main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Different endings are in the second game.

Party-member leaving would be very hard to do, as you would have to add much more characters and dialog to an already very large game.

2. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    I keep hearing about Darth Nuilluis being a lame or weak character... that there was no stoy or development. There wasnt supposed to be. What he is in this game is a representation of what the darkside is.
    He is sooo consumed with it that he is no longer human but pure darkside. While Atris is the other way, so lightside that she went crazy. Those characters are supposed to be that way if you listin to what Kreia says in the game she explains it. I know that since its NOT UP IN YOUR face most people dont get it. They are the story of what can happen if you are to much one way. Its hard to explain but like I said just pay attention to what Kriea who is a GREY jedi in the beginning is trying to tell you. Sion was her student so of course he is gonna be more of a prevelent character. This game isnt about Nuilluis as its more about Kriea and what she is trying to do. Notice that she sets up the other lords?? She is the deciver (sp).
    Also Nuilluis was easy to beat BECUASE you had 2 other people with you.... notice Sion and Kreia were harder....BY YOUR SELF???

Second I was reading these ideas and they all have merrit but alot of people are talking about bringing people back who are supposed to be DEAD.... strange.
    I get the Force Spirt thing but come on how many spirits do you need running around?

Here is an idea start a NEW PC have them start off being the one sent to go look for REVAN & the EXLIE. Who have gone missing after so many years. Traviling to worlds they were at looking for them... after that its up in the air. Maybe Revan and the Exile went on to become part of the "new threat". How bad would that be to have to fight Revan and the Exile.... thats sounds more fun to me that playing the same characters over again.

3. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
    (Star Wars Theme)

The New Threat
    8 Years have passed since the end of the Jedi civil war and Revans dissapearence, the Jedi once thought to have been wiped out, have sloley started to remerge the council on Courecent has been repopulated with members such as Atris and Vandar (I think that is the little Yoda Dudes Name), Bastila Shan has yet to return to the order however her sighting on courescant has given another ray of hope to the order.

Meanwhile The republic fleet has been going from victory to victory in their quest to vanquish the last of the sith warlords, however one battle fleet formed a particulary sucessful defence of their base, Yavin 4.

First Scene
    The council room is silent, you see a panning of that thousnd founins thing, then in the centre is a Jedi, just some random guy, somone on the council says:
    You must go and craft your weapon now, the complete the trials and your training will be complete."
    His reply is simply
    "masters"
    Then in walks Bastila flanked by Carth and Misson followed by Zaalbar
    "Master Vandar, Master Atris, (lists all the rest of the masters names), I have some interesting news for you, we have a sighting of Revan, he/she is accompioned by another, the Exile. He was sighted on YAvin 4 approximatly 3 weeks ago."
    "If what you say is true Bastila, this must mean one of two things, either our order is doomed or our order will florish again.

Game begins, Tutorial Level:
    The Before mentioned Jedi is your character, he carries only a vibroblade(note that no other weapons may be carried at this time) it gives you a basic battle, against a guy in a pub who won't sell you a power core, and later after going through all the basic stages, an unwinable battle against a certain mandalorian bounty hunter (raising the 'is that Boba Fett' question', which obviously it isn't) then a Dark Jedi, in very Revan esque robes, beheads your character. but is chased away by Bastila.

Caracter creation,
    This is a bit different to normal,
    firstly because its not the first thing you do.
    Then you choose your species, each have subtle flaws and strengths, wookies for example dont get the clothes but get stat upgrades more often.
    Next you do your stats no surprises there
    Next you choose your class no changes
    Feats just the same, sept you can have lightsaber proficency straight away (no other Jedi specific though).
    Finally no force powers yet

Scene 2
    The first time you see your character is walking through the streets, then you witness the beheading, you swoop in to find only robes and a lightsabre, you pick it up and walk off, from in the shadows Bastila speaks
    "The force is strong in that One"

You set off walking towards the Jedi Temple, of course exploring courescant and picking up spontaneus missions, however as you approach the Jedi Temple, you get attacked by the DJ, it is weakened, (however much damage you did as the other guy), you must defeat it.

Scene 3
    You then drag the corpse into the Jedi Temple and throw it before the council. They discuss it and then ask you for the lightsaber, you choose to refuse you gain Dark Side points, if you ask why or, if you give it them, they discuss, you and agree that a jedi should accompiony you, if you are being hunted, they then hand you the lightsaber back.
    As you are walking out you here them discussing somthing slightly familier, Marka Ragnos

you watch your character walk into a room, and then stop abrubtly, they have walked into somthing, It turns around to reveail a green pig like face, and speaks your name in its language, you reply, hesetently, yes, it speaks in a rough basic, telling you its the jedi sent to accumpiony you, its name is Zuron. Of course if you refuse to hand over your lightsaber none of this hapens

4. LordSinestro

LordSinestro Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    I agree with Mayhem. I want all new characters with MAYBE a cameo from NPCs from the 2 previous games.
    How boring would it be to have the same people running around again. That is why I bought the first 2. I can now go back and be those characters anytime I want by inserting those disks. New game+new characters= new fun to be had.

I want to start as a force user WITH a lightsaber, new powers along with the best of the old powers and no cap on leveling up. I want a new ship to fly around in and plenty of good, bad and neutral choices to make.
    One last thing that I think would make for a more interesting game...a choice of species. I would like to play as a male Cathar or a female Hutt even. Just give me more options ala Jedi Academy.
    Anyone else???

5. silvanas

silvanas Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2005
    bastila and carth in the starting scene then the camera flicks to mission and zaalbar then to canderus and a few mandlorians then to juhani and jolee and then t3 and hk-47 on the ebon hawk
    all of them are talking and neer the end of the conversationn flicks to the next
    that would be such a cool starting scene

6. Mandalorian-Guy

Mandalorian-Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    Well, I don't think Atris could be involved in the return of the Order. As I recall, the option is given to kill her near the end of II.

I think #III should require a brief summary of what your Revan was in #I, a brief explanation of what happened to Bastilla in your game (that is, after all, up to you/Revan), and a brief summary of what your Exile was in #II. Before you actually start the game.
    From there, I think Revan, the Exile, and the maybe Bastilla should be people that can be added to your team but are not the primary character. And maybe they have to leave the group for a while on occasion.

I'm not too sure about the idea of multiple race choices. I really think that would probably make the game a bit too complex.

7. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I wouldn't mind playing as Revan again. I especially love the idea of maybe splitting between two PCs for the first half to 3/4s of the game, one as Revan and the other a new character searching for him/her and the Exile, and have both come together in the latter part. But that's wishful thinking and highly unlikely, so the most I can hope for is that the plot, at least, centers heavily around his/her "vacation" to the Outer Rim and the search for the real Sith Empire.

Since the ending of TSL basically had the same outcome Light or Dark, it doesn't seem like it would have as much bearing on a third game, as the first had on the second. Either way, it seems the Exile's fate is to follow Revan's footsteps. It would be cool if they could incorporate your PC faces from the previous games.

New force powers would rock. As would cameos from both games. I'd be happiest if they could combine the more in-depth NPC interaction and NPC side quests in the first game with the whole Influence thing in the second. With the exception of Kreia, I didn't feel like I really got to know the new characters all that well. For example, Nar Shadaa was the first planet I went to after Telos, so the story arc with Atton ended pretty early in the game for me. Considering I was playing as a female and him being one of your romantic interests, it felt a bit.. stunted.

And because I'm a total sucker for the schmoopy, they'd better not leave us hanging with the Revan/Carth, Revan/Bastila romances. Especially with their appearances in TSL. I demand closure! :p

8. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    "I'm not too sure about the idea of multiple race choices. I really think that would probably make the game a bit too complex."
    Mandalorian Guy, what do you mean? How would it be too complex? In the story or the gameplay or how? I'm not bustin' your chops, just want some clarification.

9. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Ok here is my take on it:
    1. choice: Choose between playing either as the exile or Revan (and for people who have not played I or II, you get a in-depth discription on the characters)
    2. choice: male or female, guardian, sentinel, consular (and of course to make it interesting, if you are a male revan you face a female exile and vise versa)
    Now I must add that I dont really want any of the old team members as choices, at least not at first. Since Revan went alone and Kreia tells us that if the Exile you follow Revan's path you must leave your freinds and loved ones behind. The next thing I thought would be interesting is that you (Revan or the Exile)start gray sided and if you turn to the dark side and pursue its path the antagonist (Revan or the Exile)is lightsided and vise-versa.
    I dont mind starting at level 1 at all either, but what I would simply hate is playing another new character. That would be awful!!! And the team should certainly be smaller and you should be able to choose if someone follows you or not. Like I tried desperately to get that handmaiden to leave but it was not an option. At least give me the option of killing her!!!
    I want the game to play completely in the Outer Rim as well. I want it to be tragic and I (omg how I despised the lightside ending in kotor 1, Mission or Juhani did NOT deserve that medal, I never played them) want to have a smaller team. maybe one of each class. A soldier, a smuggler, a scout, a sentinel, a guardian, and me (I always play as consular, but if you play as sentinel or guardian the team members change there type).
    Well and don't take away the ebon hawk. I love the lil freighter the the people who graced its metal floor make it very great indeed. And it gets us from A-B anyhow.
    Now for the beginning of the story, If you play Revan you are in the outer rim betrayed by your jealous sith allies and the exile who had arrived some time before and usurped the mantle of dark lord. You have to escape on the ship he came in on (the Ebon Hawk of course and he came alone so no one is there... except t3 and hk 47 of course).
    You return to the republic to save it again... or help it for a while and then destroy it after defeating the exile (dark, light).
    If you play the exile you also begin in the outer rim amongst the sith where Revan forces you to leave because you are to powerful. You leave on the Ebon Hawk and return to the republic t fight Revan going for usurping him/her and taking over the sith or saving the republic.

10. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    In reply to what mayhem0420 said:

Nihilus was indeed meant to show what going too far down the dark path could do to you. But he really didn't show it well at all. The only thing we hear about his power is that he killed a world. We see no demonstrations of it, and we see no reason to be afraid of him, other than this one thing that happens offscreen. We hear nothing about his past, except that he was at Malachor and he was one of Traya's apprentices (which is also true of Sion, but at least Sion is developed a bit more). And finally, when you DO fight him, as the game has been leading up to, is it at all climactic? No. This "world-destroyer" goes down like a punk. I don't care if you had three people in your party; this guy destroyed an ENTIRE WORLD of Force-sensitive aliens, not to mention a gathering of Jedi. That battle should have been HARD; instead, I killed him by putting him in a stasis field. Come on.

And Atris wasn't an example of what happened when you went too far to the Lightside. She fell. She used Dark side powers that she learned about from Sith holocrons, and they made her go quietly insane.

But I do agree with you that it would probably be more fun to play an all new character, and maybe have to face either Revan or the Exile, or both, in battle. The droids and the Ebon Hawk would obviously make a return (they're supposed to be the constants of the franchise, much like the droids and the Falcon in the OT), and probably Manderous as well, but aside from those, it would be all new party members, with party members from the previous two games showing up as NPCs or in cutscenes. For planets, I hope it is mostly in the Unknown Regions, and planets that we've either never heard of before or are very obscure (and how bout Mandalore? :D wishful thinking I know).

11. GodlikeEnigma

Feb 20, 2005
    (Star Wars Theme)

The New Threat
    8 Years have passed since the end of the Jedi civil war and Revans dissapearence, the Jedi once thought to have been wiped out, have sloley started to remerge the council on Courecent has been repopulated with members such as Atris and Vandar (I think that is the little Yoda Dudes Name), Bastila Shan has yet to return to the order however her sighting on courescant has given another ray of hope to the order.

Meanwhile The republic fleet has been going from victory to victory in their quest to vanquish the last of the sith warlords, however one battle fleet formed a particulary sucessful defence of their base, Yavin 4.

First Scene
    The council room is silent, you see a panning of that thousnd founins thing, then in the centre is a Jedi, just some random guy, somone on the council says:
    You must go and craft your weapon now, the complete the trials and your training will be complete."
    His reply is simply
    "masters"
    "Master Vandar, Master Atris, (lists all the rest of the masters names), I have some interesting news for you, we have a sighting of Revan, he/she is accompioned by another, the Exile. He was sighted on YAvin 4 approximatly 3 weeks ago."
    "If what you say is true Bastila, this must mean one of two things, either our order is doomed or our order will florish again.

The Before mentioned Jedi is your character, he carries only a vibroblade(note that no other weapons may be carried at this time) it gives you a basic battle, against a guy in a pub who won't sell you a power core, and later after going through all the basic stages, an unwinable battle against a certain mandalorian bounty hunter (raising the 'is that Boba Fett' question', which obviously it isn't) then a Dark Jedi, in very Revan esque robes, beheads your character. but is chased away by Bastila.

Caracter creation,
    Then you choose your species, each have subtle flaws and strengths, wookies for example dont get the clothes but get stat upgrades more often.
    Feats just the same, sept you can have lightsaber proficency straight away (no other Jedi specific though).

Scene 2
    The first time you see your character is walking through the streets, then you witness the beheading, you swoop in to find only robes and a lightsabre, you pick it up and walk off, from in the shadows Bastila speaks
    "The force is strong in that One"

You set off walking towards the Jedi Temple, of course exploring courescant and picking up spontaneus missions, however as you approach the Jedi Temple, you get attacked by the DJ, it is weakened, (however much damage you did as the other guy), you must defeat it.

Scene 3
    You then drag the corpse into the Jedi Temple and throw it before the council. They discuss it and then ask you for the lightsaber, you choose to refuse you gain Dark Side points, if you ask why or, if you give it them, they discuss, you and agree that a jedi should accompiony you, if you are being hunted, they then hand you the lightsaber back.
    As you are walking out you here them discussing somthing slightly familier, Marka Ragnos

you watch your character walk into a room, and then stop abrubtly, they have walked into somthing, It turns around to reveail a green pig like face, and speaks your name in its language, you reply, hesetently, yes, it speaks in a rough basic, telling you its the jedi sent to accumpiony you, its name is Zuron. Of course if you refuse to hand over your lightsaber none of this hapens

yoU once again get free run of courecant, to do missons which have been given. Their is a underground arena in the cantina (approx 20 opponents), It is v.difficult to beat all of them without leaving the

12. Mandalorian-Guy

Mandalorian-Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    imperial_dork said:
    I especially love the idea...
    Actually, I think you've got something there. I think that would be a good story frame for III or III and IV.
    Well, We'll just have to wait and see.

LordSinestro:
    I meant it would give way too many permutations to the "equation". Spiecies, gender, class, allignment... Let's look at it with human, cathar, iridonian, and wookie for possible PC species.
    With 4 possible species, 2 genders, 6 classes (wookies probably wouldn't be able to be Jedi), there are 48 immediate possibilities for the PC. Double that with allignment and you get 96! This would probably make the programming far to complicated to be practicable - though I'll readily admit some ignorance from not being a programmer.

concerning Darth Nihilus:
    He was all promise and no delivery. When I first got ready to fight him I was worried, but I was laughing afterward because he was pathetic.

13. Pr3DaToR

Pr3DaToR Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2005
    What could you want but a continuation of the plot.
    Like the idea of a black lightsaber, literaly a 'no light saber?' and speaking of lightsabers how about making something out of em instead of just higher attack roll. Theres quite alot of text on some of the melee weapons on how their coated with a substance so they can parry with lightsabers, good, so all the bad guys can get chopped to pieces (where are the flying body parts?) if they havent got something to defend with! could also let you use more characters at once, kotor2 left me with little choice but to use certain characters time and time again in order to open up dialog options.

14. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    MandalorianGuy, I admit I'm not a programmer either. I have no idea how difficult it would be to add species choices, but after 2 KOTORs as a human, it would be cool to change it up a bit. I thought it was the coolest change to the norm when Jedi Academy did it. It had more than just gender, and alignment(along with species), it also gave choices of clothing color,clothing options and even went into lightsaber hilts and blade color. Actually, that is a good comparison right there. If JA can do it, why not KOTOR 3??

15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Because JA is a shooter and KOTOR a role-playing game.

It is pretty easy to let the player decide the looks, if it has no influence on game-play whatsoever. Not to forget that these kind of games use totally different engines.

I do think that human-like aliens would be doable though...
    A wookiee wouldn't work, because every person you meet has to understand you and there are hardly any people who would be able to do so.

16. LordSinestro

Jan 5, 2005
    Okay, I understand the whole shooter vs RPG, but that doesn't answer why it would be so difficult to add another species choice. You can get around the language barrier with a convienient "universal translator" attached to your throat or as a force power to "make people understand you".
    My question is why would it be too difficult to make these additional species as character choices?

Mods: If this is too off-topic, please redirect me.

Again, this is not to bust anyone's chops. I think this would make KOTOR 3 more enjoyable. I've played the other 2 games quite a few times over, and adding non-human choices to my main character would be a fresh replay marketing value. How many times have you played KOTOR 2 just to be a sith lord or jedi weapons master? Adding a new species would make the same scenes less repetative IMOP. I know I'm not alone in thinking this. Anyone else???.......*crickets chirping*

17. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Unless it actually markedly changed the plot, I couldn't care less really. I didn't play through JA again just to be a Kel Dor, and I wouldn't do it with KOTOR just to be a Wookiee. Different classes is what makes it more interesting for me.

18. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    I think if they were to make a new knights of the old republic they should include
    .Diffrent lightsaber colours eg black ,silver ,white
    .Choice of species
    .Your own unique allies instead of pre-made ones
    .Able to rob shops
    .Arena fighting like the one in the first game
    .Being able to steal ships and speeders
    .BRING BACK THE RANGORS INSTEAD OF THOSE BOMA BEASTS!!
    .New types of lightsaber like a whip, num chucks, axe
    .Player starts of with force powers
    .Better bad guys cause darth nihils and sion didnt have much of a storey behind make the bad guy like darth malack.

19. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    I'd love a new KOTOR, but maybe they should make a Knights of the New Republic as well. I also like the idea of choosing your species, it would be nice to have a game were you must go find new Padawans.

20. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Lightsaber customizationwould be an excellent feature to add, as would custom hair and face jobs. White & black as lightsaber colors would be nice too. Maybe the major chunk of the story should be that you choose what Revan did in KOTOR & what the exile did in The Sith Lords, like if you choose what probably happened that Revan saved the Republic and the Exile saved the Jedi, maybe you could have Bao-Dur, Atton, Mira, Brianna(Handmaiden) or Disciple as memebers of the council giving you a mission seeing how if you were a Jedi as the Exile they all got trained.

For the Sith, maybe you could fight the Exile at the end of the game, due to him being the Dark Lord of the Sith after killing Kreia, kill him/her and his/her apprenitce and become the Dark Lord yourself.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    @DarthWraith06

Some of your points were already in KOTOR II (lightsaber colours and having force powers in the beginning) while others simply aren't possible.

There is no way that LucasArts would allow the lightsabers to be butchered like this (whip, axe), it is Star Wars after all.
    Making your own party-members is impossible as well, as they need a back story, dialog and a casted voice.
    Maybe they could include some more npcs you can choose from (like 10-15), but anything that goes beyond that is simply not doable.

22. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    There won't be one. They butchered KOTOR II.

It's really a tragedy

23. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    There is no way that LucasArts would allow the lightsabers to be butchered like this (whip, axe), it is Star Wars after all.

Butchered? They already have lightwhips, lightaxes, and lightknives. See the NJO and the Jedi VS Sith comic.

To paraphrase Matt Stover, I suggest that you discard your presumptions of what Star Wars should be, and pay attention to what it actually is.

There won't be one. They butchered KOTOR II.

Not according to the sales figures.

24. Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2005
    I understand why everyone wants to be able to have characters like revan and the exile to return in a third instalment. After playing both games and controlling their actions and development I feel a connection to both of them. But I'm afraid that anything more then small cameo appearances would be impractical. Unless they were able to scan previous saved games and import the characters, and even then most people save multiple times with different characters so that may also be impossible. Still I hope they find a way.

25. GodlikeEnigma

Feb 20, 2005
    (Star Wars Theme)

The New Threat

First Scene
    His reply is simply
    "masters"

(Notes on Lightsaber Creation:
    Your Lightsaber at theis moment in time cannot have any 'upgrade crystals' nor can it be double bladed, however you get a choice of three focusing crystals, these must be won in arena battles (ie against the Close Combat opponent you get a crystal suited to offensivnes, against the shooty enemy you get a defensive crystal and against the average, can do both you get a average crystal), you only get 1 power core for this lightsaber (you can create more as you get the parts), and have any colour (silver, Yellow, Orange, Red, Magenta, Purple, Cyan, Blue, Lime Green and Green, NO WHITE OR BLACK)
    You can also choose your hilt this is given to you by the Jedi Council, this like the colour has no actual effetct on the game, but it has certain purposes (shutting up moaners who say they don't have enough options)
    Also every Lightsaber or weapon you create you must name.)

Caracter creation,
    (Notes on Force Powers: New Force Powers have been added (too many to list) however you will not have free choice, for a start you must be a certain degree to either light or dark side to use certain powers (Force Storm for example) also more powers which arn't used in battle only are added (Think Mind Domination types) of the new powers, some are incredeably destructive to parts of the enviroment (Force Flame)
    Also Force pOSSESS would be a darkside power which lets you control v.weak willed opponents like a party member(grunt soldiers And little beastie types)).

Scene 2
    The first time you see your character is walking through the streets, then you witness the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.