main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR still rocks, 6 years after it came out!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthCruciation, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCruciation

DarthCruciation Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2009
    I had just gotten off of work, I had been flying all day, and I was really wanting to play a videogame. I had never finished KOTOR. I started playing it back in 2004, and for some reason stopped. Well anyway, I started a new game, and I was blown away. That was 3 weeks ago and I've already put 32 hours into the game. I'm impressed by how well the game has held up after all these years. It just goes to show with all the changing graphics and gameplay in titles these days, quality is still quality.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    awesome game

3. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I totally agree! Its an amazing game. In my opinion one of the best RPG games ever made. I still love KOTOR, but its been a while since i`v played it. So sad the story was never really finished, it deserved a better fate. They will make a Mass Effect trilogy, they should have done the same with KOTOR.

4. DarthCruciation

Apr 10, 2009

Yeah it would be awesome if they could do a third one. I'm looking forward to the Old Republic to see how they turn KOTOR into a MMORPG.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Best. SW. Game. Ever.

'Nuff said.

6. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I really love this game and I'm pretty excited for BioWare's The Old Republic MMO that is in development.

7. DarthFrenchFry

DarthFrenchFry Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2007
    100`% AGREED.

KOTOR is the best Star Wars game of ALL time and one of the best games I've ever played period.

8. Master_Chief

Master_Chief Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003

9. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    They are.

10. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    Lol, that sacrilege of a threequel, that blasphemous MMO. No. We needs KOTOR III, where you go after Revan and the Exile and beat the True Sith.

11. Darth-Mortis

Darth-Mortis Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2007
    I love KOTOR I and II. I wish they would put out a third installment. Star Wars is supposed to come in threes. If they do make III, I'd like to jump forward to the Darth Bane/Brotherhood of Darkness era.

12. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I have never played KOTOR. Everyone tells me it's cool but I still never have. I guess I need to. This thread just made me think about getting it soon. [face_thinking]

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That wouldn't make much sense, now would it? ;)
    First, they haven't finished the story they currently have, second, that wouldn't be much of a trilogy, as the first part of your post indicates, third, we know what happened in the Bane era, that's not really something to build an RPG on, there is no freedom for both the developers and the players. Such a game would even make TOR look like KOTOR III, and that's an MMO and thus completely useless as the third part.

Maybe, some day they will create a new single-player RPG in a different time period, but right now I wouldn't bank on it.

14. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Best game ever. Love the sequel, too.

15. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I highly recommend it! BioWare wrote in an incredible twist into the first game, and no video game experience has topped it yet!

16. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Even after playing it multiple times, its still fun every time I pop in the disc. It might be the greatest SW videogame ever.

17. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    The only twist that topped the one in KOTOR was ESB. I love the game and I don;t own it, but have to borrow it from my friendly library.

18. DarthCruciation

Apr 10, 2009
    Definitely check it out man. Even though it came out in 2003, it's still a fantastic game that has stood up to the test of time.

19. DarthFrenchFry

DarthFrenchFry Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2007
    I agree. They really should have made a KOTOR 3 that ties it all together. My HOPE is that the MMO is so far ahead, timeline-wise, of the first 2 that it leaves an option for a 3rd. But thats probably wishful thinking. I havent read too much about TOR and some things I have read already refer to characters in KOTOR, so we'll see... Although, truthfully, if Bioware wasnt going to do the third, I don't know if I'd want anyone else touching it.

Man... This really makes me want to play the first one again!!!

20. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    IIRC it's set 50 years after KOTOR 2.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You mean the MMO?
    No, that one is set about 300 years after the two KOTORs.

Of course that's enough time to put in a third KOTOR, but I seriously doubt that LucasArts would even consider it. The story of that game is somewhat included in the MMO, a single player game would never get the space that it needs nor the spotlight it deserves, with this MMO being around.

As for anyone doing it, I'd have chosen Obsidian ahead of Bioware anyway. While I prefer KOTOR to KOTOR II (slightly), this was still Obsidian's idea, they should have finished it.

22. Darth-Mortis

Darth-Mortis Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2007
    OK you got me there. [face_blush]

23. Redeemed_Jedi

Redeemed_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2009
    Kotor and Kotor2 are my teo favourite RPG's ever. The first time I played through Kotor was simply epic. I never actually began the first until long after the second was out and old. One of my friends bought the game, and I was intrigued. I played the first many times, then aquired and played the second one through as well.

However, I don't think the Story is anywhere near complete, and A finale to the games is necessary I think. If TOR is going to take place 50 years or so after Kotor2, I think that there is ample time there to insert a finale. A MMO simply is not an effective tool to complete the story line.

I also don't see the creators not seizing the oppurtunity to sell a third Kotor installment. The first two developed such a following that a third is a no-brainer. I simply don't see them not capitolizing on this easy sell.

24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    TOR has the opponents that would have been in KOTOR III and they have said that it's pretty much KOTOR 3 to 9. They are not going to put another single-player game in that period when TOR is already using what came out of the two KOTORs, no matter how useless an MMO is when it comes to further the story.

Simply put, there isn't much reason to create a game that achieves nothing story-wise. They would have no freedom in story-development.

25. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    KOTOR is my favorite game of all time, which is really saying something, considering how many amazing games have come out recently.

I wish they would put it on the Xbox Originals already, I mean, people really want to play "Zapper" and "Grabbed by the Ghoulies". :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.