main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends KOTOR - Proclivity (Kotor AU - Vandar, Bastila, Revan) - **Completed 2/15/06**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WyoJedi, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    [image=http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/wyojedi/k1-proclivity.jpg]

Title: KOTOR - Proclivity
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Kotor just following battle at the Star Forge
    Characters: Vandar, Bastila, Revan, Carth, Admiral Dodonna
    Genre: AU, drama, mystery
    Tagline: When you have served both sides, where does your true nature lie?
    Author's Notes: This idea began as a simple viggie and has evolved into something far greater and complicated. Hope you like. Proclivity ? Tendency; a natural inclination; predisposition
    Disclaimer: Thanks to George Lucas for creating a world I can lose myself in.

As the flagship of the Republic fleet rocked violently, control panels exploded scattering soldiers and crewmen throughout the bridge. One young soldier, his face and chest scorched by the blast of his control section, landed with a great thud beside a squat Jedi master, his last breath expelled by the force of the fall.

Vandar Tokare did not move from his sad, silent stance as men continued to fall and die around him. He watched through the ship?s view port as the Republic fleet was systematically picked apart by the continuously growing coordination of the Sith forces. And he knew far better than anyone else the reason for their amazing synchronization. Someone was using Jedi Battle Meditation to assist the Sith, someone Vandar knew extremely well -- Bastila Shan.

The realization of Bastila?s betrayal only came as the Sith forces established their choke hold on the Republic fleet. He had been so trusting of Bastila and her abilities to bring them victory. They all had. The Council had believed their training and wisdom would keep her from the dark side. Now their failure was complete.

Another explosion shook the vessel as Admiral Dodonna came running toward the Jedi master, trying desperately to keep her balance.

?We?re hedged in! I can?t get any closer to that Star Forge and the fleet is being torn to shreds. We need to retreat.?

?I believe that is a wise decision, Admiral.?

Admiral Dodonna gave the order just before a massive Sith assault vibrated through the ship, causing it to list to the port side and throwing everyone to the ground.

?Admiral, we?ve lost helm control! Port stabilizers are offline! Engines are out! Shields are down! Weapons? are gone.? All color drained from the crewman?s face as he looked at Dodonna. ?We?re dead in space, Ma?am.?

Admiral Dodonna was silent, her mind racing to find a solution to their situation. Suddenly a blast ripped through helm control sending the crewman through the air to land at Dodonna?s feet, his face frozen in horror.

From across the room, Dodonna?s XO shouted, ?Six fighters coming in dead ahead!?

As they watched helplessly, the fighters came hard and fast on a collision course.

?What now, Master Vandar??

?Now? the Republic will fall.?

The fighters impacted in a flash of white.

Vandar awoke to find himself over Admiral Dodonna?s shoulder being hustled away from the burning bridge section. As the Sith barrage continued to rock the ship and explosions filled the corridor, Vandar spoke out.

?Admiral, a question please...?

Dodonna, anticipating his question, cut him off with a quit response.

?The ship is breaking apart. I ordered all hands to abandon ship, and I?m getting you to an escape pod.?

Within moments they were at the escape pods and Vandar climbed down from the Admiral?s shoulder to enter the pod a little unsteadily. Dodonna bent down to enter just as the console behind her sparked and blew up, searing her back and thrusting her into the pod in a lifeless heap.

As they spiraled away from the capital ship its center glowed white for a split second before the entire vessel was engulfed in a miniature supernova. Vandar looked from the empty space that had been the Republic ship to Admiral Dodonna?s unconscious form and sighed within himself before closing his eyes in exhaustion as all became dark.

2. DarkMan77

DarkMan77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Excellent start Wyo! very compelling. There is more to come i hope?

3. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Thanks for the comments.
    Oh yeah,much more to come, not to worry. I guess I could put a 'to be continued' in there.

Wyo

4. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Hmmm, I like this. It's an interesting take on the DS ending of KotOR. I didn't think Master Vandar and Dodonna would go down as easily as they seemed to in the game. The part with Revan punishing the Sith captain was good as well. I think I flinched a bit when his hand was cut off, and what Revan said rings so true in KotOR.

Nicely done!

5. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    great start! i LOVE your bastila and revan! they're so EVIL!! quite the couple! they dealt with the underling in true sith fashion!
    look forward to more!=D=

6. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Thanks for all the nice words.

SabyneAmberle: Glad you like it so far. Yeah, when I wrote the scene where Bastila slices off his hand I had shivers running down my back. It was such a manipulative move, I couldn't pass it up.

obi_webb: Thanks. I really tried to get into their heads and figure out how devious they could be together. Glad you approve.

I should have more up in a couple days, as long as Darth Real Life doesn't beat me down too much.

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. darthgriz98

darthgriz98 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2004
    i like it so far dark side romances are sweet

8. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Well, here's part 2... a lot of set up in this update, but I promise it is important to the story. Anyway, hope you enjoy. As always, comments are more than welcome.

Wyo

The soothing sounds of a rolling surf roused Vandar into consciousness. He opened his eyes and began to lift himself off the soft sand, only to be gently lowered back down by the firm hand of a scruffy bearded man in a Republic uniform.

?You?re? you?re??

?Yes. I?m Carth Onasi. I?m a soldier with the Republic. We met at the enclave on Dantooine. I was with? Revan and Bastila.?

A sadness crept over Carth?s face as he looked out over the seascape. He shook the feelings away as quickly as they had appeared. Vandar nodded his acknowledgement and attempted to rise once more. Again, Carth forced him back down.

?Captain? let me up.?

?No can do. You need to rest. You and the Admiral have been through quite an adventure, it appears. No doubt you went after the Star Forge.?

Vandar bolted upright before Carth could react.

?The Admiral! Is she??

?She?ll be alright. A number of cuts and bruises, pretty bad burns to her back? otherwise no worse for the wear. I?ve given her a number of kolto treatments to speed the healing process. She should be good as new in a day or two.?

?We do not have a day or two, Captain.?

Carth looked at him, already knowing the answer to his question.

?What do you mean we don?t??

Vandar?s looked up into the sky, his face was emotionless.

?Revan knows we are alive. He will track us to this planet. And when he does, he will come for us.?

Carth was almost beside himself with fear, anger, and frustration.

?Then what can we? I mean, how could he? Are we going to just sit here and wait for him to cut us down like he did poor Mission??

Vandar turned back toward him, his eyes full of determination, and a bit of sadness.

?We must find a place of advantage. Somewhere we can finally end this Sith threat.?

?But he has all the forces of the Sith at his disposal. There is no way we can stand against that kind of power??

As he looked back toward the sky Vandar?s voice was low.

?No, they will come alone.?

?They??

?Revan? and Bastila.?

?So how did you get the One to help us get into this temple??

Carth was quite astonished at the Rakata cheiftan?s willingness to assist them.

?The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded.?

Vandar spoke so matter-of-factly that Carth couldn?t help but grin widely at the Jedi Master. Composing himself, Carth leaned against a nearby wall to relieve some of the pressure on his legs as he carried the Admiral.

?Well? we?re inside. So now what do we do??

?First, we must find a safe place to hide the Admiral away. Then we will go to the top of this structure. I believe that will be the most tactically advantageous position.?

?That sounds about right. However, you do realize that Revan and Bastila know this temple. They have both been here before.?

Vandar looked around the hallway they were walking through. All throughout the area droid parts and dark Jedi were strewn about.

?Yes, that much is obvious.?

After they had safely sequestered Admiral Dodonna, Carth and Vandar continued their ascent to the temple?s peak. As they reached their destination Vandar?s countenance fell. Before him lay the still forms of Jolee Bindo and Juhani. Slowly he marched over to their bodies and knelt beside them. Carth waited a few moments before joining him.

?They refused to join Revan?s mad quest for power. I knew he had done this, but??

?We don?t really have the time to grieve now. I need to prepare them for a Jedi funeral. If you could please watch over the Admiral? This is a very private event.?

?Oh? yeah? of course.?

Dusk soon approached and Vandar stood by the two funeral pyres on the temple roof. His eyes followed the flames and smoke skyward as he stretched out into the Force, seeking guidance on what the future held. All his visions were clouded by dark po

9. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    great update! =D= it was cool seeing vandar teamed up with carth... i have a feeling revan and bastila will have their hands full with them!
    loved bastila's reaction to the newly amputated captain, and her and revan's kiss was how i would picture it would be if they were both Sith..
    nicely done! :cool:

10. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Feedback time again...

darthgriz98: Sorry I didn't see your post before I updated. I'm glad you like it so far. I hadn't really planned for Revan and Bastila's romance to play such a large part in this, but somehow they keep bringing it up. Darn these character driven stories (j/k). Thanks for your comments.

obi_webb:Thanks for the kudos! If you're looking forward to the confrontation, then the next update will be right up your alley. And the kiss... even I am surprised by the deceit these two are capable of. Thanks again.

Next update hopefully coming soon.

Cheers,
    Wyo

11. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Woohoo, I finally got another update done. Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Wyo

The Ebon Hawk settled gently on the all too familiar beach on Rakata. Stepping off the ship Revan and Bastila scanned the area and noticed the empty escape pod to their left.

?Well, it would seem we are in the right spot.?

They followed the path leading to the temple structure. Bastila paused to look out over the ocean view. Revan turned and watched the moonlight dance across her face. When this is all over we really must take a vacation, he thought.

?Beautiful, isn?t it.?

Bastila had spoken without taking her eyes off the sight before her. Revan?s grin widened as he continued to take in the dark form of his apprentice and beloved.

?Yes she is.?

Bastila looked back over her shoulder and caught Revan?s gaze. His warm smile caused color to rise up from under her collar making her cheeks a bright pink. She turned fully around and walked over to him, placing her arms around his neck and pressing her body close to his.

?Perhaps we should get back to the task at hand, my love.?

Revan tightened his arms about her waist, not wanting the moment to end. Grudgingly he released her and held her at arms length, his hands upon her shoulders.

?Yes? perhaps we should.?

They continued their march to the temple, instinctively walking hand in hand. As they rounded the last corner of the path into the open field where the temple resided, they saw two small peaks of flame and smoke rising from the top.

?Ah? so nice of them to leave a signal fire for us.?

They approached the structure cautiously taking in the entire area, anticipating some sort of futile resistance. Meeting none they continued on their way to the main entrance. The blue emanations of the force field barring their way strobed and hummed in defiance.

?Master, should we seek out the Rakatans to lower the shields??

Revan, clearly frustrated by this development, turned to his apprentice.

?No. We do not have the time and I refuse to accept their? rites? as necessary.?

He turned back to the entrance and raised both hands in front of himself. His face contorted into a furious scowl as he delivered a massive Force strike at the shielding. The field wavered with each assault before finally collapsing in a bright explosion.

The explosion shook the temple and caused Vandar to stumble a bit. He knew the cause for the tremor. Revan and Bastila had finally arrived. He made his way to the archway where only recently Bastila herself had stood in dark glory. Her G-wing fighter still remained, positioned at Vandar?s back while his eyes focused intently on the single entryway to the roof. Slowly he moved his hand to his belt, removed his lightsaber, and held it, deactivated, loosely at his side.

?I am ready Revan. Let us end this.?

Carth jumped up at the sound and trembling from the explosion. He looked quickly to Admiral Dodonna who remained unconscious and oblivious to their dangerous situation. He moved to the door and listened intently to the hallway beyond. He could hear a distinct and deliberate click, click, click, as the sound from Revan and Bastila?s boot heels echoed through the hall. He stepped back two paces from the door and drew out two pistols ? his modified Republic blaster and a Zabrak Tystel Mark III. He held them both up and flexed his hands around the grips before leveling them at the door. Quietly he recited his mantra.

?Time to rumble.?

Revan and Bastila stepped through the doorway into the anteroom of the temple roof. They slowly turned their gaze to each other, sensing through their bond the thought that occupied each of their minds? Destroy the Jedi. They cautiously stepped to the archway leading to the open summit.

Upon seeing Vandar across the way, Revan?s mind was taken back to the recent events in this place. Here his feelings for Bastila were fully realized ? Here he had given himself to the Dark Side? Here he had slaughtered Jolee and Juhani? Here he had no regrets.

Likewise, Bastila f

12. DarkMan77

Mar 23, 2005
    That was awesome Wyo! I loved the interaction between Revan and Vandar.
    So Carth is back, eh! Hmmm

Keep up the good work my friend!

FanFic Greetings [face_peace]

13. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    DarkMan77: Thanks. I really had a lot of fun writing that updat, especially the duel scene. I just hope it came across as well as I imagined.

Cheers,
    Wyo.

14. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    awesome update!=D=
    revan breaking down the force field to the temple was a cool moment and i LOVED carth saying "ready to rumble!"
    great fight scene too!
    fantastic way to end things with vandar saying "we have his heart"
    about them having bastila now!
    THAT is an interesting development!

15. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    Wow, thanks for the fantastic fan fiction WyoJedi. I really like the way you write and bring the characters to life, Bastilla and Revan especially. The way you describe their relationship is truly believable. Great job WyoJedi!

16. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    obi_webb: Glad to hear you enjoyed the update. I had hoped someone would comment on the last line. That was my favorite line of the entire update. Keep watching. I'm hoping to throw in a few more 'interesting developments' as the story proceeds. Thanks.

LordMajinn: Welcome to my fic! Glad to see you're enjoying the story. Thanks for the nod on Bastila and Revan. I think I've spent the most time delving into their characters than any other. Thanks again for reading.

Cheers to all,
    Wyo

17. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Here's the latest update. I don't know if I'll get another one up before Christmas, but I will keep working on it. Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Wyo

The G-wing landed easily in the hanger bay of the Star Forge and Revan quickly exited the fighter. He strode purposefully toward the door leading to the interior of the factory, his face frozen in grim seriousness. A lieutenant bowed low as Revan walked by, a confused look on his face.

?Pardon me, my lord. Where is Lady Bastila??

Revan stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face the lieutenant. He raised his hand as the Force began to press against the young man?s throat. The lieutenant fought for breath as he felt himself being lifted off the ground. Revan?s words were filled with malice.

?You picked the wrong day to pry into things which do not concern you.?

The sound of bones crushing filled the hanger. The lieutenant?s lifeless body remained suspended in midair as Revan continued to squeeze every ounce of life from him. With a quick motion, Revan dropped his hand and the lieutenant?s body fell to the floor like a sack of bantha fodder. Revan began to leave again then abruptly stopped and focused his attention on the nearest person in the hanger.

?Crewman, who is the commander of the fleet??

The crewman, obviously shaken up by the demise of his supervisor, stumbled over his answer.

?Ah? umm? You are, my lord.?

Revan rolled his eyes and let out a heavy breath. I hope my forces aren?t full of such nitwits, he thought. He drew closer to the crewman, raised his hand and pointed directly between the crewman?s eyes as he spoke again.

?Enough sucking up, crewman. I need to know, who is the Admiral in command of the fleet??

Still nervous, yet relieved to be alive after giving such an obvious play on Revan?s ego, the crewman cleared his throat and regained some composure before answering.

?Oh? of course, my lord? that would be? Admiral Priva, on the Decimator.?

?Very good. Contact Admiral Priva. Tell him I wish to meet with him and his XO in the command center in one hour. Is that clear? Lieutenant??

The last statement brought a gleam to the young man?s eyes and his lips curved into a great smile. He bowed before the Sith Lord and spoke with a new found confidence.

?Yes, my lord. It shall be done.?

Revan nodded and resumed his trek toward the exit. As the door opened Revan turned back to the newly promoted lieutenant. He motioned to the former hanger officer?s dead form.

?And see that you have that mess cleaned up before he arrives, will you??

An hour later Admiral Hugo Priva and his executive officer, Captain Danil Teague, entered the command center. Revan measured them up as they neared him. The two were a symphony of contradictions.

Priva, Admiral of the Sith Fleet, was a short, portly man with thinning hair and a homely, unassuming face. His stance bespoke hesitancy, lack of discipline. To look at him, one would never think that he had been a highly decorated officer of the Republic and a master strategist, the very paragon of military order.

Captain Teague was tall and strong, his jaw was set like granite, with steel blue eyes that gave an icy glare. When he stood his back was straight, chest out, shoulders back at perfect attention. However, indecision and wavering conclusions plagued him. His devotion to military authority and order had been questioned time and again.

Admiral Priva bowed before the Dark Lord, Captain Teague following suit hesitantly. ?You requested our presence, Lord Revan??

?Admiral, as commander of the fleet you know the strength and capabilities of our forces. You also oversee the construction capabilities of this Star Forge, correct??

?Yes sir.?

Revan turned and paced a short distance from the two officers. The tension in the room became increasingly thick, and Captain Teague began to fidget uncontrollably. Admiral Priva glared at his subordinate who brought himself under control, though his face still shone with overt nervousness. Revan, his back

18. DarkMan77

Mar 23, 2005
    So, Revan is preparing to attack Coruscant. That's will not be easy! can't wait to see what happens.
    Good stuff Wyo!

FanFic greetings [face_peace]

19. XmasYodaFanBoy

XmasYodaFanBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    Incredible Job! If your doing PM's id really like one. Again great job!

=D= =D=

20. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    DarkMan77: I'm kind of looking forward to how this works out myself. I have the basic idea but it keeps evolving. Thanks for your comments, my friend. Always welcome.

XmasYodaFanBoy: Welcome! Glad you like it so far. Thanks for reading. I haven't started doing any PMs yet, but I can certainly send you one when I update. Thanks again.

If anyone else wants a PM when I update, just let me know and I'll send one your way.

By the way, this is my 50th post. WOOHOO!

Cheers,
    Wyo

21. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    revan certainly knows how to punish his underlings doesn't he? [face_devil]
    i like how revan is willing to attack coruscant to save his love! it'll be interesting to see how THAT goes for him!
    =D=

22. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    obi_webb: Revan is certainly brutal. His people just seem to have a knack of getting on his bad side. Plus I kind of enjoy writing the dark stuff :)
    I do hope that his going to Coruscant will be intereating. But be prepared for some surprises.

Cheers,
    Wyo

23. XmasYodaFanBoy

XmasYodaFanBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2005
    Cant wait to see what happens next. I havent read or done any KOTOR fics so this is exciting.

24. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    So I really like what you are doing with this story so far. I cant wait to see what you do with this.

25. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    Once again WyoJedi your fan-fiction brings a smile to my face! I like how Revan's willing to risk attacking Coruscant to save Bastilla. Revan certainly is brutal, I'd hate to be one of his officers! Great job again WyoJedi!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.