main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR/KOTOR2 Synopsis

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Coonsan, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Could anyone on here that is very familiar with the games give me a run down of all that happens in them: Events, characters, etc. This is for someone who has only watched the first couple levels of KOTOR be played and also has no background in the KOTOR comics. I just feel left out from conversations concerning Revan, Bastila, Malak, Sion, etc. EIther that or direct me to a place where I could find the info. Wookieepedia helped but I couldn't find a sequence of events or anything, just character bios that are hard to match up. Thanks for help.

2. Shrimpus

Shrimpus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2006
    Okay then the grand tour it is then. I warn you once that I am going to be spoiling like mad and there is really no way to interpret this without them. Second I am going to be telling the tale with suppositions and as more of a complete timeline. Finally I am going to add in some amendments to he end of KOTOR two as it is sort of unfinished.

So, our tale starts with Revan. According to his one time teacher Kreia revan was born just like anyone else, to a mother and a father. Canonically revan is considered a male, and in the game his path is that of the light side. Revan was inducted into the Jedi order and quickly rose in status. He was a brilliant student both in the force and in his raw intellegence and learning. A quality that was if not lacking in the order rare. He quickly became a knight and studied under many masters learning all that they could teach him. He was never awarded the title of master because he never took a padawan. Still he was accorded status and respect due to his intellegence and power. Kreia claimed that to look upon him was to look upon the heart of the force.

It was after his final tutelage under Kreia (his last master as well as his first), that an unknown force goaded the Mandalorians to attack the republic. It is surmised that the True Sith may have sent them on their conquests but whoever it was they were manipulated into their second crusade. The Mandalorians a warrior culture of unparalled ferocity tore through the rebulics borders through a viscious campaign of brutality and tactics. Revan and other younger Knights argued with the council to intervene, but the council refused. Unable to stand by and watch Revan and his friend and junior malak swept up a large number of disgruntled jedi, knights padawans and even masters and took them into the battle. This marked the turning point of the war.

Revan was a brilliant tactician and strategist, he was said to have been able to predict the flows of an entire war as well as individual battles and engagements. His friend Malak proved to be the heart of his forces a righteous champion. Many of the characters of both games come from Revans war. The mandalorians were pushed back by revans ruthless and brilliant assualt. Under the command of His General (The exile, main character of kotor 2) and with the aid of soldiers such as Carth Onasi and Atton Rand. However the war changed both revan and malak. They came to emulate those that they destroyed, adopting the mandalorians hatred for weakness and indecision. It was this transformation that lead the prodigal knight to make a dark decision upon the surface of Malachor V.

Malachor V was one of the border worlds of the ancient sith imperium, like Korriban it was a dark nexus, but unlike Korriban it held the Trayus Academy, a center for sith knowledge far surpassing the tombs of Korriban. Revan ensonced himself in the knowledge of the trayas academy and learned of the sith, both their ways and teaching as well as the threat they posed to the Galaxy. It was there he made a decision, that the Rebulic was too weak to withstand what was to come unless it was forged into something stronger.

It was at Malachor that the war ended. After destroying the mandalorian command center in a brutal and bloody assualt on the jungle moon of Dxun revan used the Mandalorian Taboo that malachor represented to lure them into a trap. Sending elements of his fleet that he considered a liabilty to malachor he used the planets unique gravitic field to intiate a super weapon devised by the Iridonian Technician Bao Dur. The Jedi General gave the order and the Mandalorians were dealt their death blow. Revan Slew mandalore the ultimate in combat and the war was over.

The battle at malachor however had its price. The death screams of millions of men and women blinded the Jedi General From the force and inspired men like Carth Onasi to return to the republic. The general stood trial for revans disobidience and was exiled. Believing that it was the cou

3. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

If you are interested in what happens in the game, why not just play it. While the person that posted the Synopsis did a good job, it really doesn't sound that interesting when put that way. To understand the story, it's best if you experience it first hand. There are alot of nuances that will help give the game a much richer experience for you.

I mean, think about someone asking you to give the a breif synopsis of the Star Wars saga (Just the films.) I imagine they would be like "wow, you like really dumb movies."

Carnage

4. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Because not everyone has an XBOX or a computer that is good enough to play the games.

I, for one, also appreciate that rundown.

5. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Exactly.

Thank you, that was an amazing synopsis and I really appreciate it. I understand KOTORI very nicely now, thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it. I get it now, that character you play in KOTORI is Revan. Makes sense now.

6. TheOneX

TheOneX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I thought it was extremely interesting like that and unless you can make a better more interesting one, that is the best synopsis of KOTOR that I have ever seen.

7. Shrimpus

Shrimpus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2006
    Restarting our tale from teh moments that Reven left for the unknown regions.

Searching for meaning, Kreia, Revans first master left on a search for knowledge. It is hinted that she was exiled from the order for her investigations. Her search finally brought her to malachor V, where she uncovered the Trayas aceademy as REvan had before her. But unlike revan she was not strong enough to wholly withstand the academy. With her student Sion, and the entity known as Nihilus. A wound in the force created by the destruction of malachor and sharing a odd connection to the exiled general she formed a sith triumvirate. Consisting of herself, Darth Traya, Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus. Each one of them learned one of the lessons that the Trayus academy could teach. Sion learned pain, his body fracturing and breaking such that it was only the will of him and the energy and hatred that the constant agony he was in inspired held him together. Nihilus learned hunger and in learning lost himself. He was no longer a man but a force of nature. Traya learned betrayal and was herself in turn betrayed. IMpatient for action and unwilling to put up with her manipulative guidance Nihilus and Sion broke her upon their power and caast her down, drained and weakend.

Sion and Nihilus then set out to destroy the Jedi, each in their own way. IN the mean time the Jedi order sensed that something was amiss and already reeling from the damage that the Jedi Civil war (revans war) had inflicted went into hiding. It was at this time Atris, one of the Jedi masters who had stood in judgement of the exile hatched her own plot to say the Jedi order. She using a cadre of Echani sisters trained to be resitant to the force set up a watchdog organization for the Jedi with her at the head. In the mean time she following the path of Traya before her gathered ancient knowledge and was corrupted by it, becoming the Darth Traya that the balance of the force at the moment demanded.

Meanwhile Sions assassins began to strike and the jedi counsel went to the world of Katarr, where the force sensitive Miraluka lived. Reknowned seers the council hoped to see the danger that was stalking them. This was a mistake. Darth Nihilus could not resist such a morsel and the lord of hunger made himself known. He escaped the gravity of malachor on a ruined ship driven by his own will, the corpse of the Ravager. he arrived on Katarr and killed it. His unique nature, beign a force wound allowed him to easily form bonds to others that he could not form to te force directly. Such was his hunger that he reached out to every single being on the planet, every life form and consumed it. Killing the entire Jedi council and every one of the miraluka save one. Visas Marr never knew why she was spared, but Nihilus took her on as a pet and a servant, after forcing her to see the Galaxy as he saw it, and to see the death of her world. Breaking her sight to his service. A few jedi masters survived, those that had gone into hiding before the coucil went to Katarr, Atris, Kavar, Zez-kai Ell, Vrook Lamar and Lonna Vash. The masters who had coincidentally stood in judgement of the Exiled General. And had been scared into hiding by what they had seen in her, the death of the force.

Sions assassin continued to strike and Nihilus hovered at the edge of the galaxy his hunger momentarily sated. It was at this point that Atris decided that she lure the sith out to be destroyed. Still considering herself a Jedi master she leaked the whereabouts of the Exiled General and then manipulated the republic to pick her up. Meanwhile Kreia, weakened and desparate, seizes upon the exile as a plan of action. Guided by the force or perhaps using the force she locates the Ebon Hawk, aboard is Revan's Droid T3-M4 and the disabled HK-47. Quickly intercepting the Republic Cruiser Harbinger on which the Exile was being transported, she spirited her away from under the nose of Darth Sion and a HK-50 assassin driod that had crippled the ship in preparat

8. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Wow, everyone jumped down my throat on this one quickly enough. ;) The Synopsis was well written. Nice job. I could not have done better. I was merely suggesting that the game experience is MUCH better than even the best synopsis. It really makes it feel better if you "Lived" the adventure.

Carnage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.