said, it is a franchise that we definitely want to build, and I think KOTOR 2 is a big part of launching that franchise -- you can't have a franchise with just one title.

I know that is not a definate answer, but it looks like part 3 is still a possibility. This could be considered......a new hope.

4. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Bring back the RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM!!! I hated having to run back and forth all the time. It wasnt as bad as the last game but it was still pretty annoying. You know how many times I fell asleep because I was so bored with running back and forth!? I also would like to see them continue the current story. As long as it answers some of the questions left after KOTOR 2
    Also they really need to test out these games a little more talk about BUGY!! Nothing like having you PC start walking only to have them blink out and fast forward to the other side of a room! As long as the game stays pretty much the way it is it will be fine with me. I only noticed little things that needed work.
    One big problem I had was that the game was way to short I mean really only 3 world to explore. The first KOTOR took me weeks to get through. This one took like 2 days. Maybe its just me but this version all though very good seemed rushed.

5. CaptainKatarn

CaptainKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    I think that before you play they should give u questions. E.g., in Kotor did u kill Bastila or not. If yes, then Bastila wll not be in the game, and visa versa. Or, if in 1 game u meet up with Revan, a question might say, was Revan good or bad, and/or what did he/she look like? You know...don't u?

6. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    3 Worlds? Peragus, Telos, Dxun, Onderon, Korriban, Dantooine, Nar Shaada

7. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Jango10

I counted Peragas and Telos as one. Also DUXUN and Onderon as 1 as well. I was trying to make a point that the worlds seemed smaller than the first game. Not that there were only 3 worlds. Maybe I should have been more clear about that.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'd love to see even more force powers, like maybe some limited flight, levitation, using the envirment to force throw items at opponents, and what not. I would also like them to continue the series with 6 games, ala the movie series. Each one building upon the other with more and more about the sith and the war against the jedi. I mean, try to go over the top in a way that the movie trilogy could never do. Just a thought though.

9. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    it just wouldn't work

10. Far_Side

Far_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2003
    No, six is excessive for a single story arc.

A third could finish off the shadow sith storyline, then it could go off and explore different time periods (Knights of the Galactic Republic? Knights of the New Republic? Knights of the New Jedi Order? Hey, I can hope, can't I?)

11. srsizzy

srsizzy Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    would galactic republic be really far off?

12. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    possible kotor 2 spoliers.......

alright, well i think, since Kreia ends up telling the exile that he should go help Revan fight the true evil, the third game, you should be either Revan or the exile teamed up with the other one, fighting in the unknown regions

13. kidxv

kidxv Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    What I 'know' about KotOR 3. Please note that I use the word 'know' in the sense of things peiced together from various sources, both "official" and not.

The series is based on Reven. Past and present, regardless of your choices in the two games. At the end of 2, Kreia tells you Reven went beyond the outer rim for whatever reason(varying with alignment) and that the Exile is going to go there too, for whatever reason.
    KotOR 3 is most likely assumed to take place there considering 2's story revolving on Reven's going out there already, and now the Exile is going there too. So far this has been the most accepted possibility, leading to the questions of who would be the 'main character'. There's good arguements for playing as Reven or the Exile again, possibly both in a form of split story with Exile looking for Reven, and what Reven's been doing up until the two would meet up.
    Another question to pop up is that if you end up playing as one or the other, will the one that isn't the 'main character', have a set look, voice, ect., or if it will be set up before the game starts: Reven's gender, look and class, as well as the Exile's.
    I've seen a few rare posts about making a new character to the series. Since in 2, you found the 'lost jedi' that would train the new generation of non-arrogant jedi that are more involved in the Republic itself, instead of a seperated entity. The 'new' character would be one of the first of new jedi.

I saw a few times people have wanted to nix the Ebon Hawk, but just from playing the games it is pretty set in stone that the Ebon Hawk is this series version of the Falcon(aside from any coincidental undertones of both being named as birds). It would be hard to remove the Falcon from the movies(4,5,6), and as such would be just as hard with the Hawk, if for no other reason then simplicity sake.

I guess that's all I 'know' at the moment. Again, keep in mind that this is all peiced together from many different sources and it's impossible to know anything for certain unless you're working on the game yourself. There has been a few posts from people at Obsidian that mention that 3 was/is "Well into development at the time of (kotOR 2's) release." So I'm sure there will be more accurate info to pop up soon enough.

14. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    well im pretty obcessed with KOTOR 1 and 2 though Kotor 2 s ending really dissappointed me and they better step it up for # 3....any way do you think the third one will get you to the first movie i was wondering but i didnt read any of the posts yet this caught my eye because i was wodering if that eould happen before the second one came out
    ~Darth CETS~
    (Though thats not my user name i like that name)

15. Az_Lionheart

Az_Lionheart Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    i also feel thatn you should start of with a new character as if you are revan of the exile then you would be stupidly strong.

on the characters looks side of things if you meet revan she could wear her mask(save chosing the face from kotor1) however the exile could not.....therefore i feel that there may be a chance of the exile dying.
    (i hope that makes sence)

this could lead to your character who is set to find the exile.....meets up with revan and a few more peeps......Revan dies and somehow passes on a bit of the force to your charatcer......become a jedi........save the galaxy...lol

(wow that looks confusing, i hope you understand...!)

16. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
    (Star Wars Theme)

The New Threat
    8 Years have passed since the end of the Jedi civil war and Revans dissapearence, the Jedi once thought to have been wiped out, have sloley started to remerge the council on Courecent has been repopulated with members such as Atris and Vandar (I think that is the little Yoda Dudes Name), Bastila Shan has yet to return to the order however her sighting on courescant has given another ray of hope to the order.

Meanwhile The republic fleet has been going from victory to victory in their quest to vanquish the last of the sith warlords, however one battle fleet formed a particulary sucessful defence of their base, Yavin 4.

First Scene
    The council room is silent, you see a panning of that thousnd founins thing, then in the centre is a Jedi, just some random guy, somone on the council says:
    You must go and craft your weapon now, the complete the trials and your training will be complete."
    His reply is simply
    "masters"
    Then in walks Bastila flanked by Carth and Misson followed by Zaalbar
    "Master Vandar, Master Atris, (lists all the rest of the masters names), I have some interesting news for you, we have a sighting of Revan, he/she is accompioned by another, the Exile. He was sighted on YAvin 4 approximatly 3 weeks ago."
    "If what you say is true Bastila, this must mean one of two things, either our order is doomed or our order will florish again.

Game begins, Tutorial Level:
    The Before mentioned Jedi is your character, he carries only a vibroblade(note that no other weapons may be carried at this time) it gives you a basic battle, against a guy in a pub who won't sell you a power core, and later after going through all the basic stages, an unwinable battle against a certain mandalorian bounty hunter (raising the 'is that Boba Fett' question', which obviously it isn't) then a Dark Jedi, in very Revan esque robes, beheads your character. but is chased away by Bastila.

Caracter creation,
    This is a bit different to normal,
    firstly because its not the first thing you do.
    Then you choose your species, each have subtle flaws and strengths, wookies for example dont get the clothes but get stat upgrades more often.
    Next you do your stats no surprises there
    Next you choose your class no changes
    Feats just the same, sept you can have lightsaber proficency straight away (no other Jedi specific though).
    Finally no force powers yet

Scene 2
    The first time you see your character is walking through the streets, then you witness the beheading, you swoop in to find only robes and a lightsabre, you pick it up and walk off, from in the shadows Bastila speaks
    "The force is strong in that One"

Gawd Damn Mods, would it really kill you to let me off i'm New
    I already told you. There Is An Existing KOTOR 3 Speculation Thread. Use it.

17. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Yes and deal with it...

18. TheDarkLordRevan

TheDarkLordRevan Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    I want Malak, Nihilus, Visas, Atton, Bastila, Jolee, Juhani, Mira, Handmaiden,and Disciple to come back.

19. Mandalorian-Guy

Mandalorian-Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    I want to know why Revan cut Canerous down & left him for dead, personally.

20. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    He didn't literally wound Mandalore, it was a figure of speech.

21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That's also a Darkside situation I believe. On the Lightside I believe he tells the PC that Revan told him to rebuild the Mandalorians as a defence against the Sith.

My ideas:

PC: Exile

Party Members:

Bastila
    Jolee
    A Falleen
    A bothan
    HK(with Remote, and HK-51's)
    T3

Non Party Members:

Mandalore
    Carth
    Admiral Dodonna
    Cassus Fett
    Calo Nord
    Force Ghost Kreia

Planets:

Coruscant
    Mandalore
    Alderaan
    Hapes
    Manaan or Unknown World
    True Sith HW
    Ithor
    New planet

New Species:

Falleen
    Bothan
    Lepi(Jaxxon)
    Morgukai
    Iridorian unmasked

22. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I read in my March 05 issue of game informer the following?

Notes on KOTOR III

Obsidion did pretty well taking over for BioWare in KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, and it's got more up it's sleeve for the third installment. A source tells us that the game is going to reveal more about the HK series of droids, including where they are from and who makes them. Also planed is an exploration of the Outer Rim territories following in Reven's footsteps.

I got this in the "Loose Talk" section.

BTW, if this is old news, don't kil me. :p

Evil.

23. Joking_Around

Joking_Around Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    How bout kreai/nihilus/sion come back as ghosts...at very least sion should come back as something wierd and kreia should come back as some manipulative plotting ghost or something to watch her freat students continued story. IONO about nihilus...he was kinda a lame addition in Kotor 2 as he was a wanna be Malak.

24. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Nihilus coming back would probably not work very well. IMO he was done horribly in KotOR II; there was no development at all, and no real evidence of his power (you only hear about him destroying Katarr, you see nothing that suggests he is uber-powerful, in fact he goes down like a pansy in the game). Sion was slightly better, but still not too well developed. I'd prefer all new villains in the third one. I didn't like the idea of Revan as a bad guy/girl before, but the more I think of it the more I like it. He goes out to find the True Sith, and instead of being destroyed by them, he takes them over and becomes even more powerful. (Eh I know it sounds lame but I want some closure on Revan, dammit)

25. Darth_Mikkon

Darth_Mikkon Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    I've beat KotOR 2 twice now, once as a Sith and once as a Jedi.
    Some things I'd like to see in the new game (PLEASE LET THEM MAKE IT!)
    1. More planet-hopping like in part 1. I missed the multi-world missions in part 2 like working for the exchange and such. But they can scrap the annoying and pointless random space battles...waste of load time.
    2. New characters who actually react to your alignment. They tried to do it in part 2 but didn't do it very well; they still followed you. I'd like to see some "Forget you, I'm leaving" and have extra characters in the game to compensate for losing your party members.
    3. A much longer game. This is a long game already but they can make it longer, I think. This would also allow for more Epic Level feats, not just one like Force Crush or Force Enlightenment.
    4. Multiple Darkside and Lightside endings, according to the different paths you choose during the game. Even though you've done a million different things in the first two, you still end up with only one outcome for either dark or light side.
    Thats it for now...think I'm gonna play again as a fallen Jedi...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.