main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends (KotOR) Road to Mandalore. (Updated 10/27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dar_manda, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    Ok so this is my first attempt at a Star Wars, story. Con-crit is welcomed. If you spot a spelling error please point it out to me via PM, I'm dyslexic and I sometimes can't see them. Please read and enjoy! I'll update it when I get prodded to.

Title: Road to Mandalore
    Author(s): Dar_manda
    Timeframe: Between KotOR I and II
    Characters: Canderous Ordo (Cameos by Revan and Carth Onasi) and a cast of OC
    Genre: Action/comedy
    Keywords: Mandalorian, Sith.
    Summary: Canderous has a mission to perform, but can he fight both himself and the rest of the Galaxy to get what he wants, or will he fail both himself and his entire culture?

Notes: If there is anything inaccurate, canon-wise here, please tell me and I'll get on to correcting it. If you need translatons for the mando'a used please feel free to PM me.

Canderous was not a happy man, he'd not slept for a week, the shower in his room was broken and he was hungry. It had been maybe a year since he'd travelled with Revan, and he hoped he would never see another Jedi again. It would mean he could die a happy man, in his bed if he really had to, if he never met an another one for the rest of his days.

He sat at the bar in the cantina and thought about his life, he remembered his many battles in the war, victories and defeats. The light under the bar hummed gently, reminding him of a lightsaber in full spate, his shoulders dropped at the thought, and he ordered another drink. He spun around on his seat and watched the two dancing Twi'lek absently. Revan had hated slavery to the extent that he had bought a slave and freed her. Canderous didn't care either way, he'd seen most things in his extensive travels and at the moment he just wanted some rest. The music changed slightly and a woman walked onto the stage between the Twi'lek. The cantina hushed, the music silencing. She was dressed in silks that moved of their own accord, the effect was spell binding and made even the group of other Mandalorians in a corner booth fall silent. Canderous was impressed, she had barely moved, a shiver ran through her silks like a Dantooine wind. She began to move, raising her arms above her head and pausing for the barest moment, before lowering them to waist height. Behind her veil she smiled, her mark identified.

She danced like a dust storm, swirling around and over the tables, whirling faster and faster, sometimes stopping, with the music following her movements with practised ease. Her silks shedding like leaves from a tree, eagerly snapped up by the watching audience, men and women alike spellbound by the intricate motion. She made everyone who watched her feel as though she danced for them alone, but Canderous ignored it. He was watching the other Mandalorians, and thinking about what Revan had said. Uniting the clans would not be easy, but there again nothing in his life had been so far.
    She leapt onto the bar like a cat, and her scent pulled him from his reverie, it was deep like an ocean, but free as the sands of Tatooine, it made him look into her face, actually look at her for the first time. As her eyes swallowed him he realised what was happening and raised his defences, his vehemence surprised her and she laughed behind her veil, whirling away to somewhere else. Canderous turned back to his drink as the music stopped and she disappeared from the room to riotous applause,the patrons banging on the tables with anything they could lay their hands on, including weapons. The Mandalorians in the booth had fallen back to whatever they had been talking about, he suspected he had been the topic, and as he considered joining them he scratched his neck. He growled to himself, his neck chain was gone. He checked the box by his feet, and the blaster holstered on his hip. He looked at his empty glass and sighed, finding a person like that should be fairly easy and he could use another one.

?Hey, I'll take another one of those.? He said, his head whipping around as someone behind him laid a hand on the small of his back. There was no-one there, bu

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    For your first piece of Star Wars fanfiction, that was really good. I really enjoy your descriptions, and it seems like you've got a good story going here! I'm eager to see what else happens!

And as for womenfolk, we play games 'cause it's fun. You're talking about stuff like Scrabble and Monopoly, right? :D

3. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Woah, it's Trika!:eek: [:D]
    I agree, that was really good! More, more, more![face_praying]
    And I stink at Scrabble.[face_frustrated]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning.

I bet that poor, silly woman will think twice before messing with Canderous again :p

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    The one and only. [face_mischief]

Up for the story! Gimme more lest you feel the wrath of the ljutefisk! :cool:

6. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Here you is.

He jogged down the corridor, not caring what went on around him, something about a shape in black caught his eye, but when he looked again, the shadow was gone. In a deserted side passage he dropped Dr'anni on the floor. She had fallen silent before they left the cantina, but she started to whimper when he sat down in front of her and put his blaster on the floor between them.

?Please no hurt me! Mandalory please no!? She tucked her legs up tight and looked into his eyes pleadingly. His face was a locked door to which she possessed no key. The silent, blank stare frightened her more than any rage would have done, and he knew it well. She wrapped her arms around her legs and, resting her face on her knees, began to sob. ?Mandalory kills me, he has to pay, I not knows, so he kills me anyway.? She began to rock gently, seemingly arguing with herself. ?But he promise take me back. So no kill me perhaps?? She made the mistake of looking up, but he had not moved, he was barely breathing. Her eyes darted out to the main concourse and she licked her lips. ?Mebbe Mandalory knows I not knows now and lets me'sa go?? She babbled, picking at her leggings. His deliberate movement caught her attention and her mouth dropped open as he picked up the blaster and cradled it in his lap. His hands moved over it and her gaze was torn between his hands and his eyes, still locked on her. He checked every part he could before raising the weapon to chest height. The end of the barrel became the deepest black hole in her universe.

?You're right I did say I'd take you back. I didn't say you'd still be able to dance.? She began to shake violently and he knew she had not been lying to him. She tossed the two credit chips to the floor in a desperate bid for her life, but he ignored them. It is amazing how any sentient creature remembers everything about it's final moments, a crystal clarity that few others can achieve even in a lifetime of meditation. She watched the tiniest muscles of his face for some sign of reprieve, noticed the slight bend in the tip of his index finger, laid across the trigger-guard, broken when he had ripped open a door on board a ship to escape a death in the emptiness of space. She shivered and closed her eyes. She was so certain of her imminent death that she shrieked when he touched her.

He walked back to the cantina and dropped her gently into a seat. He lost a brief internal struggle and dropped 300 credits on the table in front of her. She stared at it for a moment not comprehending, Canderous stared at it too, it was a lot of money to give away. The development of a conscience recently was a character flaw he did not like it in the least. But it was hard to refuse the image of a man who barely reached his chin, was half as wide as he was, and could throw Canderous across a room had he so desired. Not that Revan would ever have done that in his new frame of mind, but he would have been so disappointed in Canderous that he would have been cheerful at the veteran until he did what Revan wanted. He turned on his heel and walked out of the cantina, leaving a small piece of freedom in his wake.

Canderous sat on his new bed feeling slightly lost. He'd walked up to the main desk of his previous lodging and been told that the reason his access code no longer worked was because he'd been checked out. The young girl behind the desk had looked into his face when he calmly enquired where he was going to sleep, it was apparently not her problem and he should depart.

?What about the things I left in there?? He asked softly, his mind on the other, larger case containing his armour.

?The room was empty, sir? the pause each time she said 'sir' was beginning to get on his nerves. ?I'm afraid all I can do is contact Enforcement for you. There is a message for you however, here.? She held out an envelope, he took it and walked back onto the concourse.

He sat in silence, running through his hands repeatedly one of the items it had contained . A square of si

7. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Wow... well done! I have to say that some of your descriptions and metaphors are very unique... I'm liking the story a whole bunch. Can't wait to see more. :D

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    a shape in black caught his eye

Uh oh

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I'm so glad I wasn't on the receiving end of Canderous' stare.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Best thing is that you guys are on page 3 of 24. So if you want more, I'll do it.

10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I have no idea what's going on. But I will sure enough stay around to find out.:D

Great work!
    =D=

11. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Do I want more? Uh, TEH HECK YES! :D

12. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Here you are folks.
    Don't say I don't do anything for you!! :p

His breathing had barely slowed, when the balcony door opened almost silently the draught flapping the curtains around a figure that could not otherwise be seen. There was slight movement and the active camouflage hiding the figure dissipated and a woman appeared, covered almost completely in dark grey and black, her face and hands glowing in the pale light. She moved silently across the room and turned the tap off, blue metal glinting on her forearms. She walked to stand over her quarry. Bending down she righted his boots and picked up his jacket, folding it neatly and placing it over his boots. She eyed his holster and drummed her fingers on her thigh in indecision.

?The Force is with me.? She muttered. ?Except when I have to do something awful. Yes being Force-sensitive has advantages, but sometimes, just sometimes, I wish I'd never left the Academy. This was not what I had in mind as a glorious career.? She bit her lower lip and closing her eyes, touched his belt, he growled and his head twitched. The clasp clicked and she breathed a sigh of relief. Focussing her centre she lifted him off of the bed her fingers barely touching his hip. She looked at the bed expecting to see his blaster lying there, she put him down gently but hurriedly and screamed silently, balling her fists. With her eyes open this time she undid his holster belt, leaving his trouser belt undone. She dropped the holster with everything else and tucked the blaster under his pillow. She laid the cover over his legs and sprayed something close to his face. After covering her hand with a glove, she picked up the piece of silk, replacing it in his hand with a whole piece. Wrapping the silk in the glove and secreting it inside her top she checked his breathing and pulse.

He opened his eyes slightly as she leant over him, all he could see was her silhouette, the only thing that stayed with him was the flash of metallic blue at her wrist. He tried to sit up, struggling to come fully conscious. As he made it half way upright, she disappeared into thin air, leaving only the perfume to haunt him as he fell back into sleep.

It was dark and the space he occupied, he shared with something else. It shifted under him and as he realised where he was the bay doors in front of him opened, and he and his Basilisk dropped out of the ship. The familiar thrill ran through his blood as he felt the heat on the outside of his armour, his HUD showed the layers of protection that were ablating from man and machine on their descent onto the planet. An alarm sounded inside his helmet and he felt his blood freeze. His attitude was destabilizing so he fired a short burst and rolled slightly, but a different alarm had taken up the clamour for his attention. The forward armour was being eaten through faster than it should have been. At the rate it was going at, he would not make it through the atmosphere. He rolled the Basilisk once more to spread the load and he felt the first punch-through on the droid as keenly as he would have felt it on his own body. The end of the higher atmosphere brought only deteriorating telemetry that signalled the end of the Basilisk. He was falling, through the air, his armour was gone and the clouds scudded past him. Below was the red and desolate surface of Korriban and he could see the Academy burning, columns of smoke billowing around him. He shot through a cloud and the saw, as he shook vapour from his eyes, surface had changed to Telos. He watched the missiles land, sending ripples through the very crust of the planet. The cities shook and fell, crushing all within. Suddenly the ground was directly below him and he braced himself. At the last moment, it opened and he fell through it into darkness. There was firm ground beneath his feet and he walked forwards towards a small red light glowing like a lightsaber. It became so intense that he held up a hand in front of his face. The armour on it melted into his flesh, bu

13. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    This is so incredibly wonderful. The dream sequence was fantastically well done. PLEASE keep this up and PM me when you update!

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    arts fired out, impacting the plasteel wall, each small detonation stripping a part of his hope.

Canderous is not having a good day, is he? :p

I also loved the dream sequence - that was wonderfully written.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    I does get worse than that. [face_laugh] I'm glad you're all enjoying it and I'll update it shortly.

16. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    A nice big juicy update for you all.

Far below, she felt the calm acceptance of his situation as he tried to think of a way out. She focussed all of her strength onto him, she would have to catch him out of thin air. He was falling fast, increasing the weight load with which she would have to cope, but that was a minor issue for her to contend with. The major problem she had was that he was still cloaked, even the slight shimmer of imperfection would be a meaningless clue at that speed. She felt him falling, his utter calm diminishing his presence in the Force, and pushed off of the side of the building as hard as she could arcing up to meet him.

He felt her hand caress his chest and almost catch his shirt. Her now closed fist hit him square in the jaw, banging his teeth together and flipping him so that he was plunging to his death head down. She opened the clamp on her line and dropped after him. The pain of his jaw showed up like a light in the darkness, and she headed for it like a starving predator. She landed on him, her legs wrapping around his waist. Her left hand flew up to her right wrist to help absorb the impact of their arrested fall, and felt the heat build-up in the bracer from the friction of the just the line. She held it, gritting her teeth as it burned through her skin, and applied the braking clamp. The heat became almost unbearable and she realised, that despite her efforts, they were not slowing down as much as she would have hoped. She could not let go of Canderous and her panic was upsetting her focus. So she relaxed everything but her grip on him, the ground rushing up to meet them pushed from her mind, replaced with calm. They stopped suddenly, and rebounded a couple of feet, spinning on the end of the line. They dangled there for a few moments, twisting like bait on the end of a line. She opened her eyes and looked down at the ground, mercifully still quite a distance away. As she peeled her hand off of the bracer, it left behind a great deal of her skin and she stared at the blood dispassionately.

Canderous for his part, hung watching the ground spin below him, his hand throbbed and he examined it, opening the wounds gently. As he was deciding he had had worse, something wet struck his chin and he looked up at her, wiping his chin with the back of his uninjured hand.

?Line run out?? He said,

?Yeah,? she replied. ?Umm, I think you're slipping Canderous. Any suggestions??

?Just one,? he said, staring at her blood. ?Hold still, I'll get upright and that will give me a better grip.?

He swung his feet either side of her body and sat up, almost face to face with her, she smiled and he let go of her. Now upright he felt better, he crossed his ankles and she tucked her feet under him.

?Not exactly how I planned to have lunch, but I think it beats being poked with a sharp stick.?

?True.? He nodded. ?Is your pilot any good??

?About as good as I could get in the Republic. He was rotated out of the fleet 24 hours before the Battle of Malachor V. He was rather upset at the time. He knows who I'm here for and he's not exactly happy about it.?

?He's not a Telosian, with stupid hair a bad attitude and an ego you could crash a freighter into??

?No it's not Carth Onasi. But he did know him. Shall I ask him for a pick up? Or are you happy with the scenery??

?You make a good harness, but a bad window,? He looked around her. ?Speaking of which, we have company.? At a window behind her a group of men were setting up a large weapon, a heavy blaster by the look of it. There was a large explosion that blew them outwards, shards of glass flew past them and she gasped, blood welling out of her mouth. One big piece severed the tough line that was their only link to life. He put his arms around her as they dropped. Not very far, the ship rising below them a jarring impact that he absorbed most of. He heard the blaster power up and he rolled with her down the ship to the already open emergency hatch. He dropped her inside the ship and

17. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    w00t for disaster! I'm excited to read more... keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: You caught me posting to your earlier post. More to read is always good, though. :D

18. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Great job so far!=D= =D= =D=
    Keep it up!

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    You're updating too fast. Give an old lady a break to catch up, will you?:p

Great story. Not that i ever heard of anybody mention here before (except the name of Revan) but that is no drawback at all.:D
    You're doing some powerful story telling here.=D=

Right now, I volunteer as backup to whack Canderous around a bit.:D

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a way to learn you don't speak to Canderous like that

*tsk, tsk*

I'm with MsLana, he needs a good smack upside the head!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    "Why is it women play games?" He rumbled to himself. "No matter were they come from?"

Lol! I hear ya Canderous.

Only read the first update, but I agree with MsLanna, cool down so late people can catch up. [face_batting] Please?

22. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Certainly, I'm away this weekend, so I'll hopefully be posting up on Monday. Thanks for reading this.

23. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Monday, eh? [face_whistling]

;)

24. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Hey!!! MsLanna and Brentus are playing catch up! On top of that I need to do a bit of work on stuff. I'll do it tomorrow ok?

25. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Very well. If you do not, though, I will find you and make you pay for your lies! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.