main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR 3 Speculation, hopes, discussion. *Contains Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Legendary_Kenobi, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Maybe KOTOR III should just be simple, go on a mission searching for new Jedi initiates, which leads you to finding Revan and the Exile...but who's to say that Revan isn't already dead, it might be true.

I like the idea of other NPC's hooking up with each other, that could lead to intersting storylines down the road.

Customized lightsaber hilts and Coruscant should be a must, as is learning what happened to all the other usable characters in both KOTOR I & II.

Maybe in searching you should also come across Atris in her exile if you chose the Exiles path as a Jedi.

Maybe at the end you could have the Exile and Revan rejoin the Order if the character, Revan and the Exile were Jedi's.

I also agree maybe we should learn were Darth came from, and maybe what it really means.

2. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    One thing that must be in KOTOR III

Coruscant Coruscant Coruscant Coruscant Coruscant

3. DarthWraith06

DarthWraith06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2005
    One definate thing that should be kotor3 is tatatoine.

4. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Atris will be back as a villain, of that I'm sure.

5. Lord-Revan

Lord-Revan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Super list Jedi-Sith. I totally agree. The random generated items was not too bad with some items, but maybe for KOTORIII have direct locations for the best robes, crystals...I mean, I still have not found some of the super robes listed in the KOTOR II strategy guide yet. And the best crystals in the game for a lightside jedi is randomly generated. As far as color crystals, I really like the Cyan crystal color. Maybe having No level caps either...

6. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Don't do a new character... plzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!! I will kill myself if I do. Ok so revan is sooo powerful... the exile can kill the force and is also sooo powerful and along comes a new character who is whatever and is also so powerful. No wait every single force sensitive has 20,000 midi chlorians and is ultimately powerful. Gimme a break I thought people like Revan or the exile where rare even amongst the jedi. And news-flash even if you spare Atris as the exile she died at least its implied when the doors fall shut on her meditation chambers. I want to play the Exile... plzzzzz bioware make it possible.

7. mayhem0420

mayhem0420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    I just want new characters. I DONT want to play the same people over an over. Makes the game broing and repetative. If I wanna use REVAN I'll play the original. Make the game based on the first 2 NOT copies of the first 2. Have diffrent places and diffrent characters. I just want them to make the dam game!!

8. GodlikeEnigma

GodlikeEnigma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    How about if the original sith killed revan and the exile!!!!! solve alot of problems eh!!!

Orignal sith wern't that powerful Ajunta Pall told us that!!!!!

I agree no more search for items!!!!!

And as for the fablesque idea great!!!!!!!!

9. DarthWraith06

Feb 26, 2005
    How could you bring back Atris when some people (like me) chose to kill her? Bring back revan!!!!!!! Man I luved playin him...0r her. Bring back tatooine,rattatack (the planet full of rangors) and plz plz get coruscant in the game!!!!

10. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Whether Atris lived or not would depend on whether the Exile was light or dark.

11. Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2005
    It could be possible for Atris to be a character in your party, only if you chose at the beginning that the exile was good. If he/she was evil Atris would be replaced with another character, similar to the Mira/Hanhar choice in KOTOR 2.

12. DarthWraith06

Feb 26, 2005
    How wants Visas in the new game? I know I do but something annoyed me about her she's to nice,aint a sith meant to a bad ass motho fo?

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think so.

First, she didn't choose to become a Sith, Nihilus broke her spirit and made her into one.
    Second, you beat her, her life belongs to you and you are her new master, she obeys you.
    If you are a lightsider and have enough influence with her, she will change her assignment, because of your "leadership" qualities.
    Kreia later describes how you influence your party members without them noticing it.

She isn't evil in the way other Sith became evil.

14. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Ok, a bit far-fetched, but here's an idea...

This game closes out the series. You go through Knights III playing half and half. You get to be BOTH the Exile and Revan. One of them is light and the other one is dark, or something like that. They both go on their quests and meet at the end of the game to decide the fate of the universe. Right? [face_thinking]

15. DarthWraith06

Feb 26, 2005
    Thats the best knights of the old republic 3 idea ive ever heard. Good one mate.

16. Darth_Ramsis

Darth_Ramsis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    After finishing SL, I was very disappointed in the ending to say the least, so I can only hope that Kotor III can redeem its predecessor (though I was very pleased when Vrook was toasted. Anyone else hate his guts?). I love the idea of custom lightsabers but what I miss from the first is that you get to be a 'normal' person for awhile, then you take the mantle of the Jedi. I also miss the interpersonal relationships that kotor I had and would like to see more of that in III. I definitely want to see Raven again. The Exile and no one slam me for this, is cannon fodder. The character lacked the complexity of Revan. The NPCs had more background and realism to them than the Exile. I think that is in part to the failure of the programmers and producers to finish SL. This is what i want to see in Kotor III.

customizable lightsabers
    a more realistic pc
    actual jedi training (may be even a master/padawan type thing)
    finishing the Revan Bastila/Carth love story
    the tying up of the many loose ends of SL
    Coruscant and the Jedi Temple
    a more complex cause/effect character influence system
    (ex. if you kill a person out of cold blood, not only are the npcs with you affected but also the ones aboard the ship and the others in the region you are in)
    a better lightside/darkside merit system
    a better leveling skills system
    no level cap

That is all i think of. :D
    actual jedi training (may be even a master/padawan type thing)
    finishing the Revan Bastila/Carth love story
    the tying up of the many loose ends of SL
    Coruscant and the Jedi Temple
    a more complex cause/effect character influence system
    (ex. if you kill a person out of cold blood, not only are the npcs with you affected but also the ones aboard the ship and the others in the region you are in)
    a better lightside/darkside merit system
    a better leveling skills system
    no level cap

That is all i think of. :D

17. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    My only change in basic design from the other two would be to have the game so you start with a lightsaber.

I don't buy a game about Jedi Knights to play the first 15 hours with a vibro blade.

18. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2004
    I strongly support the idea of a divided game. Revan and the Exile have both different agendas, so it seems plausible that you could determine the outcome of the series by playing both of them again, uniting them for the final showdown. Nevertheless, the Exile was contacted because Revan needed help, and the Exile was the first Jedi to be found by T3-M4.

A very good idea; one of the best ideas in K2 was having your party members doing quests independendly.

LL :)

19. LordSinestro

LordSinestro Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2005
    "This game closes out the series. You go through Knights III playing half and half. You get to be BOTH the Exile and Revan. One of them is light and the other one is dark, or something like that. They both go on their quests and meet at the end of the game to decide the fate of the universe."

That's a terrible idea. Like Mayhem and I have said....if I want to play as Revan or the Exile, I already have 2 games to choose from. Playing as those characters again would be boring and tedious.
    How do they start the game as those characters? Did they both miraculously lose their strength and have no powers? If they start at level 20 or 30, you are already too powerful for any "normal" jedi/dark jedi or sith that comes along( not to mention humans and aliens without force powers). How are you going to level up? That is why you don't play as Revan in KOTOR2. They would just mow over anyone in their way. That may be fun for a while, but where is the challenge? It's not like "the man" introduces Uber-powerful aliens to balance the equation, it's always been about the Jedi and Sith.
    A new character solves that issue. It makes it a fresh new adventure worthy of the $50 you throw down to play the game.

20. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Though I was very pleased when Vrook was toasted. Anyone else hate his guts?

Only...um...everyone. :p

21. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I wouldn't mind playing as one or the other again but it should be one or the other not both.

I actually hope III will have the cast from II so we can see the romance's develop more. OR if it is reven then Carth and or Bastila better get there somehow.

22. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Well, Kreia said that the cast from II were the lost Jedi. All they needed was the Exile to train them. They will likely comprise the new Jedi Council in III -- either the Handmaiden or the Disciple will take a place depending on the Exile's gender. Though I question the sanity of any Council with Atton on it. :p

Carth and Bastila, as classic characters, will also likely make it in, as will Canderous. I hope they get Jolee back as well. He deserves a seat on the Council if he didn't die at Katarr. Plus, I want to hear more old man stories!

23. Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2005
    One thing I hope they get rid of is the repetitive banter between the characters. If you've already used one of the possible answers when talking to a character it should be removed from the menu. Its not really important to the overall game, it just really irritated me.

24. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    either the Handmaiden or the Disciple will take a place depending on the Exile's gender.

Actually since they were both force sensitive you'd think at some point they both would become Jedi. Just for game play variety you get one or the other. Ideally they would both Join your cause. So in III I can see them easily having both there as full Jedi.

25. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    And news-flash even if you spare Atris as the exile she died at least its implied when the doors fall shut on her meditation chambers.

There are worse things than death?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.