KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmm, so I'm assuming that HK-47 will get his memory refreshed on board the Leviathan? Does that mean that even if you haven't completely repaired him once you reach that point you can get his whole story?
  2. Oissan Force Ghost

star 6
    Not directly on the Leviathan, but is has something to do with it. Of course I could spoiler it for you, but that would be boring ;)

It doesn't matter how much you have repaired him, those are only a bonus to his stats and tell of his last few masters, but have nothing to do with his main memory core. Though you should repair him completely before the Leviathan, as it isn't possible to repair him afterwards and the improved stats are quite useful.

So, yes, if you want to hear everything, you have to repair him before the Leviathan. Once the Leviathan-level starts, all you will get from him for the rest of his game is his restored main memory, nothing about former masters from the recent past anymore.
  3. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Darn. That means I have to pour a ton of points into Repair next time I play.....which probably won't be until I get a new computer >_>

Come to think of it, how come you can't have another party member do the repairs? Is there even any point in giving these guys repair or computer skills?
  4. cutmeister Jedi Grand Master

Sure, there is a point to it. Demolitions skill is good for recovering and/or setting mines, repair skill helps lower the amount of repair parts required to fix broken droids, computer use skill is good for lowering the number of computer spikes required to slice into various computer systems, etc.

I don't consider skills a well utilized feature of KotOR but skills do have an important role in the overall game. As far as repairing HK-47 goes though only the PC can perform those repairs and so will need some skill points used in repair and computer use, IIRC. However you can use skill buffing items like gloves, belts, and headgear that increase your PC's skill points so you don't have to put all your skill points towards repair and computer use.
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    No you can't. Items don't effect the HK repairing IIRC.
  6. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Wait so if you're using say, Mission, as your lead party member, and you try to fix a droid and put it in patrol mode, it'll be Mission fixing it and not you?
  7. Raja_Io Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep. Just like when you use a party member to recover mines.
  8. Starfire19 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Somewhat of a spoiler below, so please, avoid reading this if you don't want to be spoiled in a small but sort of significant way.

I have a question about neutrality...On the Star Forge, you can either create the Star Forge Robes (restricted to light side) or Revan's Robes (restricted to dark side).

If I play the game and stay neutral (or balance my actions to the point that I'm neutral by the time I reach the Star Forge), what can I create for a neutral Jedi? I noticed Jolee can't equip the Star Forge Robes because of his neutrality, so there wasn't anything for him other than the Jedi Master Robes.

Can I create anything for a neutral character?
  9. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    My guess is that it depends on who you side with on top of the temple before going to the Star Forge. Regradless if you stay neutral or not you are going to side with batilla and go darkside, or you go against her and stay lightside. There really isn't a neutral decision here.
  10. Starfire19 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Bah, that's what I was thinking. I was hoping there was a neutral option in the dialogue with Bastila (not necessarily something like, "Whatever, do what you want" but more like something Jolee would say, you know? Not covered in direct lightsidedness, but still good in its own way), but I suppose there isn't. Oh well!
  11. MasterJediRevan Jedi Knight

maybe someone could make . . . . . .
  12. Starfire19 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sure they could, but what good would it do? Being neutral isn't really that rewarding in KOTOR I, whether its people noticing your neutrality (party members, etc.) or even as far as items like Gray Jedi Robes, you know?

I hope it's different for KOTOR III, if it ever comes out. *sigh*
  13. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Well there's not a whole lot of middle ground when it comes to most choices. Like on Taris, you either save the guy or you let the rakghouls eat him up. There's no "Meh, whatever I'll just sit here because I don't want to do good things or bad things."

Funny, you just made me sound like President Bush. But let's not get into that.
  14. Oissan Force Ghost

star 6
    There isn't always a neutral way, nor should there be. Everyone, no matter how neutral, leans to one position.

In this case, there isn't much of a choice. You have to stop Malak, there is no place for a neutral character. Now, the reason why you stop him is up to you. You can do it for your own good, or to save the Republic or simply because you can't stand someone who tries to conquer the galaxy in which you live, it's completely up to you.
  15. Raja_Io Force Ghost

star 4
    Apathy is death! [/Kreia]
  16. Jagot Jedi Padawan

After finishing the second Star Map - first on Dantooine, then Tatooine - I traveled
    to Manaan. There I spoke with Bastila, ended up kissing her (on the Ebon Hawk).
    When I've done that, the Bastila quest disappeared from the quest list. If I spoke
    to her again she said that we should wait discussing such matters until Malak was
    defeated. So I continued, and after finding the third Star Map, I thought that I
    might continue the romance plot, as described here:
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdgmn/is_200310/ai_n9507934
    conversation #11 & #12 should be available. But when talking to her the only options
    are "Can you show me one of these visions again" and "Nevermind". Will I be able to
    talk to her later (by gaining XP and leveling, or such), or will I have to redo from
    precisely after kissing her, but not asking her about it afterwards? That's 3-4 hours
    of gameplay to redo!

Oh, and I forgot - I travel the light path, if that makes any difference.
  17. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    There is a glitch that stops the romance quest with Bastilla. You're screwed any which way. I've heard for the PC version there is a patch you can d/l, I have no idea if there is such a d/l for the Xbox through Xbox Live.

Don't worry though, near the climax you do get to talk with her again.
  18. Jagot Jedi Padawan

Thanx
    You could also look at this site:
    http://www.lucasforums.com/archive/index.php/t-165207.html
    (Azorius' post 05-24-2006, 11:40 PM). I opened up GLOBALVARS.res
    from my quicksave in a HEX-editor and found the variable K_SWG_BASTILA
    but directly after the text it said "0D" which means 13 in HEX. That
    means that I have not failed the romance plot, I guess, but I've had
    the bug you mentioned.

I play the PC version, so if you can tell me where I can find these patches,
    it would be nice.

Jagot
  19. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I play the Xbox version and I don't have Xbox live so I'm out of luck. I've thought about getting the PC version just for the Yavin d/l.
  20. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Ewww. Shouldn't have read that link. Evil evil spoilers. But I guess that's my own fault. I thought I had seen most of everything there was to see the first time through the game T_T
  21. Master_Firesong Jedi Padawan

Well this is the site I get most of my PC KotOR mods from. And this is the thread for fixing the romance be tween Bastila and Reven as a male PC.
    http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159234
    Anyway didn't read all of it but I hope it helps.
  22. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, anyone know of any way to get your entire party to disengage from a fight? Whenever I try to retreat, I take a guy out of the fight, only for him to charge back in when I try to do the same for the next character.
  23. Dark_Nexium Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really from the many times I have played the game it is almost, if not, impossible to get them all out of battle. The only way I can think of is by walking towards another part of the level and letting it load but most times the game shuts the door behind you or something so you can't do that. But you can disengage yourself by pressing B (on Xbox or cancel button on PC).
  24. Miikop Jedi Padawan

What do you mean, touch The four corners and then the one in the middle.. o.o
  25. AqUaMuLe Force Ghost

star 2
    as far as I know Ive never been able to leave the room during a battle. It will say something like "your other party members can not join" or something like that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.