main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Well, I've just stumbled across a truly bizarre bug in the game. (Not an exploitable one, mind you... just a strange, strange bug.)

After my protocol droid regained his missing memory, I was standing onboard the Ebon Hawk talking with him, and I noticed a dialogue choice which went something like "can we run a fighter simulation?", to which the droid replied something along the lines of "Yes, master. But be warned, the simulation will seem incredibly real to you."

So, it pops me into the gun turret for a round of potshots at attacking Sith fighters. Makes sense. So far, so good.

Then, once I'd cleared them all, it went into the usual animation of the Hawk leaving the battle scene and zipping off into hyperspace. A bit odd for a simulation, but okay, fine.

Then I'm back in the Hawk again, and my entire posse is standing around in a circle in the big, central room where the Wook and the astromech droid always hang out. Wot's all THIS, then? So, I wander into the cockpit and there's this big ol' droid floating in there. Never seen it before. It says that it's the navi-computer or something like that, and asks me where I'd like to go. It gives me a complete list of the planets I've visited so far, including Taris. So I figure what the hell, let's see what Taris looks like all slagged and blasted.

Well, the droid says something like "Okay, you're on Taris" and that's that. No lift-off, it still looks like Tatooine outside the viewports, but I've got this floating garbage disposal telling me that I'm on Taris. So, I walk out of the ship...

...and into the beginning of the Taris level.

It's just me, no party, but I've got all my regular gear on, including my sabers. I come across the Sith guards hassling the Duros, just as I did at the beginning of the Taris level when I first started the game, and this time I hacked 'em up with my sabers. Took a right into my hideout apartment, gathered a couple of party members, and headed out again...

Long story short, I went to the upper level cantina, picked up my duelling where I'd left off (Marl was a good fight, Twitch went down like a sack) and was beginning to wonder what the hell was going on, because I couldn't find anything resembling an "end training simulation" option (as I was still thinking that this was some weird training sim that the protocol droid was still running for me...)

Well, I bumped into the Sith woman who was throwing the party, talked to her, she started going on about the Tarisian ale, her sidekick cautioned her about the kick that the ale had (again, just as they did in the early stages of the actual game, only they were standing in the cantina rather than in her apartment)...

And then the screen blanked...

And the LucasArts logo came up...

And the BioWare logo came up...

And I was back at the "New Game/Load Game/etc." screen.

Luckily I'd saved not long before this happened, but what a weird friggin' thing! I'd thought there was a similar problem earlier on when a certain plot development happened considerably sooner than I'd have expected something like that to do, but that turned out to just be my own assumptions.

This is definitely a bug. A big ol' WEIRD bug. With nahsty, big, pointy teeth...

(Anyone else come across this yet?)

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Must be one rare bug, since the reviewers I've read so far have not mentioned it at all. Then again, maybe they haven't tried to revisit "completed" worlds during the campaign to experience the bug.

So I gather Malak does slag Taris, eh? Damn, that's what I thought he'd do after seeing the beginning game trailer. Makes everything you did for those folks at Taris like an exercise in futility huh?

3. Master_Natty_Light

Master_Natty_Light Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    in the lower forest on chewies world

where are the other mandolorians? I killed those attacking the wookie and found their swoops but no mandolorians

any ideas?

4. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    PLEASE HELP!!! I'm stuck on that part on Korriban with Darth Bandon,Does anyone have any battle strategies or tips?Help Me.

5. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    The bug seems to be part of something that's intentional. I ran the same saved game again after I posted, and got the same result. Apparently the "fighter simulation" is indeed a simulated run in the turrets, because this time I noticed that the screen was black-and-white with a bit of holo snow across it... just as one would expect in a computer simulation in a SW game. The droid in the cockpit was not only calling itself the "Galaxy Droid" (as opposed to the Galaxy Map", but it had a distinctive queue of dialogue choices, and I hardly think that this would just be a random occurrance.

What X-Box Live plans do BioWare and LA have planned for this game? Might this be a remnant of a planned multiplayer online combat option? I mean, it sure seems to be set up to allow quick access to every locale in the game. It even had a few choices of places I'd not yet been.

6. Patrick Russell

Jul 9, 1998
    Mandalorians on Kashyyyk... go back and talk to the Wookie you rescued again. Pay attention to what he says about the Mandalorians. There's a clue there.

7. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    I have another question for Korriban,In the sith academy on Korriban in the room were that sith is trying to get the Mandalorian to tell him were his weapons are,is there anyway to get him to tell?

8. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Anyone know how to complete the missing Selkoth children quest on Manann? It has something to do with the Sith, I have gathered, but I'm not sure exactly what.

9. TrueSouthernJedi

TrueSouthernJedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    i was on tattoine trying to help the little Jawa out and then when i get tho the Sandpeople village and for some reason i cant destroy the turrets so when i just try to run in the village all my party dies do i need to go in the village is that where the star map is

10. Zaalbar

Zaalbar Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2003
    I have another question for Korriban,In the sith academy on Korriban in the room were that sith is trying to get the Mandalorian to tell him were his weapons are,is there anyway to get him to tell?

P.S Southern Jedi check in the cheat forum I left you the instructions to your questions

11. LightsideCrusher

LightsideCrusher Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2003
    You all SUCK!!! Im only 13 and I am Fighting Darth Revan on the Star Forge So HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. I RULE ALL DESTOY THE LIGHTSiDE.

12. Master_Natty_Light

Master_Natty_Light Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    must be nice to not have a thing called work get in the way:)

13. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    in the lower forest on chewies world

where are the other mandolorians? I killed those attacking the wookie and found their swoops but no mandolorians

any ideas?

First always make sure to read up on the quests in the menu they sometimes provide clues as to what to do. Also did you talk to the wookie and agree to help him kill the mandolorians? Don't worry no DS point.

Next unequip the weapons on your party and wander around. They will then attack you. Mash start to go to the menu and equip weapons (You can always do this in battle, I also find it easier to apply medipacks from the menu screen, you can heal everyone and not loose track of the battle).

Then slay the mandols and read the datapads they drop. Next wander around without weapons until you find another group. This group should drop an item you can use to effect the speeders. The Mal leader will then appear and you should have no trouble putting them down. I was Sct8/Guardian 6 at this point.

i just kicked her out and got a dark side point

If you talk to her enough eventually you can manage to translate her language.

Spoiler warning....if you want to find out yourself.

But Someone is looking for her on Dantooine, speak to one of the Twi'leks in the landing pand area.

God I love this game.

14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    must be nice to not have a thing called work get in the way

Indeed, which must be the reason why some young (or perhaps not so young) punks have the nerve (but seemingly no life whatsoever) to finish the game before it's even 5 days old. :p

I'm nowhere near finishing Taris but I don't mind. I wanna savor this game even if I can only play an hour or two a day. Savor it not only 'cause it's possibly the best console SW game ever, but al so because i need something to tide me over 'til HALO 2. :D

15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I cancel my request for information on finding out why the Selkoth children are disappearing. Just finished the quest.

16. TrueSouthernJedi

Jul 22, 2003
    WHAT DO YOU DO ON THE BEACH PLANET NEAR THE STAR FORGE

17. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    On Maradan (the fish planet) when you escape from the sith base, and get sent to trail, what are the correct responses so you dont get executed? I have tried a lot and keep dying?

18. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    to dark_jedi666:

Ditch your advocate and tell them you were there for diplomatic negotiations.

19. sidious_fan3

sidious_fan3 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I will attempt to answer as many questions as possible:

1) "I have another question for Korriban,In the sith academy on Korriban in the room were that sith is trying to get the Mandalorian to tell him were his weapons are,is there anyway to get him to tell?"

I think u have to have good computer skills to put him into a catatonic state but I don't know for sure cuz my guy wasn't good with computers.

2) "i was on tattoine trying to help the little Jawa out and then when i get tho the Sandpeople village and for some reason i cant destroy the turrets so when i just try to run in the village all my party dies do i need to go in the village is that where the star map is"

The star map is not in the village or the Dune Sea but perhaps even further out.....

3)"WHAT DO YOU DO ON THE BEACH PLANET NEAR THE STAR FORGE"

Head to the southern beach and look around, you'll figure it out.

4)"On Maradan (the fish planet) when you escape from the sith base, and get sent to trail, what are the correct responses so you dont get executed? I have tried a lot and keep dying?"

Blame the sith for luring you into the base by offering u a job and then when you refused they attacked you.

BTW..LightsideCrusher
    GET A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! A PAPER ROUTE OR SOMETHING YA LITTLE BRAT!

Hope this helps!

20. Iwgmr

Iwgmr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 1999
    I need help guys! I'm stuck on the temple of the unkown world(the first world after you find the star forge) I can't seem to get the right color combination on the tile floors, and no NPC has told me how to do it. I suppose it's my fault. Maybe I didn't talk to enough NPC's. I also can't even get out of the temple to go ask questions. Please help. I've invested almost 30 hours and don't want to start over just yet.

21. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Anybody have any strategy tips on how to beat the Mandalorian boss on Dantooine?

22. TrueSouthernJedi

Jul 22, 2003
    well twg i cant remember how i did it but when you step on the blocks the ones beside it and the one obove it changes somehow i got it to look like this (this is from a perspective of walking in you have to get the 3 on the left to white and the two on the left corners to white here is hwat you do (i think step on the one on the left there are thre to each side so the 1st on the left then step on the last on the left this should make it so on the right side all you have to do is step on the middle one i doubt this will help but just remember when you step on a block the ones beside it and the ones above it will change

23. TrueSouthernJedi

Jul 22, 2003
    whoops something happened to my computer so i had to post three times sorry

24. TrueSouthernJedi

Jul 22, 2003
    i cannot beat the part on the star forge where there is at least twenty guys i have beaten almost all of them but all of the suddent four high ranked dark jedi come out and i can never beat them because i dont have any force left otherwise i would just use death filed on em but that reminds me if you can anwser both my questions please does the force power heal make it so your force grows back slower

25. LucasBuiltMeHotRod

LucasBuiltMeHotRod Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Anybody have any strategy tips on how to beat the Mandalorian boss on Dantooine?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.