KOTOR Sourcebook

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarrynVarson, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Picked this up a few days ago, just trying to recover from 2 straight weeks of work now, so have been too tired to post.

Cover is gorgeous, man. Colours mesh well and art is noice. Artwork inside is good too, and lots of juicy stats, but none for Redeemed Jedi Revan (some for Darth Revan). Suprised that some of the bosses from KotOR II are only 19th (and not 20th, as opposed to the epic levels they were in the game which would be not good) level characters, but I guess you can't have a whole slew of 20th level characters in the campaign, of course the diff between 19 and 20 is really minimal at that point.

Love that they had stats for a lot of the goodies you got in the game, like armour and weapons (and even listed manufacturers which was cool).

That's about all I can think of right now. Still pretty tired.
  2. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lots of lvl 19 & 20 characters?

Is now the time to point out the article on level inflation again?
    Aragorn was only 5th level.
  3. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    "Aragorn was only 5th level."

According to...?
  4. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No one who shouldn't be, really.

The only new level 20s IIRC are Exar Kun, Revan, and Kreia. That puts them on par with Yoda, Sidious, Bane, and Luke Skywalker and Boba Fett circa LotF, and I think that's totally appropriate for Revan and not inappropriate for the other two. I might have made the Level 20 club a little more exclusive, and kept Boba Fett, Exar Kun, and Kreia at CL 19, but it's not too far off for me.

The 18s and 19s are Atris circa KOTOR II, Mandalore the Indomitable, Mandalore the Ultimate, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, and Darth Malak, which puts them on the same tier as Mace Windu, Dooku, Han Solo as of LotF, Vader as of the OT, Jerec at the peak of his power, and Darth Krayt as of the Legacy comics era. That seems about right for all involved.
  5. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_thinking] I didn't think Atris would be 18-19 lvl.

Very intresting. But wouldn't that make a character too powerful? I mean, how many time per encounter does one get in mortal danger? [face_thinking]

A Dashing Swordsman! Awesome! :p

Looks like this book is great. Can't wait to get my hands on it, but I have to wait till the end of September, unfortunately. :(
  6. dizfactor Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Probably not more than one, unless you're stupid, your GM is a sadist, or your character is intentionally sacrificing his or her own life. Yes, someone with Lucky Stop is pretty much unkillable except in those circumstances. I think you need Knack and Lucky Shot as prereqs, though, so I don't think that's inappropriately powerful.

Yes, it's very nice. Between the new talent tree and the PrC, Noble just became a lot more viable as a light combat option, and between that path and the new Corporate Agent PrC, Noble just became more viable, period.
  7. Vrook_Lamar Jedi Master

star 4
    Malak is level 20 as well.

Yeah, Malak is stronger than Nihilus and Sion.

Take that Obsidian.
  8. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Academy-Training-Manual/dp/0786951834/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

Anyone seen this? Know anything about it?

Just looking on the Wizards boards to find more out

Due out 19th May in UK, a month or two before the Rebellion Era Guide.
  9. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I recall hearing about it when I put the release dates on my calendar. I didn't connect that it was an RPG supplement though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.