main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Actually, they are planning some sort of new game in the ME-verse. Whether or not its an actual ME4 is up for debate though.

EDIT: Also, 250 posts!![face_party]

Now we just need a Senator...I will be taking nominations.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
  3. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    With regards to a third KOTOR, do you think it has to follow Revan? The Old Republic tells us what happened to him, so it would be strange having a KOTOR 3 based on the enigma that is Revan.

4. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012
    Also, even though I am new to the forum and this board I'll be egotistical and nominate myself.

5. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    No TOR doesn't tell us what happened to Revan. It tells us what happened to his poorly made clone! :p

(in all seriousness, I despise what TOR (both books and game) did to Revan)

tjace likes this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Best to let that hillok keep what it has swallowed, Kotor III could be about a different Jedi in the times after TOR. Basically a mop up or redemption mission of a Jedi?

7. Llew

Llew Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Heyo,

Well, I see a lot of KOTOR love on here, so sign me up in the SWTOR loving column. I actually really enjoy the game. I played it fairly hardcore the first 6 months it was out, but cancelled in June. I succumbed to "internet rage syndrome", whereby I was influenced by the thoughts and opinions of many folk online to see things from... a certain point of view (very negative).

I had a wonderful bounty hunter named Llew that had done pretty much all the content available at the time. I'd accomplished quite a bit of stuff, too. Beat Nightmare Eternity Vault, Nightmare Karagga's Palace, and almost beat Hard Mode Explosive Conflict (thought I beat it on Story mode several times). I also helped defeat the Nightmare Pilgrim a couple of times. I also had War Hero status on PVP, but that was more due to having too much time and not enough content.

Last month, when I read about it going free to play, it got me intrigued about the game again, so I dug out my PC from the closet and signed up for a subscription again. So far, it looks like they've fixed a lot of the gripes I had with the game to begin with, and I've decided to take a more leisurely pace with the game, really explore the story a lot more. I don't have a ton of play time in the last few weeks, but I have enjoyed every minute of what I've done so far. I also decided I wasn't going to play it just for gear and content progression, at least until I've exhausted every bit of story there is. I plan to play all 8 jobs through to 50, and write a journal about each of the experiences as I go along, a sort of "in character" thing so that I can look back on my playtime in a couple of years and reminisce about the tales that I experience. So far, my new Jedi Knight Shardule is loving every minute of it :).

For those that wished for a KOTOR 3, all I can say is that there's a hefty amount of single-player content to this game. If you've got a fair bit of time on your hands, you can pretty much play it like an offline game, as there is very little content that requires pairing up with other players if you don't want to. It's not until really late in the game does it become more necessary to find others to play with, but with the right group, the story can be quite immersive.

If anyone has any questions about the game or wants to join up some time for a bit of adventuring, drop me a PM here or look up Shardule on The Ebon Hawk. I'd be happy to chat about any aspect of the game!

Prodigy_Knight and Chewbacca89 like this.
  8. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Would anyone else be in favor of a KOTOR novel? I would love to see a John Miller novel based around Zayne.

darth fluffy likes this.
  9. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012
    I'd like to see a novel based on Canderous. Manderlorians in general interest me, so hearing how he went about saving them from extinction would be a great story imo.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  10. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Kotor is the best game ever to me. I liked Kotor 2 too, and I think that it has a much more complex story and also has Kreia which IMO is the best companion in video games. But still the original Kotor is more epic.

Trask Ulgo likes this.
  11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Anyone else read the new game informer? There was a snippet about KOTOR3 being in the works. Just a rumor, but still...

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Wait...what? Darn it, being stuck with nothing but a computer sucks! :p

13. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012
    I completely agree. KOTOR 2 is much darker and gives you the sense that the galaxy is on the verge of collapse. Because of the unique story it should be preferred over the original, but the original i such a perfect epic.

14. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    How can this happen though knowing the events of TOR and Revan novel (especially it's ending). To be fair, as much as I love Kotor games, a game that only feels like Kotor but doesn't continue it's story and it's not linked to Revan and Exile doesn't sound appealing to me.

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    To be fair...I most certainly wouldn't care if they retconned what happened to Revan/Exile :p

More likely though, it will continue the story of the other characters. Atton, Canderous, Mission, etc.

16. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012
    The charecters from KOTOR 2 were supposed to rebuild the Jedi Order. That is a good starting point for a story.

17. HighGround

HighGround Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2012
    I thought the characters were much better in KOTOR 2. I mean mostly all the characters were actually related to the story, either through war or the force. The characters in the first game, a lot of them have very little to do with the story. Like Bastila was there as the teacher and the stereotypical good Jedi, but really they could have replaced her with anyone. Carth was pretty important. Canderous was also important as he tells you the history of the wars and stuff, other than those 2, the rest of the characters were just there to fill the classic character archetypes, the happy Mission, the loyal but one-dimensional Zalbarr, the funny Jolee, the mysterious Juhuani, the droids, but really they very little to do with the story (especially Mission and Zalbaar, they offered no opinion on almost anything). HK-47, while funny, wasn't completely related to the story. T3, was just well....useless most of the time. Actually, the Non-Party members like Vrook and that Twilek female Sith felt more important than most of your party members.

In KOTOR 2, all the characters were either related to the story, or was hurt from the war. Atton was supposed to be your enemy, because of his murders in the war. Bao-Dur was one of the big reasons why Malachor V killed so many people. Kreia was the manipulator and connected to everything. Handmaiden was the voice of Atris, who is also connected to you. Canderous was also at Malachor V. Visas was also a victim of the war, and was also at Malachor V. HK-47 became the philosophical voice of Revan, who is connected to everything. T3 also told you a lot about Revan, Bastila and Carth. G0T0 is fighting a secret war trying to save the Republic. Hanharr was being manipulated by Kreia. Disciple was a spy for the republic, so the only character that had nothing to do with the story was Mira, after she saved you from G0T0 that should have been it for her.

I felt connected to the characters in KOTOR 2 even though they may not be likable (they even hated each other in the game, which was pretty refreshing).

Ryus likes this.
  18. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012
    I admit that I like most of the characters in both games, but you are right in that KOTOR made the characters more relevant to the story. Also, I love that they allowed a few to be usable in both

19. HighGround

HighGround Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2012
    Anyone got any lesser-known "secrets" regarding both KOTOR 1 and 2?

I'll just list the ones I know

For KOTOR 2:

- If you have Hanharr in your party, bring him to Onderon the first time you go, you'll get lots of great character exposition dialogue out of him (I'm sure most people have never seen this).

- Bring G0T0 with you the first time you go to Dantooine, he will threaten to enslave one of the salvagers.

- When you are the droid on Telos, go around the entire city and talk to as many people as you can, they wrote tons of extra dialogue for that one

- You can kill that fish-looking merchant on Dantooine, if you have HK-47 in your party

- If you have Mira with you on Dantooine, she will threaten to kill that Mechanic

- If you get enough influence with HK-47, you can buy a special droid chip that overrides his assassin protocols and make him a peaceful droid

- Bring Bao-Dur with you on Nar Shadaa, he knows that Tienn guy and they have a good chat.

For KOTOR 1:

- Bring Juhani with you to Korriban, she knows one of the archeologists there.

- If you have T3 in your party at the Khoonda estate on Dantooine, he will have some extra dialogue.

- Bring T3 with you when buying HK-47

- Get a mod that allows Bastila on Korriban, she has TONS of extra dialogue.

20. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Well...I have KOTOR 2 again. And I managed to forget how addicting it was :p

Also...Mitthy...it actually is possible (supposedly) to calm the Kath Hounds on Nar Shadaa. At least according to a walkthrough I found. We'll see when I get to that part.

21. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Me neither. I don't think we would have all cared as much IF TOR was a huge, overwhelming success of a game that introduced characters that are just as cool as Revan was. Since it didn't exactly turn out that way, I think people just ended up disappointed that they used such a popular figure to lead into a game that didn't reach the heights of KOTOR I/II.

22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey guys I wanted to officially state my intentions for hoping to become the Senatorial Ambassador for the KOTOR fan club.

23. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Actually it would be the full Senator post. :p

24. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Hey there, brand new here, but Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords is my favourite story of all time, so I would gladly join this conversation.

Ryus and Trask Ulgo like this.
  25. Trask Ulgo

Dec 8, 2012