main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side KotOR Jedi Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by debbie_l_g, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian-Warriors

Mandalorian-Warriors Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    I'd love to attempt the Mandalorians from KOTOR, they look killer!

Anyone thinking of making one of the Mandalores?

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    RoseTruette, it's okay to ask about C3 here because it will be, afterall, a big gathering for costumers. :)
    Yes! It's a huge SW convention and a lot of people go in costume. It's being held next year in Indianapolis, Indiana in their convention center. The dates are April 21-24, 2005.

You can read more about it here: starwarscelebration.com and read the central thread for it in the Fan Force Conventions forum: C3.

So, I suppose this is leading up to a possible KOTOR costume for the con? ;)

3. RoseTruette

RoseTruette Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    Oh! Yay :) I was reading about the very same thing just an hour ago...I guess I didn't make the connection, lol. Indiana, hmm? Well, I might be able to make it if I plan for it now. *technically* im only 17 and *technically* my parents don't like me to travel but then again *technically* I can drive on my own by then. Lol :)

Yes, I was thinking about making one of the jedi robes which appear. I really liked the light side ones generated at the Star Forge, but the ones that Juhani wears are nice too (red, I think?). The robes Bastila wears is a possibility, along with Jolee's. Many choices. If I can go to C3, I think I will most likely appear in one of those :) Ill let you know what happens :D

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Oh well Rose they sure look like white droids to me...they are the ones in picture #9 of the PC screens...what are they called?

~Rory

5. RoseTruette

RoseTruette Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    Oh *silly me* I thought you were talking about the two from the Concept art. #9 in the PC stills...those are Battle or War droids of the sith. Sorry about that :)

6. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    oh okay, those would be cool to make (CG of course!)
    ~Rory

7. Doniven

Doniven Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    I actually prefer the black colored robes for the sith students

8. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    The Fiber Armor you get from Malic's apprentice is really cool.

I guess it would have to be Leather to look right in real life though. :( That would cost too much.

9. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    heheheheheh, I'm being an Eu tart you know...;)

I'm just working on a Mara Jade (Light Side) costume, and I'm back to itching to make Bastilia's unitard and leather costume;)

I was first enamoured by her costume when I last changed my icon here.. though I chose Daala that time, and now a cutesy wee thing as I'm in a fluffy bunny mood. So I found a few screen shots that showed views from all around. As well as concept art etc.

There is much more info out there now of course. And that wallpaper is fantastic.

I'm also dling a quicktime movie to make caps of the close up view of the back.

Nice detailing will make any recreation of this costume work really well.

10. elvenvoices

elvenvoices Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2003
    We considered doing one, but I've got four costumes to be made on my table, so maybe another year. We're going to play with vaccum molding this summer, since I'm going build the table.

11. Karth-Kahlan

Karth-Kahlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    I just fell in love with Revand robes they are killer nearver seen anything just as good. But i imagin they are very hard to make but well if you leave the mask away. I also like malaks robes and thouse of the dark jedi.

12. Karth-Kahlan

Jan 17, 2004
    What you can get revans robes ingame where ??

13. debbie_l_g

debbie_l_g Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2003
    slight and extremely mild spoilers for the last level of the game.

You can get Revan's robes when you finally reach the Star Forge. When you get to the area where you have blaster turrets and 3 doors to choose from (2 areas like this), one of the doors will lead you to a chamber that will let you make the robes. If you're on the light side, you get Star Forge robes. If you're dark side, you get Revan's robes. You don't get a choice as to what robes the machine makes for you. It's strictly up to which side your on. The robes do offer a slightly higher protection number than the robes you've been wearing up to that point.

The Star Forge robes are pretty cool themselves. I've thought about making myself a set of Star Forge robes but I'm going to concentrate on getting the blue Jedi Knight robes done first.

I can't decide if the blue tunic is one piece or multiple pieces belted together. Anyone else have a clue?

:)

14. Karth-Kahlan

Jan 17, 2004
    i really want to make a reven styl costume for the jedi convention but i need pics and i dont know what matierials and this would be the first time making a costuem.

15. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    You should give this thread: Darth Revan a read through. It has some fabric suggestions and costume analysis in it for Revan. :)

16. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    I'm thinking about making (and when I say I'm making, I really mean my wife is going to make for me) a Dark Jedi Master costume from KOTOR for C3 (Revan's looks borderline impossbile, not to mention a bank breaker), and I've been searching high and low for good close-up screen caps or production art or anything from the game for a good reference, but I haven't really found anything of quality. Plus whenever I try to get my own while playing, you can't really blow them up for a good look w/o losing serious resolution. Also most of the ones that I have found have been of Bastilla and not male Dark Jedi. Does anyone have any suggestions or have better luck with blowing screencaps up? Thanks.

17. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    i don't like the jedi robes from kotor. i find the idea that jedi wore shoulder pads to be rediculous. but everybody has shoulder pads in kotor. also, if you look at the robes, they fold one way above the belt, and the other way below the belt.

18. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    The shoulder pads aren't really glaringly obvious, and I think they give a nice, different look to the jedi. I just would have preferred some more variation between Jedi Robes, Jedi Knight Robes, and Jedi master robes (for both sides - i.e. light and dark have different styles) other than colour. It also would have been nice to see the special robes (like qel-droma) have a different look as well.

And this is more of a gameplay gripe than anything else, so forgive me for being a tad off-topic, but it didn't make much sense to me that Bandon and Exar Kun's armor prevented force use. Bandon at least seemed to use lightning just fine while wearing them. I realize that for the other armors, it's just an RP restriction, but why would Jedi (especially darksiders) wear armor that prohibited certain force abilities?

*shrugs* :p

»Who dares wins«

19. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Anyone know how to make those brown Jedi Robes?

20. neo_mp5

neo_mp5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2004
    "Bandon at least seemed to use lightning just fine while wearing them."

bandon never wore his armour, he wore a black version of regular dark jedi armour.

21. Darth_DTS

Darth_DTS Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2003
    in KOTOR, does anyone know how to get Reven's Robes?

22. debbie_l_g

Aug 26, 2003
    If you go to the Expanded Universe section of the JC Forums and then into the Games topic, you will find Kotor Hints, cheats and walkthroughs that will help you find the Star Forge and Revan's robes.

Note: You can only get them once you reach the Star Forge and you will only get Revan's robes if you are playing as a darkside character. If you are a lightside character, you will get the Star Forge robes.

I still have had no luck in finding quality images of the blue jedi knight robes (first come across them on Dantooine when you find, ahem, Nemo after you've been set on your mission to find what Revan and Malak were looking for). My computer won't let me save the images..well, it will save the image but only the background. None of the characters come through.

23. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I want a Zalbar outfit. My favorite outfits are the brown jedi robes(male) and the blue jedi robes(female) and then Davik and Calo Nord's Body armor. I also think that the Echani battle armor is cool, the one with gold plated armor(I think). I think it would be cool to see Daviks come to life.

24. debbie_l_g

Aug 26, 2003
    Davik's armor would be very...bright I would think. But definitely a stand out in the crowd for the lucky wearer.

I still love the blue jedi robes and the star forge jedi robes...the light side. It was nice to see that the sequel website has a couple of good screen shots of the blue robes.

25. KirstenSolo

KirstenSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2002
    I forgot about this thread. :) This is one of the costumes I'm making for C3:

[image=http://costumes.kirstenanddane.com/4.jpg]

She's the current cover girl for KOTOR II. I'm going to be using Butterick 4072 for the top. Not sure what kind of fabric I'm going to use, but I'm considering both a cotton sateen and a knit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.