main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I'm on my 5th game, but I haven't played in a long while so my memory needs to be refreshed.

In the Upper City Cantina on Taris, there two Sith officers, one male and one female, that express dissatisfaction with their job. The female doesn't like the long hours and low pay, but the male seems to have a deeper problem with it. There is a [persuade] option to try and get him to talk more about it, but I didn't have enough "persuade" points to succeed. Now that I do have enough, however, both of them have disappeared from the cantina.

Are they supposed to reappear anywhere else on Taris?

Also, am I supposed to meet the guy who pulled the "I'll bring you to meet the band backstage" scam again?

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    They give you the Sith Armor, IIRC. You've gotta crash their party if they fail to invite you, I think.

The band guy never shows again.

3. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Ok, this is just a rumore I heard. I'm looking for verification. I heard that if as a female Revan you get Carth to confess he loves, or that he could love you before losing Bastilla as a party member, she will confront you about it. Basically she'll tell you it's against the code and blaw,blaw,blaw. And correct me if I'm wrong but one of the things you can say will give you dark side points which I believe is: "I should kill him then and remove the distraction." Anyone gotten this, or heard about this?

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No, I don't think that is true. If I remember correctly, Carth doesn't confess his love for your character before the Star forge system. I only played a female Revan once, though.

5. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Now that, I do remember. I already have the armor, though. I got it from the dude the Sith were going to interrogate.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    If you don't get invited to the party, you can't crash it.

The alternate method is to save some guy about to get shot by a Sith trooper or something. I just remember you kill a trooper, and then take his armor. It's been awhile, so I can't remember where that is.

7. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Now, what DOES Dia give you for convincing Holden to take the bounty off her? It must not be important, since I can't seem to pinpoint it in the menu.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Light side points.

9. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    What do I have to trick the rancor into eating to get into the Vulkar compound?

I used to just waste all my frag grenades on it. :p

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Put the vial into the pile with a frag grenade.

11. Obi-Maul

Obi-Maul Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2007
    Or you can do what i did the first few times is use the other to characters as bait and slip past the rancor so it cant get you. Then chuck grenades at it till it dies. Simple, but it takes a few goes.

12. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

I know that female revan/ Carth romance ending was cut from the game. But doesn't he still show up on the StarForge, if you completed your romance with him?

13. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I think the second time through that I forgot to put grenades in along with the odor sample....so he ate the corpse and I just had to try to run past him. Well it turned out that my party got mauled by the rancor while I ran forward to take out the two Vulkar guards. Eventually, Carth and Mission just sorta limped back to life and followed me to where I was.

14. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Speak to me!:(

15. DarknessofDeath

DarknessofDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2006
    well I got passed the Temple Simple, only to find out that Bastila has turned to the dark side. Aww rats. I tried to bring her back but that didn't work. I tried "I am Raven, Dark Lord of the Sith. Bow before me." but that didn't work either.

I actually tried to romance bastila but I wished I had talked to her more before the we were captured by Malek on the ship. Oh well...anyway, I keep getting killed by Bastila. :(

16. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    What is the best order of planets to go to after Dantooine, taking into consideration completing story arcs?

I usually go Tatooine, Kashyyk, Manaan, Korriban. I'm wondering if a different order would work better, since I have yet to finish Canderous' or Juhani's arcs after 4 games. :p

17. Darth_Ashraak

Darth_Ashraak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    That's the way I go. Found it on GameBanshee and that's the order I go all the time with stops on Yavin 3 times.

18. Qel-Della

Qel-Della Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm creating a Jedi Guardian who is obviously going to be strong with the light-saber, so I ask you this, is the Scoundrel the way to go? I heard if you start off with that class, you'll end up stronger than normal at the end than if you start out as a soldier. Is this true?

And, I'm also stuck on whether to stick to double-bladed lightsaber, duel-blades, or single blades. I would choose single blade if I knew it was at least equally as powerful as the other two combination. I heard that single blades are good for scoundrels.

Oh by the way, what's the best crystal combination? Right now, I have a combination of Sigil with Solari, and the special light-blue lightsaber from the downloadable content. It does a damage from about 4-32. I already know it's more stronger if I inserted the heart of guardian crystal, but I prefer the light-blue color for now at least. If anyone knows a better combination than that, please feel free to share.

And another thing, can someone tell me how those two new crystals work? I heard they both differ depending on your allignment... and one last thing, I swear, what's the difference between damage and attack?

19. master_bastila

master_bastila Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    Bastila romance problem

So your having trouble getting bastila to like you? You did the right thing when you took her side on Taris, and when you said rescuing a damsel in distress. You should always take her with you when you leave the Ebon Hawk. Eventually you can talk to her anywhere. You should go to Tatooine with her and talk to her. But other than that talk to her on the Ebon Hawk before or after you complete your mission. I havent beaten the game yet, but she kissed my character. Hope this helps.
    :)

20. master_bastila

master_bastila Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2007
    I'm in the star forge in the first kotor, and I can't get by all those dark jedi. I'm using Jolee and Zaalbar. Can anyone give me an easier way to kill them?:(

21. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Use lots of Force Wave and Stasis Field? Energy Resistance and Force Aura are good because a single cast affects your whole team. Don't run ahead too far because the guys like to spawn everywhere. And don't let your party members get separated or you're toast.

22. Cydon

Cydon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    First off, there are neverending troops somewhere on the Forge. Second, I had Canderous and Dark Bastila with me. It went fine.

23. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I find I usually have to split them up to win... I play darkside, and I will leave Bastila and HK47 behind in the middle of the three enemy spawn points, they stay there and hold them off. You have to be really freaking amazing in order to do it, but they CAN hold them off. Meanwhile, I get Revan to override turrets, or whatever else needs to be done in order to make it to the next area. This is possible by either using force speed or stealth to get past turrets relatively unharmed. Once again, you have to be really hardcore for it to work. Also something that helps is using force speed when with your entire party, and just whizzing past all the troops until you get to the next area.

24. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    If you're lightside, take the two other Jedi because then you can alternate between all the powers like Force Push, and shields, etc. If Darkside, take Canderous, because he just never gives up. He's a crazy dude.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    One learns quickly on the Star Forge to use tactics. You cannot sit there and just go toe to toe and expect to survive. Flip through the characters often to make sure they are still near each other, make sure to use powers that hit hordes, Master Heal is your friend, don't be in such a hurry to rush forward, I say Dark jedi are your first targets and the soldiers with grenades that halt your mobility come next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.