main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends KotOR: Into the Unknown, Fan Fiction/Alternate Ending (Yes, another KotOR fiction) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kyzen, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyzen

Kyzen Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    <spoiler-free zone>
    Hey everyone. This is my first post here, and I decided to write a bit of a fan-fiction based on my experiences playing the first KotOR game. (I just beat it for the second time on the Light Side earlier today, so I'm on a binge here, bear with me) In case you didn't read the title, this does contain something of an alternate ending to the story, as well as spoilers if you haven't played past the fifth planet (including Dantooine). It's a work in progress, so just let me know what you think as I go along. Again, this contains spoilers. Lots of them. In fact, if you haven't finished the game entirely, DON'T READ THIS! IT WILL RUIN THE GAME FOR YOU! Ye hath been forewarned...
    </spoiler-free zone>

Chapter One: Regret

Bastila's lightsaber thrummed in his hand as it came to life, pulsing with a bright viridian light.

There is no emotion...

He spun into action, his dark brown leather boots making hardly a sound on the hard metal of the Ebon Hawk's cargo hold as he spun through the intricate dance.

There is peace.

He deftly turned his wrist over, and gripped the handle with his other hand. He took a deep breath and centered himself before beginning again.

There is no ignorance...

The faint humming of the lightsaber's blade filled his ears, driving away his sorrow and passion as he sank into the low stances of the form, the light of his blade tracing a graceful weave in the air as he danced.

There is knowledge.

He went through the motions effortlessly, the artful, flowing form that stemmed from an ancient staff-fighting technique used by the Jedi of Old.

There is no passion...

He conjured an image of Bastila, forcing her to smile in his mind. A lone tear traced its way down his cheek and flew away, hissing in protest as it came in contact with the arcing and weaving lightsaber blade.

There is serenity.

Malak had taken everything from him now. There was nothing left to lose. His identity, his memory, all gone. Because of Malak.

There is no chaos...

But he knew it was his fault too. Even if he didn't remember it, he had walked that shadowy path that had so destroyed him. He concentrated his grief inward, letting it build, heighten, and climax.

There is harmony.

And then he extinguished it.

There is no death...

"There is the Force." He finished the Code out loud, just as the twin blades disappeared into the warm metal handle in his hand. Sighing, he belted the saber, inscribed with Bastila's name, and strolled out of the cargo hold, in the direction or the cockpit. He needed to check on Carth and the crew, to be sure they were ready for what lay ahead of them.

On his way to the cockpit, he passed the medical bay, and peeked inside. Jolee was fumbling with a few herbs and chemicals, apparently making a medpac. He knocked on the rim of the doorway. "Knock knock, old man." Jolee harrumphed at his title, but turned his head away quickly to hide his fatherly smile. "There you are, boy. You spend far too much time with that lightsaber of yours, for how much you profess to despise the things you do with it."
    "It's Bastila's. I may have changed her crystal, but the lightsaber is still hers.? He responded.

Jolee's gaze snapped to the yellow crystal hanging about his neck by a thin cord. The multi-faceted jewel glinted as he shifted.

"And as for spending too much time with it...you're wrong. I could not be truly ready for what I know I will face on that station if I had a thousand years to prepare. There is one who has yet to pay the price for his actions."
    He sighed and ran a hand through his thick hair.

"Anyway, I just wanted to be sure you were ready. I need you with me to the bitter end, you know, despite the fact that you're just a crotchety old man." His smile came unabated to his face.

"Hmph. I'm more ready than you are, my boy. The trials you're going to face on that station dwarf the challenges of a mere firefight. I'll be there for you...even if you are just a

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    While never having played KOTOR, this is an entertaining fic.

Might I offer a suggestion? Place a space between paragraphs, even one liners, as it makes it easier for us old users to read. :D ;) :p

3. Kyzen

Kyzen Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    Hmmm...I originally had them in there when I wrote it in Word...let me fix that.

Edit as of 30 seconds ago: I put spaces in. I'll watch that in the future.

4. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    The beautiful thing about KOTOR interps is that no matter how many are written, they'll all have their own flavour. :) I'm writing one of my own, and even though I've read at least the beginnings of half a dozen others, they're all different. I am quite interested in seeing where this one goes, and it's good to welcome another KOTOR writer into the fold. :D It's an underappreciated era, methinks. :p

(oh, and you should check out the KOTOR index and discussion thread. :) )

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Great job! =D= I'm not very familiar with the KotoR timeline (I leave that stuff to my brothers. :D ) but I enjoyed this piece immensely.

6. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Way to go! I love KOTOR! It is so much fun to write because they are always different. :D And yes join us at the KOTOR thread :D

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Excellent fic!!! :D =D=

I love KOTOR, you did a good job turning it into a fiction. I liked the way you described Revan's emotions as he holds Bastila's lightsaber and remembers the Jedi Code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.