main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotor/Star Wars movie connection

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_DSpice, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_DSpice

Darth_DSpice Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    If you ppl have played Kotor you may notice many similarities between the 2 games and the 6 movies. Some examples include:
    1) Story told through the droids
    2) Sith Vs. Jedi obviously
    3) Hk-47/C-3PO get memories wiped and T3-M4 and R2-D2 can tell the entire story
    4) Kotor1 is similar to original trilogy and Kotor2 is combanation of prequel and sequel trilogies.

I have only touched upon very few similarities between Kotor and the movies. If there are any similar concepts or other stuff between the two feel free to let others know of your opinion

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    There isn't any opinion to it, I don't believe. :) They were designed that way. That's one of the reasons I liked KotOR 1 so much. It had such a Star Wars feel to it.

The main parallel I saw in KotOR 1 was the arrangement of the "big surprise". The Revan Revalation caught me just as off guard as "No, I am your father." That was truly Star Wars-esque. I loved it!

But was KotOR 1 really told through a droid? I didn't get that impression. You didn't get T3 until you had already played Taris for a bit, so he wouldn't have known what went on on the Endar Spire or your first few conversations with Carth.

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'm having a hamburger for dinner.

4. Russy

Russy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I thought there were a few connections with KoToR 2, Like Atton was a similar character to Han Solo and T3 to R2-D2, But that was it. I think the similarities were only superficial and the storyline was not at all similar...which i thinks a good thing ! *does a jig*

This is my first post btw, Hi everyone ;]

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Revan's identity was ruined for me becuase of you losers on these boards. By the time I finally got an Xbox, a hundred of you geeks were running around the boards squealing, "My character is really Revan! My character is really Revan!"

:mad:

6. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Heh. Uh oh. :( That's okay. My dad told me Luke and Leia were twins before I ever saw Star Wars. :(

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Hello Russy, welcome to my forum!

8. Russy

Russy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Alright! *sticks up thumb*

your Officially my first friend !

(lucky you :p)

9. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Wanna be my new sidekick? Chim grew up [face_plain]

10. Russy

Russy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    As long as thats not slang on this board for anything homosexual then sure !! :D

11. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    nevermind then

12. Russy

Russy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    *Worried Face*

13. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Y'all seem to forget that Kreia forsaw Jango Fett's demise, the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Rise of the Galactic Empire.

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    gwah? :eek:

15. Russy

Russy Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Hmmm - Yeah good point but still, her foreseeing that was only a small part of the game, but i suppose thats the biggest link between KoToR and the Movies

16. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Y'all seem to forget that Kreia forsaw Jango Fett's demise, the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Rise of the Galactic Empire.

yup i noticed that too im looking at the end part right now (Spoilers)

"They will die a death that will last millenia, until all that remines is their code, and their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, to eaisly slain by jedi."

And if you are darkside you throw Kreia down the Core of Malachore VI, just like Vader throwing Sidous down the core of the Death Star.

17. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Atleast she didn't say...

"They will die a death that will last millenia, until all that remines is their code, and their history, and in the end, the shell of their armor upon the shell of a man, to eaisly slain by a blind man."

18. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    Well its sort of told through T3-M4 because he knows the entire story of both games. He probably hears about the Endar Spire, Mandalorian Wars, Revan and Malak's history and other stuff like that through conversations you have with other characters while he is around. In addition he traveled with Revan until he went to Malachor and he stayed on the Ebon Hawk and knows the whole deal with Kreia, Sion, and Nihilus while on Malachor. Plus he knows all the stuff going on with the exile, so basically he knows the entire story like R2-D2

By the way Valyn why are you reading Kotor forums if you haven't played the game and plan on playing it.

19. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Some parallels:

The Ebon Hawk is a Millenium Falcon stand in obviously

Alderann-Taris

Admiral krath-Admiral Piett

Levithan-Executor

Star Forge-Death Star

Vandar-Yoda

The "jawless" sequence with Malak and the Vader unhelmeted sequence in Empire

Admiral Dodoona and her descendant in ANH

the big ROTJ-style fleet battle and trademark victory celebration ending

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I finished both games. But before I started KotOR1, I never visited the KotOR specific threads. There was always just a bunch of Revan gushers populating other threads. [face_plain]

21. Darth_DSpice

Jun 3, 2005
    Good point. That is why I mark all my posts *spoilers* unless its in a *spoilers* forum.

22. TheHappyStormtrooper

TheHappyStormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    On tatoinne (sp?) you meet Konda Fortuna. Hes the great-great-great-etc-etc grandfather of Bib Fortuna, that twilek in Jabbas palace.

23. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Vandar-Yoda

both played by Frank Oz aswel the oringnal Yoda.

24. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    T3-M4 = R2-D2?

I demand evidence based solely on similarity of their quoteds before I believe any of that blasphemy.

Both KOTOR and OT were preceded by a huge war (Mandalorian and Clone)

Both had sequences from the turets of a freighter with a nonsensical bird-related name.

25. KAOS_SKYWALKER

KAOS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    there are other ancsters in the game also like cassussas FETT(well his armor)that the only one i remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.