main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side KotOR Jedi Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by debbie_l_g, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TB-1866

TB-1866 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    I just finished my Darth Nihilus costume today.. gotta get some pics to show off.

2. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    I'll screencap costumes for you in KOTOR II.

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hmmm, yes, sewing with stretch fabric can be annoying - especially if you're sewing together two different fabrics. I found that hand basting ahead of time helps a lot, though it does add a lot of time.

Another tip I've been given is to use the zig-zag stitch. It's what the person who made the unitard for my Mara Jade costume used, and it seems to hold up pretty well. It's also a kwik-sew pattern, too, so I have faith that the one you picked out will work pretty well.

Oh, for the time to actually work on this...

4. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
  5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    AWESOME! Thanks for doing that!

6. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    I made the jedi robes..... i like this version of jedi robes cause it has a tail in the back it scoops down.... and i like how it doesnt have tabbards. Ive had it finished for quite awhile aexcept i dont have shoulder armor. I think ill wear this costume at C3. if anyone has suggestions on what to use for shoulder armor it would help

7. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    I've add3ed a few more. Verpine Fiber and Zal Alloy Meshes, Heavy Flex Armour, Krath Holy Battlesuit, Atton's and Mira's suits.

8. Dark-Olsson

Dark-Olsson Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2004
    Anyone have some good pictures off Darth Malaks lightsaber? I found this: http://www.thelightsaber.com/WorkFolder/SmallSFW/XSM1.jpg

But i would like more pictures and other info..

9. TB-1866

TB-1866 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2003
    Here's a pic of my Darth Nihilus costume.

http://www.cft.com/raven/Images/nmNihilus.jpg

10. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Xanthe, if it's not too much trouble, could you post pictures of your KOTOR Jedi robes? I've been wondering for some time if anyone had managed to make that tunic yet.

Also, how difficult was it to make the tunic?

Any help here would be appreciated, as I've decided on a KOTOR-era Jedi costume as my next costume project. :)

11. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    does anyone have any pics of the female sith from KOTOR2?

12. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Hmm dont think i got that far yet.. the only pics i have screenshotted are of the handmadiens in white and the Jedi Atris.

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I was only able to complete about half of my Bastila costume in time for C3 - I'm still missing the shoulder pieces, gauntlets, a better collar, and some pieces on the back and belt - but here is the work in progress.

The suede worked out fairly well, and I'm glad I went with it over vinyl. The stuff frays like crazy though; I had to do a close-stitched overlock stitch on all edges. Given that the reference pictures seem to show some sort of border around the edges of the pieces, this actually worked out very well for visual effect - even if it was a bit of a pain to edge it all.

14. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    You mean Visas? As a matter of fact, yes. I think she just got bumped up on my list of costumes, since I did pretty much all of my research one night while I was taking a break from my CS homework.

Here she is without the lightsaber, and here she is with the saber on. And this is with the saber I had her on for most of the game. I also have a scan of my notebook page of doodles and general thoughts on construction, if you're interested.

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    any help would be good... I am putting her on my list of possible costumes.

16. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Visas is also a costume i would love to do.

17. Ziska_Ames

Ziska_Ames Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I did a Bastila for C3. I have never made a costume before this one, so it could have been better. But I was working with extremely limited knowledge. Here's a decent picture of the frontish with a Visas I found wandering around. http://community.webshots.com/photo/331822175/331822629jsPMxU#

I also had to improvise with the "sword belt" because my lightsaber didn't have a covertec clip or anything. It's homemade by my boyfriend so I wrapped hair ties around the end to hang it from the belt.

This pics not bad either. http://community.webshots.com/photo/331903444/331904079TZSRhN

Sorry, I never really posed to show off the costume for designers. :) Anywho, I also added the little baggy to carry money and such so that's not acurate to the costume.

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    heck I think it looks really good...

19. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  20. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, I was the Bastila #3 at Celebration! But my costume wasn't finished either. It was all I could do in a week and a half.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/Marianne_Solav/Bastila/bastilac3.jpg

The unitard was still too big (after taking the seams 3 times!) and as the weekend advanced, it was getting looser.

I have faux leather in a slightly different color to add the pieces that overlap and I will also double the descending pieces so you can't see the wrong side of the faux leather anymore. And my saber actually lights up, but I can't find any good pics of it because they were taken with flash!

And I want to do the belt and some pouches to carry stuff next time! Possibly spats to go over my boots...

21. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    No one's costume is ever trully finished, I think. I know mine isn't. But all of those are excellent starts for Bastilla. I really like the suede.

22. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks, Master_Byrd.

Marianne, we ran into each other at the Celebration@ Celebration party. Good job, and I especially liked the lightsaber.

23. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, here's my scan of doodles and general thoughts on the costume. Brought to you by a very bored student in a dull art history lecture.

[image=http://spacefemmites.com/users/downwithhydrogen/pictures/visas-concept.jpg]

24. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    I'll screencap her for you! Anything else you'd like?

25. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Marianne, we ran into each other at the Celebration@ Celebration party. Good job, and I especially liked the lightsaber.

Yes, I remember you. Thanks! :) Your costume was great. Amazingly detailed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.