main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Cheats, Codes, Bug Exploits, Hacks

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    This thread is a place for those who cannot surive on their skills alone. It is for discussion of Knights of the Old Republic Cheats, Codes, Hacks, Bug Exploits and similar.

We're all unsure if the xbox release will have cheats, but if it does, I want to keep them out of the "Hints & tips" thread entirely. And no doubt when the PC version ships in late Spetember (?) this thread will get some use.

Come here to post any codes or cheats, or to ask questions if you're stuck and you need to cheat to progress.

KOTOR gameplay issues, how to beat levels, secrets, walkthrough help etc should be posted in this "no cheats allowed" thread.

Please refrain from turning this into a chat thread. Use this thread for KOTOR General discussion / chat.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    This thread is a place for those who cannot surive on their skills alone.

hmmm

[image=http://www.scchealth.org/docs/ph/ph_images/turkey.jpg]

:p ;) :D

3. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    Does anyone out there have any cheats or hacks or any tricks to get god mode or all health or something to get me out of being killed by Darth Bandon?!

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

No?

¤Night

5. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Alternate ending sequence:
    Reach the final battle with Darth Malak, but do not open the door yet. Press L + R on controllers one and four.

Change voice pitch:
    Hold Black or White on controller four during game play to increase or decrease the pitch of the voice dialogue.

Hint: Increase Dark alignment:
    After finding the stowaway on the Ebon Hawk, select the "Get out of here, whoever you are! Right now!" option. Talk to her before she leaves to catch her again. Choose that dialog option again. Repeat this to increase your Dark alignment.
    Information in this section was contributed by Jollybobrancher.

When doing the Sandral-Matale Feud quest, go to the Sandral home first when you have permission to investigate the disappearance of Shen Matale from the Jedi Council. Take the necessary steps to enter the home. After questioning Nurik Sandral, he will depart to the back of his home. Get to the point where you can deny Rahasia. You can go to the Matale's home and speak with him. If you select all the bottom answers, his last question will be for you to ask 2,000 credits for finding Shen. By selecting all the bottom answers, you have earned yourself a Dark side point. Talk to the droid again and Ahlan Matale returns outside with the same line of questioning. Repeat this to accumulate as many Dark points as desired.
    Information in this section was contributed by Bryant O.

Hint: Increase Light alignment:
    When doing the Sandral-Matale Feud quest, go to the Sandral home first when you have permission to investigate the disappearance of Shen Matale from the Jedi Council. Take the necessary steps to enter the home. After questioning Nurik Sandral, he will depart to the back of his home. That is when Rahasia Sandral shows up and asks you for help. If you deny helping her free Shen, she will be upset. After denying her, go back to her and select "Apologize". After you apologize to her, she will continue with what help she needs, but deny her quickly instead of hearing her story. The apology earns you a Light side point. You can repeat this as many times as desired in order to accumulate high Light status.
    Information in this section was contributed by Bryant O.

Hint: Bastila's underwear:
    Equip Dark robes on Bastila. Remove them to see new underwear.

Hint: Keep Sandpeople Robes:
    After obtaining the Sandpeople Robes, transfer it to another person in your party and equip it just before the end of that quest.

Hint: Hidden level up:
    On the first level, when you just get out of the fight with the Dark Sith, he gives you a key. It is to the cargo room on your speeder. When you get inside that cargo room, go behind the lightsabers to find a level up.
    Information in this section was contributed by RacerAngelo3.

Hint: Defeating the Dark Jedi in the Sith base at the water world:
    Have the main character as Bastila and Big Z in your party. Once inside the base, after getting past the water pressure is a room where you will find Sasha. Next to that room is another room with a dark Jedi and two fish-like creatures. To defeat the Dark Jedi, have Bastila throw the lightsabers at her and make Big Z attack her with two swords. Keep doing this and she will die quickly. You can take out the other two fish creatures afterwards.
    Information in this section was contributed by RattleSsssnake.

Hint: Defeating Calo Nord by the Krayt Dragon den:
    Have a party consisting of Bastila and Carth. Have Carth equip one or two melee weapons and have your entire party attack Calo. Note: It helps to have the normal or advanced power swing to attack him. If you have it, keep doing this and Calo will probably attack Bastila and Carth instead of your character. He should die quickly, and his thugs are easy pickings.
    Information in this section was contributed by Vin1103.

Hint: Manaan: Sith encryption code puzzle:
    For these matrices:
    Additive: 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 16 (19, 22, 24, 31)
    Subtractive: 21, 18, 16, 15, 15, 16 (14, 18, 19, 21)
    Multiplicative: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 (48, 52, 64, 96)
    Divisive: 128, 64, 32, 16,

6. Soulcon

Soulcon Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2003
    Has anyone gotten this to work at all I have not been able to get it to work. Mainly after I buy my first round of spikes the droid says nope no more and then the wookie says sell some even when I have none to sell. Any help would be appreciated.

Lots O Credits
    (This one haven't gotten to work quite right yet) During your 3rd trial head to your ship and have your droid (if you have him create about 50 spikes. Then hit your wookie up for as many gernades he will make you. Find a salesman ad sell them all to him. Rinse repeat.Good Luck

-Soul

7. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    Oh I wasn't a big fan in NES stuff

8. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    It was a joke, that's the famous NES cheat that was used in hundreds of games. And you call yourself a gamer!

¤Night

9. TrueSouthernJedi

TrueSouthernJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    i posteed this in the other thread but i think it is a glitch in the game where do i get the star map for tattoine whne i get to the sandpeople village i cant destroy the gun turrets and when i try and just run past them into the village my whole party dies i mean nothing hurts the gun turrets

10. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    Alright Southern Jedi,
    First you have to kill at least 3 sandpeople so you can get there robes then put them on all the members of you party that way you can pass the turrets to the sand people base undetected.(but once your in the base the sand people will shoot you.Next kill the chief sandperson so you can take the map of the dune sea he has on him after that go into the dune sea,there you will meet a hunter who needs you help in killing a krayte Dragon in a cave.Help him and inside the cave is your Star Map!

11. Soulcon

Soulcon Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2003
    Has anyone tried the Credits Trick and gotten it to work. Its where you get gernades and spikes from the wookie and droid? I have tried it but they keep telling me I can't have anymore. Any help woul be appreciated.

-Soul

12. Jaycen_Kayde

Jaycen_Kayde Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2000
    If I remember correctly, didn't the famous NES cheat code have two B A's at the end. UUDDLRLRBABA? Or were there vartiations of the code. Cuz I still have my NES, and you can use that code to get 30 lives in Contra, and I'm sure it had BABA at the end. J/C

JK

13. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Alright, I've talked to everyone on Tatooine and I visited the Sand people, agreed to get them the condensors, but the protocol lady will not agree to a nonviolent solution. Is there any way to get the condensors on my own or to influence her, or do you just have to kill them all.

14. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Talk to the other guy behind the counter at the Czerka offices, you can buy them there.

15. sidious_fan3

sidious_fan3 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Ya know the cheat about an alternate ending by pressing L + R on controllers 1 and 4 b4 entering the final fight with Malak? What exactly is different about it? Are there two dark side endings and two light side endings or does it just show u the opposite ending? (If you're dark side it shows the light side ending)
    What Happens!

16. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    on korriban does anyone know how to get past that trap door in shagas tomb where you have to figure out like this puzzle where you have to get all the ring systems from one side to the other but if you get it in the wrong combonation you die is anyone past thatright now its literaly impossible

17. JediChick822

JediChick822 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003

This is the solution I found. There may be others.

left to middle
    left to right
    middle to right
    left to middle
    right to left
    right to middle
    left to middle
    left to right
    middle to right
    middle to left
    right to left
    middle to right
    left to middle
    left to right
    middle to right

18. JediChick822

JediChick822 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
  19. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
    Question 1:
    How do you swich items with party members?

Question 2:
    What are the answers to the questions in the East & west wings in the ancient ruins?

>Please hurry I'm tired of fighting those droids!<

20. Soulcon

Soulcon Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2003
    How in blue hell do you get this to work? I have tried just about everything could someone help please.

-----------------------
    Easy credits in Dantooine Ebon Hawk

When you start to do the last Jedi trial on Dantoiine, go in the Ebon Hawk. Ask the droid, if available, to make Computer Spikes. Keep asking for about 50 Computer Spikes. Next, go to Big Z and let him make Frag Grenades. Then, find the merchant near the Jedi Academy. He sells expensive and good armor. Sell those Frag Grenades and Computer Spikes, then repeat for as many credits as desired.

-------------------------------

-Soul

21. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    If you want full health with out buying medpacs or any other health thing, then go outside and go to the map screen and return to the Ebon Hawk or on Taris to return to the hideout, the once you appear you have full health and you can transit back the same way, DON'T DO IT INSIDE you'll have to fight the people you just fought before you did the transit.

22. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    ots O Credits
    (This one haven't gotten to work quite right yet) During your 3rd trial head to your ship and have your droid (if you have him create about 50 spikes. Then hit your wookie up for as many gernades he will make you. Find a salesman ad sell them all to him. Rinse repeat.Good Luck

How did you manage this? After about 10 spikes, the droid stops making them. When I left Dantoonine for Kayssyvkk, I got him to build some more, but he always stops at ten.

Mission will make Security spieks for you, Canderon will make Adrenal injectors for you. THose actually go for more.

23. themediumshow

themediumshow Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2003
    she doesn't sell you the condensers. the guy behind the bar does. buy them from him for 200 credits with a force persuade and give them to the sand people chief. he will give you his staff thing as a reward. done and done.

24. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Can someone PLEASE give me a cheat or something on how to kill mallack in the last battle??

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE :)

25. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    My strategy in fighint Malak at the end was to use MASTER SPEED to stay away from him, get some distance between himself and me, use lightsaber throw to take out the containers and then, still using master speed, always keeep your distance, pump yourself up with your adrenal stimulaants, and then go in for the final exchange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.