KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWraith06 Jedi Master

star 2
    Heres what I think the story line for kotor3 should be.

Your character was once a sith lord but your apprentice attacked you, and your to point of near death when a fellow sith lord comes and saves you. He takes you to his ship and tells you that when you were in your sleep your apprentice put poison in your drink so that you would become weak enough to strike down. The rest of game is about gettin revenege and helpin your sith allie (darth singe) wipe out the jedi and the risein threat of the mandelorians. One the you find a jedi knight that wants to redeem you if you can join him and go towards the lightside or can beat then make him join your quest to opliterate the jedi.
  2. DarthWraith06 Jedi Master

star 2
    Heres what I think the story line for kotor3 should be.

Your character was once a sith lord but your apprentice attacked you, and your to point of near death when a fellow sith lord comes and saves you. He takes you to his ship and tells you that when you were in your sleep your apprentice put poison in your drink so that you would become weak enough to strike down. The rest of game is about gettin revenege and helpin your sith allie (darth singe) wipe out the jedi and the risein threat of the mandelorians. the you find a jedi knight that wants to redeem you if you can join him and go towards the lightside or can beat then make him join your quest to opliterate the jedi.
  3. Jedi-Sith Jedi Master

star 3
    Things for KOTOR3

* New character, chases Exile and Revan into Unknown Regions

* New character needs to have a history with Exile and Revan from Mandalorian Wars or Jedi Civil War whatever.

* During character creation, make it that you must create what Exile and Revan looked like (and were called)

* Use computer programming that I know DOES exist to allow the voices to pronounce the name you gave the Exile, your new character and Revan's identity after the mind wipe

* Lightsaber colors simply: Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Violet Silver Gold

* Customise facial features, hair ect.

* Customise lightsaber hilt

* Other forms of light weapons - lightwhips etc. (THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!)

* Hooded Jedi robes!!!! To get past people in crowds put up your hood!!!!

* All NPC's on your team new characters except for T3 and HK, and keep the Ebon Hawk.

* Have cameos of every other character, even if its just to resolve there story and let it be known what happened to them in the end. I wanna know what happened to Mission and Zaalbar (did anyone see her armband in KOTOR2, was cool) I wanna find out if Juhani and Jolee were on Katarr or not...

* In the last level have your three party members storming the base/palace/station/whatever for the big bad guy as you, Revan and the Exile, having Revan and the Exile at high levels automatically to join you in the last attack, leaving your other characters to do other missions to help in the final battle.

* Make influence a lot easier. It was a great idea but its so damn complicated.

* Make a level for every character (including the characters that aren't on your team from the previous games) just so you get to at least use everyone, and have these levels give bonus influence just to help in that area

* Don't rush and cut out so much like the HK factory etc....

* More romantic resolution. KOTOR was great in that aspect although really only if you were male with Bastila, but KOTOR2 didn't really follow much on that, however the scene where you and Visas 'Let us look upon each other' sounded suspiciously like a sex scene to me lol

* Make the swoop races easier

* Have a nice complicated plot like KOTOR2, one of its advantages, but tie up all the loose ends this time.

* Give some romantic storylines between the NPC's.... such as I'm sure Atton and Mira could have hooked up...

* No random items in shops, keep them constant, just keep small items like components, chemicals, parts, spikes etc random in containers and bodies.

* Have the bodies remains actually filled with stuff they actually used!!!!! If I kill a Sith Lord I expect to be able to get his Sith robes and red lightsaber from his remains and if I slice through a Mandalorian, if I don't get Mandalorian armor and blasters I will not be happy.

* More Sith, and explain once and for all the origins of the name DARTH

* Sith temples, Sith Warriors (lightsabers, not these punk assassins with staves) Sith everything!!!!

* Planets: Let's see Coruscant finally, even if its just the beginning. Mandalore is a must see as well, and then trek into the Unknown Regions and the Ancient Sith Empire so I guess Ziost is required and then a bunch of new planets.

Thats all I can think of for now

4. DarthWraith06 Jedi Master

star 2
    Mate I like your style!!!!!
  5. Shadow_of_Duurron Jedi Knight

star 1
    =D=

Outstanding list! That pretty much sums up what I'd like to see as well. It's really too bad that a lot of that stuff is simply not going to happen no matter how easy or practical it would be. Damn lazy developers!
  6. CaptainKatarn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Best list ever. Although what do you mean by rushing out the HK factory?
  7. Vader_Sanders Jedi Knight

star 2
    there are scenes in KOTOR 2 that they took out of the game, like supposedly, you got to the HK factory where the HK-50s are being made, and HK-47 gets his revenge

great list man, id like to see that stuff
  8. DarthWraith06 Jedi Master

star 2
    Man I wish they kept that scene in.
  9. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    There's no such planet as "Mandalore." The Mandalorian homeworld is Concord Dawn.
  10. The_Flargg Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let's see, for Knights III, this is what I would do:

The story: At the beginning of the game, you choose whether Reven and the Exile went light or dark. If one is dark and one is light, they opppose each other, and so do they if they are both dark. If they are both light, they oppose you if you are dark and the True Sith if you are light.

This would lead to building up for a giant confontation at the end of the game, where the factions would fight it out. You could ally with Revan, the Exile, or neither. Each would make a different ending. And you would have to be human, for such is the way of that Galaxy Far Far Away.
  11. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love to see a sith or jedi who can have limited flight capabilities. I mean, we can have a sith who suck a planet dry of the life, Revan commanded the star forge, exar kun can seperate his spirit from his body, Naga Sadow can destroy the con drift. A little flying wouldn't hurt.
  12. DarthWraith06 Jedi Master

star 2
    Heres my new kotor3 story:
    You are a sith apprentice that wants to destroy your master(darth hidious) you feel that your stronger than him and that he's not a true sith. Darth hidious is in meditation and he reads your mind. So he comes do you and force chokes the hell outta you tell your nearly dead but then the republic fires upon your ship and he flees. Your left stranded on a ship that's being bombarded then you find an escape pod and crash on tatoine. There you find your first allie,he's a force senstive sand person how wants to be taught by you in the ways of the sith so that he can avenge his tribes death that the jedi caused.

Thats my story for now.
  13. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Firstly, I'd love it to pick up right after The Sith Lords. It just sort of... ended, leaving many questions unanswered.

Second, custom lightsaber hilts. Like a curved lightsaber like Dooku's, for example.

Thirdly, have different saber moves for each form.

And lastly, Coruscant. All of the worlds so far have been in the middle of nowhere.
  14. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The story: At the beginning of the game, you choose whether Revan and the Exile went light or dark. If one is dark and one is light, they opppose each other, and so do they if they are both dark. If they are both light, they oppose you if you are dark and the True Sith if you are light.

That's the best damn idea I've heard in this whole thread.

I think the desire to see Coruscant is almost universal -- there's no way they won't include it in KOTOR 3, judging by the show of hands here.
  15. mayhem0420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    why do people want flying sithlords/jedi's???
    whats the big deal? this isnt superman... its frekin starwars.... did you ever hear or a flying jedi??
    mary poppens??? or what flying nuns??
  16. jed1ma573r Jedi Padawan

I agree with the lightsaber hilt thing. I wanna make my own. I also want to have a main character that has more hatred toward the villan like maybe he killed one of his friends or something. Also definitly a diff ship than the hawk. And more od getting to pick which characters depending on gender, alignment, and species if they make a species chooser that is. Basically everything everyone else said except the lightsaber color thing except the idea about mixxing certain crystals to get diff color results they should do that w/ crystal powers too.
  17. Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here my idea for a possible storyline:
    It's a couple of years after TSL and your character is a padawan of Bao-Dur (If you ask kreia what happens to him at the end of TSL she'll tell you that his path is unknown to her) and the whole beginning of the game has you as an adolescent, kind of like in fable. You go through a training stage after which he sends you out looking for the exile, by this time you have matured into adulthood he gives you the Ebon Hawk and briefly explains how he got it off the exile, instead of it just appearing out of nowhere like last time and you set off exploring different planets and meeting different people searching for clues as to the whereabouts of reven and the exile. After searching several worlds Coruscant being one of them you end up finding them and all the loose ends from the previous games are tied up. And to top things off there's a sith lord ruthlessly pursuing you trying to keep you from finding anything, and at the end you have some epic duel followed by a descent end clip.
  18. Lucky_Luke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Having played both games, I have to say it would be ridiculous to introduce yet another main character for KOTOR III. I think KOTOR II ended in a way which directly asks for a conclusion in part three, i.e. take the Exile to the Unknown regions, find Revan, battle the original Sith, end the Sith threat or become their leader.

Knowing that, originally, only the Exile was meant to survive Kotor II(Darth Sion:"She wants to break you"), and all of Kreias instruction was intented to help Revan and the Exile to fight the Sith in the Unknown Regions, it seems plausible that this should be the way to do it.

There would be no other questions of who died, who didn't because you won't meet any of the characters of part one, and all minor characters of part two are dead. The only valid questions are: Revan good or not and Exile good or not.

The question of being overpowered in part two would be invalid as well, because: (for those who played it) The Exile is only a child, toying with a lightsaber in comparison to the original Sith.

The beginning could be: Use HK and T3 to unlock the Navcomputer and follow Revan into the Unknown Regions. I hope Lucasarts accountants won't be messing up the third act as well.

LL :)

Edit: And don't make it another find-item-on-planet-chase, more like give me between 6 and 8 planets, but don't tell me what I have to do (nor where) besides finding Revan (the main goal).

Edit II:And what's all this gossip/hype about Coruscant? It won't be much different than Taris and Nar Shadaa - and ppl hated Taris.
  19. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Ah, but there's a difference between worlds like Taris and Nar Shaddaa and worlds like Coruscant, like maybe that the Jedi are friggin' based there, and so is the Galactic Senate. In addition, there are a lot more places to shop and buy whatever the hell you want on Coruscant. Oh, and did I mention the entertainment possibilities (restaurants, theme parks, arcades) in which mini-quests could be rooted?
  20. Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think they just need to make sure NOT to add worlds that have already been used in the other 2 games. When going through dantooine in the second game I didn't really had to bother exploring like the first one because I remembered were everything was. Maybe if they went to places like Ithor or Alteran instead of always being in the outer rim.
  21. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Now that's a great idea. I'd love to set foot on Alderaan, just once. That should definitely be one of the explored worlds. The upcoming Dark Nest trilogy by Troy Denning will have oodles of information about the Killiks -- this could be used as part of a planetary backstory.
  22. Jedi_Master_Jogum Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't know, but did anyone here play Chrono Cross for Playstation. Well, in that game there were like 80 different characters that could join your party and you had to play the game several times just to have said that you had every possible character in your party.

I think having 10 Non party characters is enough, however making more to choose from would be way cooler. Maybe if there were like 15-20 different characters that you could choose (depending on dialogue options, alignment, and order in which you do the worlds) would be most excellent. And maybe make all the characters more relevant. Who the hell even used GO-TO droid...I mean come on, HK-47 and T3-M3 is enough.

No more dantooine, no more outerrim, and no more new main characters. LEt us pick between Revan and Exile. That would give us 4 play through at least (Revan light/dark and exile light/dark). I also think having just the goal to either find revan or meet exile is way better than any hoaky "amnesia." And for the love of god could we please get our saber at the beginning.

Also, I think the more lightsaber colors the better because that is just awesome to have two silver lightsabers.
  23. alpha_red Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Yes, I've played Cross. I used up hundreds of hours of my life on it, as I did with Trigger. And I don't regret it one bit. I hang out around a few Chrono sites as well -- I'm working on a CT novella and an interim story ROM hack between CT and CC along with several others.

There were 44 different characters in the game, apart from Serge (and Lynx when you got his body). Somehow I don't think KOTOR 3 needs that many -- most of the characters in Cross didn't have a very well-developed backstory, or indeed anything that made you want to use them in gameplay. I mean, seriously -- Turnip? WTH was that? Somebody must have been REALLY stoned when they came up with him. Some of the characters that were made playable, such as Luccia, should have remained NPCs -- a maximum of 15-20 playable characters should have been the limit for Cross, because that's how many of them were truly relevant to the story in any major way. The rest should have either been NPCs or deleted altogether. Consider for a moment that Guile, the Shadow magician in Cross, was originally supposed to be Janus, the Magus from CT and quite possibly the only other game character with enough fangirls to stand toe-to-toe with Link in a pimping contest. As it stands, he isn't and has almost no backstory whatsoever -- this is a direct quote from Masato Kato, the creator of the series. I would have loved to know for certain what happened to Janus. He clearly didn't find Schala, but hell, he appears in Radical Dreamers, so there must be a way he can perfect a time travel spell, because he's an ass kicking warrior mage. But Mitsuda and Kato have returned to SE -- here's hoping we get a Chrono Break or something similar that ties up those loose ends.

As for K3, the original only had 9 other playable characters and the game got along fine with that. This time around they did 10 other PCs per game and it worked. It shouldn't go much beyond that.
  24. Jedi_Master_Jogum Jedi Master

star 2
    All I am saying is give us an option so we can choose who joins our party (we decide whether their story is relevent) instead the story forcing it upon us.

25. Lucky_Luke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Whereas I am generally for a more complex game, I don't think that more replay value is necessary. Hell, some gamers had problems with solving the clock/counterclock problem. Most will play each game once or twice. And the games are not designed for hardcore gamers going through 10x. And Taris was a planet-wide city as well, so I can definitely see the similarities with Coruscant. Furthermore, the franchise is situated in the Outer Rim, so it wouldn't be quite fitting to include the Core Worlds -if you appreciate a coherent storyline.

LL :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.