main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    This thread is for discussion of Knights of the Old Republic gameplay issues, how to beat enemies, gain XP, find new areas, discover secrets, walkthroughs etc.

Come here to show off what you've found, or to ask questions if you're stuck.

Cheats, Codes, Bug Exploits, Hacks or any other "unethical" way of gaining progress in the game is not welcome here. Please use this thread for discussing Cheats, Codes, Bug Exploits, Hacks etc.

Please refrain from turning this into a chat thread. Use this thread for KOTOR General discussion / chat.

Also, show some courtesy to your fellow gamers and try and mask spoilers that may effect others enjoyment of the game by using markup codes (omit the spaces);

[ hl=black] [ color=black] Spoiler text here [ /color] [ /hl]

eg: Spoiler text here

2. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    What are XPs. I kept seeing that in the IGN review. I'm pretty sure its nothing about Windows.

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Experience Points

4. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh ok. It makes sense now.

5. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    How do you get the Sith Uniform if you don't intervene on the behalf of the merchant being interrogated by the Sith Soldiers regarding stolen uniforms?
    Taris, lower level is where I am referring to.

6. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    is kotor an rpg

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  8. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    Anybody know another way to get the Sith Uniform if you don't help the outlander?

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Go to the first cantina across from the elevator when you leave the apartment, and speak to a female sith who is off-duty. She invites you to a party and marks its location on your map. The party is where you will find what you're looking for.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    At the risk of repeating myself...where the heck is this guy that put a bounty on his wife or girlfriend? Y'know, the woman that's hiding in the Taris apartment complex, that tells you of her plight and asks you whether you could...persuade...the guy to cancel the bounty? I looked everywhere in the cantina and couldn't find him.

11. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks, Ezekiel... I know the Sith woman you are talking about. I saw her on one side of the bar and a Sith man on the other side of the bar, but didn't try talking with them, since I was trying not to draw attention to myself.

12. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    You're sneaky.

13. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    Right now I'm trying to complete the third quest of my Jedi trials, and I'm not too sure how to do it. I keep getting lost in the fields.

14. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    As a by the by kind fo statement, just about everyoen is giving KOTOR 9.0's ratings or better as a rating go. Which I think is grand, I am sure X-Box needs a game like this.

They said that by Ocotober, there will be downloadable weapons, force powers, and levels available on X-Box Live. I am looking forward to that, especially as HALO2 approaches......

15. Darth-Bone

Darth-Bone Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    how in the name of time do I beat Marl in the duelling arena - one hack and I am dead.

16. Darth-Bone

Darth-Bone Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    how in the name of time do I beat Marl in the duelling arena - one hack and I am dead.

17. teplitsa

teplitsa Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    To get into the sewers,

After talking to the Beks go to the Sith guard post, present your papers and go to the lower city. Save the villager at the gate and talk to the village leader and elder. Then go out of the gate to find Mission.

As for Marl, you may have to advance a few more levels. I sold my rifle by accident and may buy one back to defeat Marl. I'm planning to keep my distance and pick shots off when I can.

18. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Can anyone tell me how to either sneak by or defeat the Rancor in the sewers, when you are trying to getting into the Valek base, with Mission Vao to get the part you need for the swoop?

19. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    I just switched my party around so Mission was leading, then sneaked through the Rancor's legs and to the entrance. Once you're under the enclosure where the entrance is, the Rancor can't get to you.

20. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Look on the floor in the hallway just before you enter the Rancor room. The solution will present itself.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

21. xen13_13

xen13_13 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    Speaking of Rankors how do you find him in the sewers?

22. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I cant beat ice

23. teplitsa

teplitsa Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    This is how I killed the rancor. He is in the upper sewers. It's best if you explore all the sewers for XP and items.

Use stealth and throw a poison grenade. Retreat back into the sewer once the rancor comes at you. Come back out and throw another grenade. Retreat again. Repeat as needed.

The Vulkar base is easy. To rescue Bastilla you must compete in the swoop race.

Keep pressing A to use the accelerator you stole. Use the accelarating things on the ground to accellerate even more.

24. ezekiel22x

Aug 9, 2002
    How much XP did you get for killing the rancor?

25. teplitsa

teplitsa Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    I don't remember. I never really pay any attention to XP. I just try to complete all the quests and use my skills to gain a lot of it.

I killed a criminal and got a bounty from one of the Hutt's. I helped the Undercity villagers by telling them where the promised land was. And in the duel arena I am up to Marl so far.

I just rescued Bastilla and now we are trying to find a way off Taris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.