main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I figured that even if we have a KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic...though I'm sure you all know that;)) we probably don't have an Old Republic one. So I decided to make one for both of these games.

So any and all fans of Knights of the Old Republic, or The Old Republic...you now have a home and a place to stay. Check your feet on the way in, and introduce yourselves. Don't worry, I don't bite.:p

And for a banner...I figure this works:

[​IMG]

Now come all KOTOR/TOR fans...this is your thread!

EDIT: And to make this clear...yes these are games. But both KOTOR and TOR also have valid EU status thanks to the comics/books revolving around them. So I figure making a thread here is justified.:p

EDIT Zwei: Though if the game aspect means it doesn't fit here...then by all means change it to a fanclub for the comics/books. Let me know (Sinre? Addie? Heck, even Bardan probably knows better than I do)

2. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I hate TOR, but KOTOR is something I'll never get tired of.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I've never even played TOR myself...but I figured that it would be easier to combine them. Personally I still wanted a KOTOR III myself.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Kotor was a glorious coupling of games. . .TOR I have no say on as I haven't played it.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Three weeks and my son will join this one!

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Statement: I look forward to interogating meeting him O:)

100PercentStarWars and zark like this.
  7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Knights of the Old Republic I and II are some of my favorite videogames. I should get the bundle, because the German KOTOR 1 edition from 2003 doesn't work on my computer. Star Wars: The Old Republic was just a hype. Okay, KOTOR was a hype, too, but also an excellent videogame, SWTOR was a hype and nothing more.

8. AdamQD

AdamQD Jedi Master

Apr 2, 2006
    TOR is a sensitive subject, But, KotOR is my favorite game of all time, and some of the best Star Wars ever written :)

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I love HK-47

TheDarkLordess likes this.
  10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Some characters were just amazing that way, any one else and it's annoying. HK-47 was actually able to pull it off, and if you turned the sound off and used captions you immediately knew what kind of reply you were reading before you read it :) I was sad that his side story arc in the KotOR II was cut short :(

11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Get KOTOR II on the computer and you can get the (finally) complete restoration mod.:D

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I have it for the computer, where's the restoration mod? Tell Me! :p

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am likely to join ToR when free2play kicks in. See, we shall.

Incidentally, out of KotoR, KotoR II, the KotoR Comics and ToR, which is your favourite and why?

I love KotoR II for one word: Kreia. Needn't say much else :p

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    As released: KOTOR is my favorite.

With mods: KOTOR II since with the restored content mod it is a much better and more complete game. Much more in-depth than the first game.

Can't comment on TOR since I don't have it.:p

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    KOTOR was grand

Yet, KOTOR II had Gand[face_thinking]

Tough decision.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  17. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    KOTOR I has a better storyline (the search for the Star Forge is much more interesting than the search for the Jedi Masters) and nicer characters (come on, that Nihilus guy is just creepy) and KOTOR II more advanced gameplay. So I prefer the first one.

Then he will shoot your knees with an Aratech sniper rifle and trilight scope from a distance of 120 km.^^

18. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I can let you know when f2p shows up, though I've heard it's already started. I can't tell you for certain since I've been playing off an on since early access last year.

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I've been thinking about trying TOR since the f2p is starting...

20. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    If you go republic, go smuggler, so much story fun to be had there from the get go. The other storylines get better as you move on from your starting planets. Empire is harder to choose, though since I don't like Hutta, I'd recommend one of the sith classes.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been interested in KotOR for quite a while, but I never played them or read the comics, though I would like to play and read them at some point. TOR has been interesting since I saw the cinematic trailers, but its going to be a long time before I can play it, because I don't have a computer that can handle it.

22. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Hmm. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna go ahead and download it now actually.

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Thats what my son says too.....Smuggler has a great story line he reckons and also the bounty hunter class is terrible because its just the same thing over and over (I'm typing word for word as he stands beside me here).

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ...yep...he is SO going to end up here once he hits 13 isn't he?

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes, 27th.....he was just standing here over my shoulder, late for school (he had a tummy ache last night and was up till midnight) but he was giving me the low down... ;)