main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit KOTOR: new series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Jan 16, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Would you like to see a novel/comic series of KOTOR focussing on what happened after KOTOR 2 ended?
    Or would you like to see a series focusing and Revan, Kreia, Nihilus, Sion... involving how they turned to the Dark Side.
    Do you want to see a series involving the end of the Mandalorian Wars (Malachor 5) and the beginning of the Dark Wars?

Kyris Cavisek and I were discussing this on another thread. I thought it would be nice to create a thread of its own about this.

Ideas! Thoughts!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Considering how successful Zayne's story was, I would have no objection to stories focusing on Kreia, Nihilus, Sion, and the events you mentioned. Revan's fall has been handled in the novel Revan. And as for a post-KOTOR2 comics, you'd have to keep TOR in mind so as not to disrupt continuity.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    All of the above.

And I was upset when I opened this thread and it wasn't an announcement about an actual new series. :(

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Thirded.

6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Fourthed

7. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Unless Chris Avellone is the writer I don't really want them to follow up directly from Kotor 2.

Avellone has done Star Wars comics before, so it's not even a stretch.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, unfortunately a comic post KOTOR II couldn't really touch the Exile (unless it's in the brief period before she goes off and has merry adventures with Revan). That said, I would love a KOTOR style story set in the aftermath of KOTOR II, with cameos of the Jedi Council, AKA the crew from KOTOR II.

9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I just want them to do well on TOR series, no need to overly expand the back stories.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Sure, a new KOTOR series would be nice.

But after Knight Errant being mediocre and KOTOR: War being atrocious, I'd like it to be by someone other than JJM.

darthzac14 and Darth__Syphilis like this.
  11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    For a second, I got super excited cause I was all like "Well, they brought Legacy back, so this must be true", but now I am both let down and slightly enraged.

Watch out folks, hell hath no fury like a Mon Cal scorned.

--Adm. Nick

Ulicus likes this.
  12. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Thought this was an announcement thread as well. This happens too much around here.[face_waiting]

Ulicus likes this.
  13. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    At first I was like[face_hypnotized]=D=^:)^:)

But then I was like :_|=((:(

I just started buying the first series and I finished issue 35. I only have 20 issues left. I need more fix!

Zorrixor likes this.
  14. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks for the shout out there, GEN Immodet...

Yeah, we discussed another book during the Mando Wars with Revan, Malak, Meetra, and Bastilla as like the higher ups... Maybe Zayne has run ins with Kriea, Atris, Sion and Nihilius before they went crazy

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    But more interesting would be what I would call the KOTOR 3 book...

Basically my premise was Atton Rand bands together with Bao Dur and Mira to rebuild the Jedi Order.
    Micah and Brianna start a relationship, they blaze new trails together.
    Jolle Bindo and Juhanni return...
    Possibly a Shan child being brought in as training apprentice.

Mission Vao and Big Z would play as new Han/Chewie combo working often with the New Old Jedi... (small appearance)

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    You know what I want? A Revan and Exile novel. You know how awesome that would be?!

I vehemently despise 'TOR: Revan' and refuse to acknowledge that steaming pile of bantha poo-doo...

Zorrixor and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  17. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I could see a post KOTOR comic that deals with A.the aftermath of KOTOR and B. Zayne later in his life. Maybe have them combine in some fancy way.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Wow I sound pompous don't I?

19. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    You only sound pompous when you're so full of yourself that you think your pompous :D

But why would you think that? We love you here ma broseph!

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought the italic I was directed at me... I didn't see what you did there...

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh, I just used an italic to emphasize it

EDIT: It meaning me :p

22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyways... Atton Rand book... Post KOTOR 2, with Mira and Bao Dur supporting....

23. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The relationship between Revan and Kreia could still be explored.
    The Battle of Malachor 5 could be expanded, so...

24. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Didn't Bao-Dur die, and that's why you have to play as his remote on Malachor? Or is that not canon since they didn't have time to program the cinematic?

Btw since this is the ten-year-anniversary of KOTOR, how do we force LA to re-release both games with updated graphics and gameplay and all cut content restored? Someone get on that.

Kyris Cavisek and Zorrixor like this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I wish the video game industry would do things like this more often in general.

Aside from a few token examples, like Halo: Anniversary or the remakes of some of the earlier Final Fantasy games, there has just so rarely ever been re-releases despite frequent campaigns for certain games. It's done in every other artistic medium with films being remade, new novels written about the same classic characters, television shows remade, but when it comes to video games...?

Sure, some people will always moan that the original was better, but all those people too young to remember will just finally be able to enjoy a classic for the first time.

But instead of a Dark Forces remake, they give us things like Lethal Alliance. [face_sigh]