main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AqUaMuLe

AqUaMuLe Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I've got a question. I'm in a kind of quagmire on Taris.

I just rescued bastila, made it back to the hideout and then stepped into the hall.

The twilek came along and told me to go meet Canderous so I go to the Cantina and meet him.

He tells me to go get the Droid from janice and tell her Davik sent me, yada yada yada.

I get to Janice and there is nothing on the dialog to say I came for the droid for Davik.

I went there earlier and got the busted droid, is there something else i forgot to do, did i skip something or is there some other way to get the droid. or is there some other way to get the ebon hawk without canderous?

I run all over the place, even down to the javyer cantina, where canderous dogs me for not going into the sith base yet, and go back to the droid shop and still no dialouge about getting the Davik droid. Just the same old dialoge about asking her questions and looking at her inventory.

It's really strange because I've played and finsihed the game twice, but have never had this problem. I know I've went really dark on this game. not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

I'm really stuck, can anyone help?

2. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    It was funny, I actually had to write a paper on if I would defend someone accused of murder for my intro to law class when I defended Sundry.

3. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    I've got a question. I'm in a kind of quagmire on Taris.

I just rescued bastila, made it back to the hideout and then stepped into the hall.

The twilek came along and told me to go meet Canderous so I go to the Cantina and meet him.

He tells me to go get the Droid from janice and tell her Davik sent me, yada yada yada.

I get to Janice and there is nothing on the dialog to say I came for the droid for Davik.

I went there earlier and got the busted droid, is there something else i forgot to do, did i skip something or is there some other way to get the droid. or is there some other way to get the ebon hawk without canderous?

I run all over the place, even down to the javyer cantina, where canderous dogs me for not going into the sith base yet, and go back to the droid shop and still no dialouge about getting the Davik droid. Just the same old dialoge about asking her questions and looking at her inventory.

It's really strange because I've played and finsihed the game twice, but have never had this problem. I know I've went really dark on this game. not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

I'm really stuck, can anyone help?

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I think I remember hearing that earlier......

All I can say it go back to a save game beforehand.

5. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    tried that, it doesn't work.

went all the way back to before i went to the lower city

is there any other way to get to the ebon hawk other than that?

6. Darth_Ashraak

Darth_Ashraak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    sounds like a nasty bug. have you patched your game?

7. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    patched?

i finished a game last week and it ran fine. haven't done anything else out of the ordinary except play different

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Do you have the autosave feature on? It usually saves from when you last did a major section.

9. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    [i finished a game last week and it ran fine. haven't done anything else out of the ordinary except play different /i]

Try to download patches from the net anyway.

10. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    ok, thanks guys.

is there a site i can go to for the patches?

11. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    [image=http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/7/77/Malak_Jawless.jpg/220px-Malak_Jawless.jpg]

12. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    its in the startup menu.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    ^^ I do love the scene where Malak turns around without his mask on. That was a cool cinematic moment.

14. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    I got the patch, but it's still doing it. I'm gonna drain my override folder and just start a new game. I tried a totally different character on this game, but I doubt that is the problem

Very strange. I'm just stuck. Too bad there's no other way to get to the Ebon Hawk.

Thanks for the help

15. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Truth is even if you modded around it or something it'd still come back to bite you. I remember in Kotor II I left some sith assasins alive in the mandalorian base, and when it came time for the attack on naga sadows temple Xarga went off to attack them in mid dialouge, and we never set the preparations. I ended up warping to the tomb, but the game froze at the end of the level, and I couldnt fix it.

16. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    I ended up warping to the tomb, but the game froze at the end of the level, and I couldnt fix it.

A similar ting happened to me. Man I hate those glitches/bugs/things. [face_frustrated]

17. Yo_Raja

Yo_Raja Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2006
    Playing KOTOR2 is dangerous for one's nerves, true :rolleyes:

18. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Indeed. I remember on the first level ( Peragus ) everytime I would go into the sub levels and turn off the droids heat sensors I'd always get stuck in a wall when I'd try to fight them. :( The nerve.

And there were many more glitches that irritated me, and plus the unsatisfying end... ugh.

:p

19. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    I was wondering if anyone knew, right off hand, what the strongest lightsaber crystals are.

Or a list of the strongest to the weakest.

And how powerful can you get a lightsaber as far as damage?

20. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    You better like this, I couldnt find it so I typed it up myself

Pure Damage 13-48 energy & 2-16 fire
    Crys1: Barab Ore Ingot
    Crys2: Upari [or solari for light siders]
    Cell: Ultimate Diatum Energy Cell
    Emitter: Expert Fencing
    Lens: Pontite

Blaster Bolt Deflection +15 BBD
    Crys1: Jenraux
    Crys2: Lorridian
    Cell: Any, none offer BBD
    Emitter: Expert Deflection
    Lens: Ossus Dueling

21. Deciple_of_Malak

Jul 10, 2005
    Isn't this for KOTOR2?
    :confused:

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes.

For a maximum damage lightsaber, you'll want the crystals from Yavin 4, Mantle of the Force or Heart of the Guardian.

For example, MotF + Solari + Upari gives you:
    Base + 3-22 damage, +6 attack, +4 blaster deflection.
    Light Side only.

Replace MotF with HotG for:
    Base + 2-14 damage, +1-12 vs dark side, attack +6, deflection +8.

If you''re dark side,
    MotF + Sigil + Upari is quite effective.

23. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    :oops: I allways forget which thread I'm reading :p

24. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004

25. AqUaMuLe

Sep 27, 2004
    ooops, im sorry this is a KOTOR II question...........maybe you guys know. sorry i posted in wrong thread. When you are in the military base in the restoration zone on Telos (you know, you are going to start the reactor to open shuttle bay doors). Down close to where the reactor is there is a door that says "military base sub-level" Is it possible to go there? I can't seem to find a way to get the door open.

just curious about it because on the map it has the little blue line indicating it is taking you to another map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.