main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends KOTOR: An unlikely heroine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan4687, Jul 18, 2010.

1. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    I don't know much about the KOTOR era, but this is a good story. Looking forward to your next update.

2. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    They certainly do! Sorry I didn't update it last week. I was up late studying Math.

3. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I was finally able to make this part! Hope you guys like it!

Part Eleven

The children continued to run and run, until exhastion forced them to stop. Neither Koi or Raven said a word.

They were still trying to catch her breath, when she spotted a blur of movement. What was that? She wondered. She stared hard at it. It was a very dark color, easy to see against the yellow sand. It was moving faster, and faster, and it seemed to be moving toward them.

Tham must be... Raven gasped loudly. The Dark Jedi! "Koi! We have to run!" "...Wha-why? I'm exhasted!" Suddenly, one of the Dark Jedi appeared several yards behind them, and ignited his lightsaber. "That's why!" Raven screamed.

The man leapt at them, and swung his lightsaber at Koi. He screamed, and ducked. It swept inches from his head, and the man spat in anger. Raven swung a kick to his side. The Dark Jedi nimbly dodged it, and returned her blow. She let out a gasp in pain, and seconds later, she was spiraling through the air!

She crashed straight into Koi, and let out a moan as they hit the ground. Koi jumped to his feet, and pulled Raven up.

"You pesky children!" The Dark Jedi hissed. He stretched a hand, and launched a barrage of lightning at them. Their attempt to dodge it did nothing, and, in seconds, they were screaming in pain.

I can't write anymore tonight. Sorry it's so short. I'll make sure the next part makes up. Bye!

4. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Sigh. No one commented on my story yet. There really arn't many KOTOR story readers. Oh, whatever. I really wanted to make up for that really short part, anyway.

Part Twelve

Raven was blinded with pain. It clouded her vision, and the world began to grow dark. Suddenly, she felt her body strike the ground, and she let out a gasp at the impact. She could hear Koi's moans beside her, and tried to look in his direction, but it was hopeless. She could barely see, and the little she could see was getting darker and darker. Through the black haze she could see a figure walking toward them.

The...the Dark Jedi... Raven thought, her mind fading.

The last thing she saw was a second figure racing across the sand toward the Dark Jedi. Then the darkness shrouding her vision was complete, and she could see no more...

The sound of voices awoke Raven. Her eyes slowly blinked open, to see herself in her bedroom. Koi, still unconcious, was resting in the bed beside her. She tried to sit up, but dull pain throbbed in her limbs, and she fell back in the bed.

"Don't try to move," a soft voice near her said. Raven looked around, and saw Nalana, seated by Koi's bed.

Why didn't I see her before? Raven wondered. Before she could even think of an answer, Nalana spoke again.

"You are still in shock from the blast of lightning you and Koi took. You shouldn't strain your muscles any further. It could cause permanent damage,"

Raven let her head land on the pillow, and asked, "What happened? The last thing I can remember is..." her voice faded. All she remebered was the pain...she shivered.

"Well..." Nalana slowly answered. "Bastilla and I hardly defeated the other Dark Jedi, when I could sense you were in danger. I pushed my Force Dash virtually to it's limit trying to get to you. It's amazing how you ran so far..." Nalana trailed off, and only a confused glance from Raven got her to continue.

"When I got there...the Dark Jedi was...you know..." Nalana closed her eyes, and even without the Force, Raven could sense she was uncomfortable.

" I fought off the Sith, but you were badly injured. That Sith lightning can kill-"

A small moan stopped her. She and Raven looked in unison, to see Koi stir. In that instant, Koi's mother walked in the room, worry clear on her face. Koi looked up at her, and smiled.

"Mom...don't worry...I'm ok..." he said softly. Maria rushed in the room, and held him in her arms. "A mother can never worry too much about her son," she whispered.

She's a lot like my...my mother...She was always worrying about me...

Raven felt a stab of pain at the thought of her mother. Trying to imagine her mother's pain at her daughter's sudden dissapearence...not knowing whether she was safe...or even alive...it was too much to bear...

"Raven...are you alright? What's wrong?" came Koi's mother's voice. Raven was jolted out of her mind, and saw everyone in the room looking at her. Raven almost gasped, realizing there were tears on her face. She quickly rubbed them away.

"I...I'm alright..." she said shakily. Nalana looked clearly unconvinced.

She opened her mouth to say somthing, when Bastilla appeared in the doorway. "I just spoke with Zorbon, and he agreed,"

Nalana smiled. "Good," Raven and Koi stared at Bastilla, and asked in unison. "Agreed to what?"

Ack! I think I wrote too much! Try to guess what Bastilla meant!

5. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    He agreed to free the kids in return for...?

I think that last bit is the best written part you've put out so far!

Don't let the lack of comments get you down. I'm still your loyal reader. I'm just traveling for a month or so, so my internet connection is sporadic. If I miss a few updates, I'll catch up.

Though, you may find that you will get more readers by making more friends here on the fanfiction part of the boards. Read and comment on other people's stories or go hang out in the social threads in the Fan Fiction Resource. Since you are an OC writer, you might like to join us in that thread.

*thumbs up* Keep up the good work! You have a flair for the exciting.

6. The_Nerfherder

Sep 19, 2010
    Sorry I missed your update! If you have a PM list, you might add me to it. :D Nice updates!

7. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Sorry I haven't been able to update this in so long. It's been tough to find the time. I'll try again next week.

8. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I finally have a little bit of time! Here's a new update!

Part Thirteen

Bastilla smiled at the children and said," He has agreed to let you go..." it sounded like she was going to say more, so Koi and Raven kept quiet.

"But the only problem is," Bastilla continued," Zorbon will only let you go if we get rid of those Dark Jedi following us,"

Nalana stared at Bastilla in dismay. "The two of us can hardly take down one, nevermind three!"

Bastilla glanced at the ground for a moment. "We have to do somthing..." She looked at Koi and Raven as she said, "Their lives are in danger as long as they stay here,"

"Excuse me, Master Jedi..." Koi suddenly spoke up. "Did Zorbon agree to free all of us?" Bastilla traded looks with Nalana. Raven knew the answer before Bastilla opened her mouth to speak.

Koi took a single look at Raven's sad face, and his face turned desprate as he turned to Bastilla. "She can come with us, can't she? She's the only family I have left! I...I can't lose her, too..."

"I gave him every reason I could think of, but he refused to free your mother," Bastilla said sadly , "I'm sorry, Koi,"

Koi stared at Bastilla, his mother, and back again. Maria's eyes filled with tears and she held her son tightly. She looked at Bastilla, an unspoken plea in her eyes. "Is there nothing you can do? I can't lose-" she suddenly stopped, and choked down a sob.

Koi glared at the ground, and growled, "I hate Zorbon. With all my heart. I wish he-" he paused for a moment, then continued,"I wish the Dark Jedi had killed him!

He looked at his mother, and immidiatley said,"I don't want to go. Not without my mother,"

Maria took her son's face in her hands. "No, Koi. you have to go. As long as you stay here, both you and Raven are in danger. As much as I hate the idea of you leaving, I hate the idea of you...dying..." she shuddered at the word,"...even more.,"

Koi's eyes went wide. "Tatooine is the only home we have now that Tar-" he froze mid-sentence.

I can't write anymore! I know it's small, but I'll try again on Thansksgiving break.

9. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    If Bastila can take on Revan in the middle of a space battle, I'm sure she and Nalana can handle two dark Jedi.

I'm seeing a lot of similarities between this and EI.

Keep up the good work!

10. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I must object, SoA. Bastilla was with four or five other Jedi when she was going to fight Darth Revan. Now she only has one person to help her, ans the odds are even. Nalana has recently began her Jedi training, so they have much against them.

11. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    AHH! No one has read this in so long! It will get locked at this rate!

12. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Fair enough. I wasn't sure exactly where you had placed this story in the kotor storyline.

I don't think topics get locked for at least a few months, but if it does, you can ask one of the friendly mods to unlock it. They're pretty cool.

13. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I am really glad to hear that, SoA! I finally had some time to try another part! I haven't been able to write anything in so long, and I have plenty of ideas! Hopefully, this should make up for my looong absence. Here goes!

Part Fourteen (I'l have to start using numbers sooner or later...)

Koi's eyes widened, and he covered his mouth. Raven stared at him in confusion. "Tar...?" she asked

Koi looked to his mother, and Maria gave him a swift, but reluctant nod. He closed his eyes tightly, and let out an unhappy sigh. "You don't have to say if you don't eant to," Nalana said gently.

Bastille spoke up. "I know it will be hard for you Koi...I know how difficult it is leaving a family member behind," His mother sighed unhappily. she murmured something Raven had to lean forward to catch. "It's as if I haven't lost enough already..."

After a few more hours, Raven and Koi were well enoug to walk around. Koi stayed inside, but Raven went outside with Nalana, and began shifting among the junk piles. "What are you looking for?" Nalana asked curiously. Raven kept searching, and did not answer. It was not until she held up the dirty, rusty shell of an old astromech droid when she responded,"This is what I needed,"

Nalana shsot her a bewildered look, and Raven quickly said, "I just need one more thing, and then I'll explain everything."

Raven continued looking among the piles of bits and pieces, until she pulled out the round shape of a thermal detontor. Nalana's eyes widened in surprise. Raven inspected the bomb, and saw there was a little bit of explosives still inside. "What exactly are you planning to do with that?" Nalana asked, eyeing the bomb warily.

Raven grinned mischievously. "This is a trick I invented to help with the Dark Jedi." she said, as she took the astromech droid's body and began dropping sand and stones in it. "They would chase Koi and me to this valley, and I'll throw the astromech at them. The friction of the stones and sand against the bomb will make it activate, and-ka-boom! The Dark Jedi are gone!"

Nalana placed a hand on her chin. "Very resourceful..." she murmured.

After explaining it to everyone else, both Bastilla and Koi's mother were impressed, but concerned. "You could get yourselves killed!" Maria cried out.
    " Without the astromech cover, the Dark Jedi would just Force-throw it back to us."Raven said. "With it, they will probably just slice it in half or something. Plus, even if he does, the heat would trigger it too. Master Nalana made the bomb heat-sensitive as well as pressure sensitive," Raven said, with a grateful glance at her.

The next day, Raven and Koi went back to the shipyard, where the Dark Jedi first attacked them. Nalana and Bastilla were there too, but they were hidden behind several wrecked ships. After about ten minutes, the two of them could feel a distinct chill in the air. No one around them seemed to be bothered as much. Koi suddenly grabbed at Raven's shoulder. "There they are," he whispered.

He was right. The two Dark Jedi were among the crowds, but it was harder to spot them because they wore dark brown cloaks, like many other people, and they were separated, which made it especially difficult to spot them in a crowd like this. But, once Raven caught a glimpse of their faces, she instantly knew they were the Dark Jedi. She got a little closer to one, and could see is lightsaber was cleanly hidden.

Suddenly, light sabers were whipped out, and Raven yelled, "RUN!" The two took off, weaving through the crowd as fast as they could. The Drak Jedi were galloping after them, swinging their sabers at anyone unable to get out of the way.

Raven could hardly feel her feet touch the ground as she and Koi raced across the sand. "We're almost there!" Koi gasped. Raven could not feel the least bit tired as they bolted toward the sand valley. Once there, Raven and Koi grabbed the astromech and hurled it as hard as they could at the Dark Jedi. The one in the lead slashed it in half, then was instantly consumed by a massive ball of flame. He flew into the air, and cras

14. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Raven had a pretty great idea there. I'm really glad it worked! Now they're leaving Tatooine?

15. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    OMG, SoA! 14 is the longest part I've written! As much as I like this story, I don't want you and other readers to have to press "next" five times to see the end! Could you let me know if my Parts get a bit too long?

Part Fifteen

It was hard to say goodbye to Tatooine. Raven had almost gotten used to the sand and heat. But it was especially hard for Koi to say goodbye to his mother. He let her go only when she said they would see each other again. It was too much for Raven to watch, so she walked with Nalana to their ship, the Ebon Hawk.

Raven was so transfixed by everything inside, Nalana practically had to push her to keep her moving! She was later introduced to everyone else aboard the ship. There was a blue, teenage Twi'lek named Mission , a towering Wookie named Zaalbar, a Mandalorian mercenary named Canderous, and the pilot, a Republic solider named Carth. They also had two droids- a T3-M4 astromech droid, and an HK-47 assassination droid.

Eventually, the ship lifted off. Koi stood at the window of the cockpit, staring down at the bright amber ball that was Tatooine. Raven stood at the door for a few minutes, but then he and Carth began talking, so with a small smile, she left. Raven had her own worries, and she had to speak to the Jedi. She couldn't find Nalana anywhere, but she did run into Bastilla. Raven had not spoken to her as much as she did Nalana, so she was a little worried as what to say. Instead, Bastilla spoke for her.

"Is there something you wanted to talk about?" she asked. Raven quickly nodded. "Master Bastilla...before you bring me to the Jedi...could I go home to Naboo? I...wanted to talk to my parents..." Bastilla said nothing, so Raven continued. "Peter and I vanished in the middle of the night! Our parents would be worried sick! I...I just want to let them know I'm okay, and... and that we're searching for Peter,"

Bastilla shot her a smile. "I can't keep a child away from her family..." she sighed. "But you should have told Carth this. I'm not the pilot."

"He was talking to Koi." Raven said. "He was so sad about leaving his mom, and I didn't want to disturb them." Once Bastlla spoke to Carth and Nalana about the new route, the ship was soon on a path to Naboo. They reached the planet in about an hour, but for Raven, time stopped. She was so excited about seeing her parents again! But the excitement instantly vanished as soon as she stepped off the ship...

I have to go now. I'm just glad this Part isn't a mile long like before!

16. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    That wasn't long at all. I've written 27-page chapters on a couple of occasions myself, so I'm perfectly happy to see nice meaty chapters from you!

I'm glad Raven is going to see her family, but it seems like something has gone wrong on Naboo. I can't wait for the next part!

17. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Well, I can't answer that, but this Part will clear things up very quickly. I can hardly imagine a 27-page story, but maybe if I keep going on this story, it may get that far! By the way, SoA, can you PM me a link to one of your stories? I'd like to see how you write.

Part Sixteen

The moment Raven's boots touched the ground of Naboo, the familiar chill struck her again. Nalana, Bastilla, and Koi seemed to be just as bothered. "What would Sith be doing here?" Koi asked, echoing Raven's thoughts. Suddenly, she slowed her run to her home to a trot, all senses alert. She was certain a Sith could jump out from any tree they walked past.

The chill grew stronger with every step they took, until Raven was visibly shivering. By the time they reached her house, Raven thought she would need a fire to feel warm. But the thought of seeing her parents again drowned out the chill, and she quickened her pace as she ran over to the porch steps. The moment she opened the door, she clamped her jaws shut, which prevented her from crying out in shock, but could only stand rigidly in the door frame.

There were dark blaster marks all around the walls, and as she looked around the wreckage, she could see what appeared to be several slices in the wall of her parent's bedroom. She shook with fear and shock combined as she continued to survey the damage. Things in every room were thrown all over, as though whoever had wrecked it were searching for something. She dropped to her knees, with tears in her eyes at the sight of her room. Everything that wasn't nailed to the floor was flung wildly around, and her bed sheets were torn and blackened with blaster marks. She reached to the floor and picked up a broken picture frame. In it was a picture of her family...she gazed at it, and suddenly saw it was wet. She quickly tried to brush her tears away, but was too late. Koi walked in, a horrified look on his face, which immediately turned to sympathy when he saw Raven.

She stared at the picture so hard, she didn't even notice Koi had walked in. After gazing at it for a few seconds, the color of it suddenly started to swirl. She almost gasped, but was unable to as she colors moved faster and faster and suddenly shot forward at her.

A loud scream made Raven open her eyes, and watched as she saw a group of men slinking in the shadows in front of her house. One of them kicked at the door, and it flew open.

The next things she could see were hazy and blurred, but she could faintly see her mother ducking and dodging the attacks of a brigt red blade, as it left deep cuts in the wall. The next think she could see was her father, cornered in her bedroom, while two men shot at him over and over. Then everything faded to white, and she could only listen. She could hear a cry of pain from her mother, and then a low moan. Moments after that she could hear a gasp from her father, and a scream that was cut off seconds after. The last things she could hear were men talking, as they seemed to be carrying something heavy...

"Raven!" a loud shout jolted Raven back to reality. Koi was beside her, his face thinly masking worry. "You were staring off into space!" he exclaimed. "You''re eyes looked really panicked, and you were breathing was really light," Raven was startled by the news. But, as she looked around the destruction that was her bedroom, she suddenly felt the strongest urge to leave the house, and to get away from this terrible sight.

She suddenly stood up. "I-I want to go outside..." she said, her voice higher then normal. "I...want to get out of here..." She left the room, walking at first but quickening her pace until she read out the door. She could not make herself stop, and continued on until she could not feel the chill anymore. She panted quietly and began thinking about what she had seen.

I have to go. It's getting really late. It took me sooo long just to get this blasted part right! To me it sounds kinda choppy, but feel free to say how you feel.

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Fantastic stuff so far, Padawan! :D

19. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone! This is my first part of the New Year!

Part Seventeen

Raven shivered as she thought of what she had seen. A group of people attacked her house, that she knew for sure...

But what about her parents? Their painful cries filled her head.

That Sith might have... She could not bear to even think the word, but she inwardly doubted it.As far as she knew, there was no bloodshed, but there was a lot of blasters fired. The fight must have been very long...otherwise, there would dnot have been so many marks on the walls. But...where...were her parents...?

Suddenly Peter's family came to mind. What about them? If I can't find my family, then I wonder if I can talk to Peter's. Maybe I can ask them what had happened. After all, Peter's house was only a block away from hers. She began the walk to Peter's house, to catch the same chill as her own. Raven had a feeling she knew what she would see. She quickened her pace, and ran to the door. She thrust it open, to see the same blackened walls as her own house.

She refused to stay there, and ran back to the ship, where Bastilla, Nalana, and Koi were all waiting for her. "What happened back there?" Nalana asked. "Koi told us you ran from the house!"

Raven shot him a mock glare, and sighed. "Something happened...I was holding a...a family...picture, and the colors began to swirl, and then I saw several people attacking the house...then...I heard...my parents...cry out. Then I just suddenly wanted to get out, like I didn't want to see the ...the destruction anymore,"

Bastilla nodded solemly. "It certainly wasn't a pleasant sight. I have to wonder, what would be the motive to do this? To a child?" Nalana shook her head, and sighed.
    "I...I checked out Peter's house," Raven murmured ,"and it was just as damaged as...as mine."

"I don't think we'll find anything else here..." Bastilla said slowly. Raven managed a nod. All she wanted was to get off of that planet.

What I say today...will haunt me...forever... Raven thought grimly.

I guess I was a little low on ideas today...I was hoping a better size, but I'll just have to wait for Writer's Block to lift.

20. The_Nerfherder

Sep 19, 2010
    I got rather far behind, I see. Begging many pardons, I haven't had much time for SW lately. Nice posts. :D

21. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Nice work! Part 16 is hands-down the best you've written so far. You slowed down and spent time on description and feelings, not just on action.

The Sith really are stepping things up. I wonder if they killed or captured her's and Peter's families. I see a quest coming.

22. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I am SOOO sorry I wasn't able to update this in so long! My math grades were not very good, and my dad wouldn't let me use the computer until they improved. luckily, they are better now, so I can finally continued this story!

Part Eighteen (I will start using numbers when I reach Part 20.)

As the Ebon Hawk lifted off from Naboo's surface, Raven was just as silent as Koi when they left Tatooine. She tried her hardest not to cry, but alone on her bunk, the tears fell quietly but freely. She could not stop them as they ran down her cheeks. The sound of footsteps made her instantly reach for her eyes, to cover her wet face.

She listened as someone slowly walked into the room, and sit down on the bunk beside her, and felt a comforting hand on hr shoulder. "You will be okay, Raven," A soothing voice said. "This won't stop you." She moved her arm cover only slightly to find herself looking into the blue-skinned face of a Twi'lek.

What was her name.......Mission.

She at last found her voice. "How...won't this...stop me...?" she managed to ask. "Idon't know if my parents are...are alive..."

"Because it hasn't stopped me." Mission quietly replied. At Raven's bewildered look, she continued. "I never even knew my parents. I was only...I think five when my brother and I left for Taris...that place I called home was destroyed in front of my eyes." There was a glassy sheen on Missions's eyes when she said that.

Raven slowly removed the rest of her arm cover, when Mission blinked in surprise. My eyes must be red... she though ruefully.

Mission continued either way. "I've... heard Bastilla talking about this..."Force Bond," thing, that forms between very good friends, Jedi Knights and their apprentices, kids and their parents, and..." she twisted her face in disgust as she said," and.....lovers." Raven just had to smile. She was just as disgusted at the thought of "love." She even hated seeing her parents kiss!

She then found herself wondering about the Force Bond. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, and answered from her heart. "No...I still believe they...are alive. I will always believe that..."

Mission smiled. "So...what's your story? If you don;t mind telling me," she added hastily. Raven mirrored her grin. "No, I don't mind. In fact...I think what I really needed...was to talk to someone."

The two found themselves talking until they arrived on Dantooine! Raven could not believe she had talked so much! But as she and Koi stood before the Jedi Council, Raven found her throat too tight to talk to anyone anymore!

I kinda need help! I wanted to go into Koi and Raven's Jedi training, but I need the names of the Jedi Council from Dantooine! Can someone please PM me the information or tell me where I can get it?

23. Shillani

Shillani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2011
    Good story so far! I'm eager to see how this will tie into the other events of KotOR 1, and how it may influence or be influenced by them. I hope you will spend some time on Raven and Koi's training, though I have a feeling that it may be interrupted by a visit from a certain Sith Lord...

Can you add me to the PM list, please?

24. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Sure, Shillani! It will take me a while to get this updated, though. Since I'll have to remember the Jedi Council's names and looks (probably not as bad)

I'll get it on as soon as I can!

25. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    I have all of the information I need about the Jedi Council for now, so I can get started.

Part Nineteen

Raven's throat was dry as she stood in front of the Dantooine Council. The looks of Jedi Masters Vrook Lamar, Zhar, Vandar Tokare, and Dorak were almost frightening. She stood high and tall, but she was shivering inwardly. Bastilla and Nalana were just behind them, explaining how they had come to find them.

The members listened, but then they wanted them to tell their stories! Koi gulped, and slowly spoke up. "I...I am from Telos...I had lived there until I was...about six or seven, but when the planet was bombed, my mother and I went to live on Tatooine. My father borrowed money from a Hutt there to help us, but he couldn't pay them back, so my mom and I were..." He stopped for a moment, then gulped again. "...we were sold...into slavery...to pay the debts..." He bowed his head, almost as though he was ashamed.

Raven had heard about the Telos attack, but she was only six when it happened. She tried to picture what the planet's surface was like, when one of the Jedi Masters called her name.

"Raven," Master Vandar said, turning his green eyes to her, "What about you? What is your history?"

I just talked to Mission for a whole hour, and now I have to tell it again? she thought, slightly annoyed. But she went on to speak of how she had come from Naboo, and how she and her friend were kidnapped, and continued, by explaining her time on Tatooine.

"That's when we first ran into the Jedi." she quietly finished. Master Dorak turned to Nalana and Bastilla. "When you last contacted us, two Dark Jedi were following you. What happened to them?"

Nalana smiled, and said, "Raven had the brilliant idea of using a thermal detonator, and hiding it in an astromech droid's shell. She and Koi threw it at them, and the bomb exploded. They weren't dead when we left Tatooine, but I do not think they will be a problem for a while, now."

Raven's face flushed at Nalana's singling her out. She wanted to glare at her, but she could scarcely do anything while in front of the four Jedi Masters. Mater Vrook began to speak.

"Bastilla, you had told us recently about a string of visions concerning three Jedi." he said. "You believe the children are part of it?"
    "Yes, Master Lamar." she said, "The visions slowly got clearer, I could at last see their faces. I am certain Koi and Raven are two of the Three."

Raven's head was whirring in confusion. Three? What Three? She remembered the Jedi talking about some group of three people, but-- this was too much for her to understand. She stole a glance at Koi. He appeared just as confused. Glancing out one of the windows, she saw a dark sky. She heard Koi fight to stifle a yawn. Nalana heard it. "Masters, the children are exhausted. We should let them rest."

Raven was still trying to understand what the Jedi Council members were saying as Bastilla led them to the sleeping quarters. "What Three were the council members talking about?" Koi asked. "What were Raven and I needed for? Why...?"

"Don't worry about all of this for tonight." she said softly as Raven and Koi climbed onto bunks. "Nalana and I will explain all of this in the morning."

Just like Koi, Raven's mind was fizzing with questions. But she could hardly get any out, because she was fast asleep.

=== I was thinking of making this a separate part, but I thought this one is kinda boring.[[Plus, I really wanted to get to their Jedi training. :) =====

It was late in the morning when Raven awoke. She rapidly looked around, but could not see Koi anywhere. I must have overslept!she thought. She scrambled up from the bunk, and froze. She didn't know her way around the building at all! She would easily get lost if she left on her own.

Right on que, the door opened, and Nalana poked her head inside. "Good, you're finally awake!" with a teasing glint in her eyes, she said, "If you can sleep that long, I hate to imagine what might have happened in the Council's chambers!"

"Hey!" Raven sa