main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends KOTOR: Broken Lights (5-30)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nightvision91, May 28, 2013.

1. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    Title: Broken Lights
    Author: Nightvision91
    Timeframe: 20 years after the events of KOTOR 2
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Characters: Chracters from both KOTOR games along with OC's
    Keywords: KOTOR
    Summary: Revan left the galaxy to search for a darkness that would some day destroy all he held dear. The Exile followed Revan to fight alongside as she once did. Years have passed as the galaxy has lived in a time of peace. However the children of Revan are about to embark on a journey that will bring them to a path that their father hoped to protect them from....

Prologue –

Darkness. That was what the young man saw in all directions. Not a single thing could be made out all around him. Try as he might there was nothing he could do to see the figures he knew were watching him. It had been as before whenever he would have this nightmare. He stood alone in the center of what he did not know. Yet he could feel that he was being watched all around him. At first when the nightmare had started he did not notice the figures. As a child he was mostly frightened of the endless darkness that seemed to taunt him. Now as he took a deep breath he was also aware of the shadows that had silently kept their attention on him. He would try to move, but he found that he was stuck in place. No chains held him, or any device he was aware of. No sound came from his mouth as he tried to speak words. Instead utter silence was all that prevailed. However this time the nightmare seemed to go on longer that it usually did. It was around the time that he noticed the shadows that he would wake up in a cold sweat. Yet now it seemed he could begin to hear the slight whispers coming from all around him.
    “Heed the tide….”
    “All shall be cleansed….”
    “The heir shall reclaim the throne..”
    “The true will take what is theirs……”
    “So it has been seen…..”

2. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Broken Lights-

Compliant, complaint, argument, protest, complaint; it seemed like when they placed him as head of the Telos restoration project they were just trying to test his patience with all these "ideas" and "improvements" people were suggesting. As an Admiral he should have been handling things that at least kept him awake longer than five minutes. Even after 25 years Telos was still not fully recovered. In fact some on the project argued that the efforts seemed to be going backwards. Despite the best efforts of the Ithorians and others, restoring a planet from a delta base zero still seemed too many: an impossible dream. There had been some rumors about some pulling out of the project, but so far it had remained a silent option. But Carth Onasi: veteran of the Mandalorain Wars, right hand man of the redeemed Revan, and worst chef the Ebon Hawk has ever seen was not going to give up on his home planet.

Things seemed much simpler all those years ago. Be a hero of the Republic, become the best friend of a smuggler, escape burning planet with said smuggler and watch him become a Jedi, get dragged off on a quest to find pieces of an ancient map, and then learn your best friend is the former Dark Lord of the Sith after hunting down your lifelong nemesis. Follow that up with a suicide mission to destroy, as Mission put it "The Factory Of EVIL" and save your best friend's girlfriend from a jawless psychopath; and in the process find the son you've been searching for almost becoming a Sith Apprentice.

All that seemed so long ago and so simple as most problems back then could be solved by a few blaster shots or Revan's leadership and charisma. Now, Revan and Bastila were somewhere in the Unknown Regions, and it was considered a crime to shoot someone for constantly complaining about the turbolift music. It was days like his he missed Mission's childish teasing and Canderous being a jerk to everyone but Revan. He would give anything to be back on that ship with those people, off saving the galaxy and helping people along the way.
    "That's useless thinking," he told himself.

He made a promise to his friends to watch over the Republic. A promise to also keep an eye on their children. To be a father figure that they would not have while they were gone. Bastilla had shed tears when she pushed for Carth to make this smile. He waited for the day they would return with their story of adventure, and they would all celebrate. As another argument broke out between the Ithorians, and a member of the botany project as a small message appeared on Carth’s screen. It was a low priority, but it was enough to make him sit up.

“I’ll have to take my leave everyone.” Carth stated getting to his feet. Not many paid him attention as he had long ago stopped being involved with the pointless discussions. All he did most meetings was remind them what their entire end goal was. To return Telos to the world he still held in his heart. Citadel Station was still where everything was happening from Czerka still trying to get a foothold despite rumors of impending bankruptcy, to the Exchange still leading the criminal element in the galaxy holding stake and holding interest in the rebuilding of the planet basically from the ground up. Carth made his way to his office with his usual pace as he sat down at his console.

“This is Admiral Onasi.” Carth said as a holographic image of Admiral Deliah Leon appeared a few feet away from him. As usual the head of the Republic Fleet seemed completely professional as she nodded at Carth. “I’m hoping this is news that a massive Sith fleet has come out of hyperspace, and I am needed to save the galaxy Admiral.” Carth joked with a slight feeling of hope behind his voice. Deliah gave a small grin as she merely shook her head.

“If that were the case Onasi I am sure you would be the first to know.” She replied as Carth watched the traffic on the station for a few seconds. He made a mental note to tell TSF to be more on top of those Rodians who kept crashing their ships lately. “Sadly this will probably be more of an insult asking this of you.”
    “You know I’m always ready to take an assignment away from the station.” Carth replied not hiding his emotion this time. His eyes fell upon his ship The Pride of Telos as it remained in orbit around the planet. It almost seemed like a decoration from not having gone anywhere in the past few months.

“I assumed as much which is why I brought this to you.” Deliah commented as she spoke to someone Carth couldn’t see for a few moments. “Considering your reputation here on the capital over the years I assume I will get some attention for this. Also you are the only ship in the area we can spare at the moment.”

He fought off the sting as he recalled being assigned to this project. The bureaucracy had made it clear they were going to keep him on the station, and that the Republic was going to cut military spending. He had been assigned here on this mainly to give the Republic more oversight on the project so he had been told. The reality was the Senators and the majority of the brass didn't want to listen to Carth about building up the military in preparation for the war that Revan said was coming.

"Damned fools." Carth said as he tried to uphold his promise to his best friend to follow orders and defend and prepare the Republic.

It was times like this he somewhat envived Canderous. All that old dog had to do to help Revan was gather up the scattered remains of the group of people Carth fought for his life against. He who had the helmet of Mandalore was rarely questioned or challenged. Those who did often were around to boast of it for long. The correspondence they had sent back and forth indicated that the build-up of forces on Dxun lay mostly unnoticed to anyone but their Onderonian allies. In exchange for the aid during the Civil War Queen Talia lent a helping hand and usually turned a blind eye to the Mandalorians on the close moon. While she did not trust the elite warriors, she trusted the Exile and the Exile trusted the Mandalore.

Led by Rohlan Dyre the core of the supercomandos known as "Malachor Company" trained day in and day out in the harsh jungle environment. It was the hope of Canderous and Rolan that these soldiers would be the vanguard of Revan's army in the coming struggle. While it had taken time, the clans were strong; Ordo leading them with Fett at their side. They were the finest soldiers in the galaxy, and they were growing in numbers and preparing for war.

In contrast the Republic navy was gradually shrinking as more and more funds were being diverted from military spending to peacetime projects. The Mandalorian and Jedi Civil wars were distant memories for most of the populace, it was time to rebuild and restore. There had been no Sith Lords or conquering invaders for nearly two decades, now was the period to enjoy peace and security. Carth was not of the same mindset. The way Revan looked in those last days, the things he said to Carth, and the memories he shared all pointed to a conflict that would dwarf any conflict since the Great Hyperspace War. If the things he told him we terrible, Carth could only imagine the things he shared with Bastila.

“As you know the Republic recently put in a lot of backing into a colony project for one of the Outer Rim worlds. It’s been the pride of the Senate pouring credits into it over the past few years. Per request of the Senate a ship is to be sent out to assist with any help the colony may need.” Deliah said as she was well aware this was not the assignment that Carth had been hoping for.
    “An errand boy Admiral?” He asked almost insulted as he scratched at his beard which was far more gray than he was comfortable with. Mission had made fun of him enough times for being old back on the Ebon Hawk, and now he was looking it.

“As I said Onasi you are the only ship in the area. The only oddity is that the colony has not reported in.” She replied as Carth felt a small twinge of excitement. He held onto it with all his might even though he was well aware of how faulty colony communications could be.

“I’ll prep to depart tomorrow Admiral.” He replied as Deliah gave her nod, and the hologram shut off. Sighing Carth turned his focus back onto the Citadel as his eyes focused on the cantina where he would usually visit. At least it would be a good exercise for his crew who had mostly been stuck to repairs on the restoration project. A thought struck his mind as he pulled out his communicator. There was in fact a pair of Jedi that had arrived on the station a few days ago. One of them was Jedi Master Atton Rand along with his apprentice Cort Shan, one of the children who Carth had taken on as one of his own. It had been a few months since Carth had been able to see Cort, and he realized it was past time for “Uncle” Carth to catch up. He tapped a button on his communicator as he waited impatiently as usual for a reply.

Citadel Station, Cantina –
    "No matter how bad things are, they can always get worse." Atton once told him. But right now it was hard to see how things could deteriorate any further. They were out of Jawa Juice at the Little Bivoli branch on the station! The only decent drink for parsecs and there was none to be had. It was his master’s idea to come to Telos after their recent hostage situation they had handled. How any establishment could stay in business without having an unlimited supply Cort Shan could not hazard a guess. In spite of this he still needed to eat something and ordered the Serreco Special, sitting down and deactivating the datapad containing an account of his father's stratagems and plans used during the Mandalorian Wars. He looked across the station and as usual saw his master playing Pazak with a small crowd gathered. Cort could not recall the multiple amount of times Atton had made him play Pazak.

The young Jedi ate up nearly all the information available on his parents ranging for published works and old Holonet entries, to the remains of the Jedi Archive hidden on Dantooine. He poured over the military strategy used by his father, and he strived to obtain the level of discipline his mother had in order to use her Battle Meditation. He had tried to use the technique several times before, but all it did was exhaust him and drain his connection to the Force. Despite this, Jolee and Juhani continued to encourage him to try and develop his powers, for they saw in him more potential than even his parents.

Recently a new feeling seemed to crawl up on the Prodigal's son. An immense feeling of doubt. He had always been told that his connection to the Force was powerful, but why couldn't he master all this quickly? Were his teachers wrong? Did they lie to him about his abilities, just like they lied to him about his parents? No it wasn't that, it couldn't be, his teachers his family would never lie to him about that.

But, the word seemed to hang like tabana gas on Bespin. What if they are lying? Anyone can. What have you done? A few tricks with the Force, moved a few stones? A youngling could do that! Any sorry bantha podo can twirl a lightsaber. What is really different about you? All that your parents have done and what have you accomplished?
    These words and thoughts continued to plague Cort as he idly shifted around his food. He tried to dispel these thoughts from his mind, but failed as the doubt and fear gnawed on his mind and confidence. He was broken out of his stupor by a vibration signaling someone was trying to reach him on his comlink.

“You up for a trip to the most boring spot in the Galaxy?” Carth’s voice rang.

3. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Citadel Station, Telos-
    Maryna Shan was never well at taking orders. Even as a child she could recall how mad she could drive Uncle Carth on any given day. In fact he had once joked to her that she was the reason he went to so many Restoration Project meetings. He had also made the comment about turning his hair gray, but he knew that line never worked with her. She had usually gotten her way growing up. In fact she could rarely recall the times when she hadn’t gotten the prize she had in her mind. Save for the few moments when Uncle Carth had to be overprotective of her. She was in fact the daughter of Revan and Bastilla. Yes she had heard the story of her parents enough time to be able to recite it at will. In fact she had once to a room full of refugee children that has passed through a few months back. She could remember the awe on their faces as she went through the entire tale leading up to the usual ending of Revan and Bastilla leaving to find the Sith.

“What happened to them?” They would ask as everyone did when they heard. She had come to the conclusion that out there beyond the stars her parents were still fighting. While she and her brother had been left to live lives that did not compare to that of their parents. Though she had to remind herself her brother was a Jedi. He had gone off on adventures while she had become a pilot for the Republic. Even if Uncle Carth had her orders changed to be sent to Citadel Station. She recalled the argument as she was furious with him for having her sent back to the one place she had wished to get away from. All her life once Cort had been taken to Jedi training she had wanted nothing more than to go off on her own. To not be stuck under her parents, or her brothers shadow for that matter.

“Bravo 7 you still alive out there? You might want to change your course unless you want to wreck.” Her squadron leader said breaking her from her thoughts. She blinked for a moment as she saw The Pride of Telos in her path. Without any hesitation she easily changed her path as she turned towards the Citadel. She had always been able to think more clearly when she was out in her ship amongst the stars. At times she would even take double shifts until she maxed out her hours.
    “You won’t be able to replace me yet Bravo leader.” She commented as she began the landing sequence. The maintenance crew was already prepped and ready to go as her fighter finished the final landing sequence. A green-skinned female Mirialan adorned in a TSF outfit stood near the entrance of the hangar next to an astrometric droid, and one droid that held a blaster rifle in its hands.
    “I swear these two droids of yours will get me fired Shan!” The Mirialan complained as Maryna removed her helmet. Her dark long locks fell to her shoulders as she gave her usual grin at her old friend. “I told them I would let you know they were hear, but the talkative droid told me about 2000 ways it could kill me. Then the little one here decided to just bypass the door anyway.” She said looking stressed beyond belief. Maryna patted her on the shoulder as she looked at the two droids.

“Correction: Master I merely informed the meatbag here of 2,391 ways in which I could kill it. Some meatbags need to fix their audio receptors.” HK-47 replied as the Mirialan gave it a dark gaze. As a child Maryna had been under the protection of her father’s old assassin droid. Poor Carth had nearly had a heart attack when the droid had arrived on the station with her.

“I wouldn’t worry too much Ren. HK here knows that Uncle Carth would trash it if it even fired a single blaster bolt.” Maryna replied as she looked down at T3M4. The little droid seemed rather intent on getting her attention as it rolled right up to her. As it did it gave a few beeps towards HK.
    “Statement: I would have no issue in breaking that order to destroy the little trash compactor Master. It would be good target practice.” HK said as Ren decided she had done her job, and turned to leave the hangar.

“You have fun with those two Maryna.” She said giving a wave.
    “Beep woot rewp boot weep!” T3 squeaked as Maryna dropped down onto a knee as she looked at the droid. It had become almost in a way another sibling for her during her life. Even when she had gone to school it would go with her, and at times help her with her homework. Not that she had ever shared that with anyone. T3 had seemed even sad when she had left to go to become a pilot.

“Ok T3 what is it?” She asked not paying attention to what was going on around her. Most of the tech crew that walked by gave a wide berth to HK who seemed to be enjoying the terrifying presence. Considering that was the most fun HK had had in years Maryna had no issue with it.

“Beep derrk wadd ooot!” T3 continued as Maryna raised an eyebrow at the old droid.

“Of course Uncle Carth would tell me to come see him.” She muttered once again dealing with her overprotective family member. It was hard for her to believe that he was the man she had heard about from stories, and friends of her parents. Someone must have drugged the man to make him more bearable.

“Beep wadd woot!” T3 chimed as this time a smile came upon Maryna’s face. She stood up as she patted the old droid on its dome.
    “Why didn’t you say that at first?” Maryna said as she pulled out her communicator, and saw the familiar code on it. “He knows how to contact me directly why didn’t he just do that? I swear that kid is lost without me.”

“Condescending: Master I do believe that unit is beyond hope. I told it to inform you that Master Cort had contacted you.” HK stated receiving a threatening array of replies from T3. The two droids acted more like an old married couple all the time since they had both been locked up on the station with her.
    “Well it looks like he’s with Uncle Carth anyway. Still he should have told me he was coming.” She said leading the two droids out of the hangar. It had been almost 8 months since she had last seen her little brother.

Admiral Onasi’s Office –
    “I swear Cort you’re getting taller all the time. First Dustil gets bigger now I have to deal with you.” Carth said as he hugged his nephew. He stepped back to study the young man who stood in front of him. The resemblance he had to his father was stunning as Carth was taken back to the first time he had met Revan all those years ago. He shook Atton’s hand as he motioned for the two of them to sit down.
    “Heh thanks Uncle Carth. Sorry it’s been so long. We would have stopped by sooner, but someone thought it was a good idea to look into a slave trade going on.” Cort replied looking over to Atton who gave his usual shrug.

“Hey you’re the one who complains you don’t get to do enough as a Jedi. Don’t blame me for bringing some excitement to your life.” Atton said in a matter of fact tone. He caught the slight stare from Carth at the idea of Cort being involved in something like that. Ever since Jolee had assigned Atton to teach Cort he seemed to be on Carth’s watch list.
    “Don’t worry it was only a few mercenaries. They gave up once they saw the lightsabers.” Atton reassured the Admiral who merely nodded. He would have to send old Jolee a message about what he was allowing Cort to do. “Save for that Rancor, but we handled that with only a few scars….” Atton said as the door to the office opened. Maryna walked in as her eyes set immediately on her brother. Cort stood back up as the two hugged.

“I thought it smelt like a no good poodoo on this station.” She said smiling as she messed up her brother’s hair.

“Here I thought you would be in the medical wing. Wasn’t that you who crashed a shuttle?” Cort replied as they both sat down. Carth couldn’t help but smile when he saw the two of them together. He was sure even Canderous would have broke a small grin at the sight.

“Alright Admiral what is this great assignment you have?” Atton asked returning Carth back to this dull task at hand. Sitting down Carth looked at the three of them along with the droid as he brought up a star map.

“The Republic wants us to check in on a colony that was recently set up on Qulor in the Outer Rim.” Carth began as T3 gave a small beep. Cort seemed rather intent on all of this while Maryna merely looked at the star map. “Usually the colony reports in, but it seems their communications array is broken. It’s a simple trip really, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt having you three come along.”

“You mean the brass dumped this on you, and you decided why not make it a vacation?” Maryna asked. Cort noticed the brief flash of pain that went over his Uncle’s face. He had heard how some spoke of Carth as an old bell ringer for a war that was never going to happen.

“Might be interesting sis. Unless you would rather stay here that is. I know you love those flight patrols around the station.” Cort said knowing this would get under his sister’s skin. She gave him a shove showing that she would go along. He turned to his master who was stone faced looking at the map.

“We should leave immediately.” Atton said getting to his feet.

Qulor, Republic Colony World, Outer Rim –
    A lone ship hovered over the small planet. Its black hull and strange insignia setting it apart from any other ship in the galaxy. Aboard the ship a figure in dark robes and armor moved to the communications room and bowed before the projector as an image of a cloaked figure filled the room.

“My lord the task has been done.” The figure said remaining bowed.

“And the Jedi?” The hooded figure asked in a serious tone.

“She put up a fight, but was not prepared for me. I offered her the truth, but she chose death instead.”

“A pity. Much time was put into tracking her. You are to remain there. The Jedi will surely come to investigate.”

“As you command my Lord.” The figure said standing back up.

“Good, good, we cannot allow any anomalies to try and interfere with our plans, our master would be most displeased. Remember Darth Maelstrom do not fail. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.” The hooded figure finished as the projection faded. As the transmission cut the Darth Maelstrom strode out of the room and ordered the droids to begin landing procedures on the far side of the planet where the colony was located. He would wait perhaps he would get lucky enough to kill more Jedi.

4. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    New chapter will be up later tonight!

5. Nightvision91

May 21, 2013
    Broken Lights –
    The Pride of Telos had departed in only a few moments once Carth had given the order. The ride in the shuttle had been silent as Atton hadn’t spoken since pushing for them to leave now. Once they had arrived he left not saying where he would be going. Carth thought the Jedi Master was going to go meditate as he headed for the bridge. His crew as he knew was thrilled to just have something to do. Cort and Maryna had been left with the droids in the hangar free to do as they pleased until they arrived at Qulor. Cort asked T3 to search for any information on the system as Maryna sat down next to her brother. He knew what she was going to ask, and merely held his lightsaber out for her.

“Should I inform the medics to be prepared for your arrival?” He said in a mocking tone as Maryna stuck her tongue out at him. She had always been fascinated by the lightsaber though she never admitted it to Cort. In fact she was jealous at how he handled the weapon while she was stuck with the blaster.

“You have such little faith in your older sister.” She replied bringing his navy blue blade to life. It hummed throughout the hangar as she stared at it for a moment. Taking a step back she swung the blade forward almost dropping it out of her hands. Cort looked up at her briefly as she brought the blade back up.

“It’s heavier than it looks. Don’t use so much strength when you swing it.” He said returning to the datapad. So far T3 had not been able to bring up that much information on Qulor. From what was available it was a small planet which the Republic had viewed a good farming world.

“Aren’t Jedi taught to respect their elders?” Maryna asked taking another swing with the blade. This time she was much more focused as she grinned at her success. Cort clapped slowly a few times as he got to his feet.

“You know if you want we can test out your new skills Master Jedi.” Cort stated as he walked over to the pack he had brought with him. Maryna watched him patiently as he brought out another lightsaber. He held the blade in his hand before igniting it. It glowed a bright yellow as he smiled. “I’ve been working on this one for a while. Studied what I could of Mom’s blade. It still needs some calibration work, but I’m hoping to use it in the future.” He said as he stepped a few steps back from her.

“You think this is a good idea?”Maryna asked feeling slightly nervous now. She had never seen her brother wield a lightsaber before. Though she had heard his stories of times he had, and from what she could tell he was very good with the weapon. Even Uncle Carth had commented on how her brother was considered one of the best with the Jedi weapon.

“Sure I duel all the time with practice droids when I have the time. You can’t be that much worse than them.” He replied knowing that would push her into this fight. Even as a child before he had begun his Jedi training he knew just what to say to push her buttons. Raising her lightsaber she took a deep breath as she swung the blade with all her might towards her brother’s head. The sequence occurred in seconds as he easily avoided the blow, and knocked the blade out of her hands.

“Well I’ve been proven wrong apparently.” He said laughing as the blade flew to his hand from the floor. He returned it to his belt as Maryna stood there stunned at the speed she had just witnessed. There was a valid reason many called him the Prodigal Knight’s son. “Don’t feel bad. Master Rand still beats me whenever we duel.”

“Oh good at least I know a Jedi Master can kick remind you of your place.” Maryna said sitting down on a container. HK marched across the hangar patrolling as it usually did whenever they were in a new location. Maryna counted the seconds until the droid decided to have target practice with some poor crew members. “Any idea why your master hasn’t said a word yet?” She asked.

“No I’ve been wondering that myself. I’ve rarely seen him in a state where he isn’t being sarcastic, or getting us into some sort of trouble.” Cort replied in a thoughtful manner. She could only imagine the sorts of situations he had gotten into that she would never be a part of. It was the hard part of life to live with not being able to use the force. She felt at times undervalued to her brother. “I think he’ll be fine maybe he just needed to get some rest.”

“Statement: How much longer until I can practice my new meatbag killing skills masters?” HK said marching over towards them.
    “Beep doo zeet!”

“Annoyance: If I was seeking your opinion I would ask for it you useless junk machine.”

“I see those two still get along.” Cort said laughing as the two sat back and enjoyed the argument that was now in full swing in front of them.

“You should have seen them when I had a date.” Maryna replied laughing.

A few hours later, Qulor, Outer Rim –
    “Sir I’ve tried all available forms of communication with the colony.” The comm officer said to Carth as he stood behind the women. She tapped away at her console shaking her head as she did so. “No answer at all. Seems like their equipment did get knocked out.”

“Well we’re equipped with all the repair gear they’ll need Lieutenant.” Carth replied as he walked to the viewport. Qulor by all means seemed like another Dantooine to him. He imagined the people below didn’t even care their communications didn’t work. Farmers just like the ones on Dantooine were just fine being left on their own. “Tell the teams to prepare to head out. The colony is located on the southern hemisphere so we should head out soon.”

“Don’t send any teams.” Atton said catching all of the attention on the bridge. Carth hadn’t even heard the man enter the room as he stood a few feet away from him. He seemed emotionless as he looked past Carth at the planet. His Jedi robe was wrapped around him as he turned his gaze to Carth. “Put all the repair gear in a shuttle that can fight. I’ll go down with the kids and the droids.” He said in a tone that made it clear he was not going to take no for an answer.

“You can’t just give the orders Master Rand….” Carth began as Atton held out a hand stopping him.

“I’ll bring them all back safely. Just keep this ship ready to fight if it comes to that.” Atton said as he turned and left the bridge. No one talked as Carth wondered what the Jedi Master meant by that. Once he would have argued to the death on such matters, but he had learned to trust the wisdom of a Jedi.

“You heard the man. I want all battle systems online, and ready to go.” He ordered as the crew went back to work. Carth wouldn’t say it, but he was beginning to have a bad feeling about this.

Qulor, Republic Settlement –
    “Set us down there near the outskirts.” Atton said pointing out the location. Maryna nodded her head as she began the landing process. “Keep it on standby.”

“Dweet doo beep zoo.”

“Good point T3. Someone should have come out to see us by now.” Cort commented as they all looked out at the settlement. By out appearances it seemed to be well kept save that no one had come out of any of the buildings. “It doesn’t even seem like there’s anything going on.”

“T3 come with me and Cort. HK stay with the shuttle, and Ms. Shan. We won’t be long.” Atton said as the landing ramp descended.

“Disappointment: Why must I take orders from the smuggler? I came to kill meatbags.” HK protested as Atton paid it no attention. He pulled up the hood of his robe over his face as he walked down the ramp.

“I wouldn’t test your luck right now HK. Might as well make yourself comfortable while we wait.” Maryna told her droid friend as she looked over at Cort. He seemed almost nervous as he looked down the ramp that T3 rolled down. “Hey don’t get into too much trouble. Hate to have to show off my lightsaber skills.” She said trying to reassure him.

“I would tell you to keep the shuttle safe but I know better.” He replied as he made his way down. “HK make sure she doesn’t break anything!” He shouted as she watched the three of them heads towards the settlement.

“Take T3 and head over to the communications array over there.” Atton stated pointing to the building that laid near the center of the colony.

“Where are you going?” Cort asked as his master seemed far more tense than usual.

“I need to look for something. I have a feeling the colonies communication array didn’t break.” Was all he said as he began to walk away from them. “Head back to the shuttle once you get it fixed.” He finished as he entered into one of the buildings.

“Zoo doot doo.”

“Yeah better keep focused T3.” Cort replied as he made his way to the communications array. His pace was rather quick as he made his way through the small settlement. Every building he passed seemed to give off an eerie feeling. Almost as if he was being watched from all directions. There was no sign of any conflict having took place as he approached the communications array. Cort studied the building for a moment as something moved in his peripheral. Not hesitating he activated his lightsaber and spun around. T3 followed him as it aimed it’s electric shocker towards their target.

“He…..all of them…..just……gone….she tried…..she fought….but he…..killed” The women said as she clutched herself. She shook violently as she looked around in all directions. Cort was taken aback as he felt the sheer terror coming off of her.

“It’s ok you’re safe now. I’m Cort Shan a Jedi apprentince.” He began as she slowly approached the women. Her eyes went wide with terror as she saw his lightsaber. Shutting it off he took a step forward offering a hand. “I won’t harm you. What happened here?” He asked as he stopped a few feet away from her.

“She witnessed the truth.” A sinister voice spoke as Cort was sent flying across into the side of one of the buildings. Pain erupted from his back as he fell face first into the dirt. The women screamed as she ran away. Cort got back onto his feet as he looked at his attacker. It was a figure cloaked in black, and it had ignited a double bladed lightsaber. “Now you will fall just like the rest of the Jedi will. For the truth has come.” The figure said as it launched into an attack.