main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Well i really like lots of differents paths to go and lots of character customization. So picking what u and ur party members wear and what weapons things like that.

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I am loving tython

3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I only just started playing it a couple months ago myself so I don't know about all the options... but I really like the storylines for my current classes (trooper and jedi consular)

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I'm a consular too!

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Ah cool :) Building his (mine is a male human) first lightsaber was so exciting, such a good story. Apparently the legacy name I chose is the same as the last name of one of the Consular companions, weirdly enough - I didn't know when I chose it, surprised it let me.

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    It was hard to find an available name :p

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Mine are a bit odd... Letida for my trooper, Gloor for my consular. Don't ask about either, I tried for ages with random spellings to find names :p

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Mine is ChewieTheWook :p

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I realised that it's the actual character name so I came up with something... nah, it's still terrible :p

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I meant mine are actual names ;) kidding of course.

Trying to figure out how much it is for species unlocks, I want to play as a twi'lek :(

12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Mine is a real name too! :p

13. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Ironically enough, TOR has become wildly known for its single player portion rather then the actual MMO bits. Its a game where you can finally create your own Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunter/etc. story in the Star Wars universe. The fact that you get interactive cutscenes and a good dose of the Star Wars soundtrack thrown in there, its a fanboy/girl's dream come true. Definitely one of the high points during my Consular's storyline was when he got his first lightsaber: I had been giddy throughout the entire sequence and couldn't help but let out a unusually-feminine, fanboyish squeal at the end :p

Like so.

However, despite how enjoyable the class stories are, the Imperial Agent's storyline is considered to be the best. And having played it, I agree wholeheartedly. The Agent's storyline offers a lot of intrigue, deception, and some badassery at the same time while giving you a look at the galaxy from a new point of view rather then your standard Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunter/Trooper :cool:

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I keep hearing that, about the Agent... I'll have to put it on my list.

15. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Its very intriguing with a couple twists and turns that had me going "Holycrapwut!? [face_dunno] " Being an Agent of Imperial Intelligence gives you a nice look at the dark elements of the Empire, especially when it comes from working under your "all-powerful", arrogant Sith. Very enjoyable through and through with it only escalating further and further as it went on.

Though my Agent had a bad habit of getting zapped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you get from working with zap-happy Sith I guess :p

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    haha very true :p

I'm going to end up buying some unlocks, I think, but once I'm a higher level with my 2 current characters. Buy some character slots and species unlocks so I can have a go at everything :D

17. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    How much does the full version cost?

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    If you buy a subscription (paying every month) you get everything. There are bundles for unlocks that you can get from the cartel market but I haven't figured out the cost yet. I have no idea what buying the game gets you.

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, I bought the game and a second month of subscription time when I got TOR. That's enough of the money I plan to give EA <.< When it went free-to-play I tried to create a Trooper and complete that character story but during the first couple months, EA restricted you to two characters and since I had my Consular and Agent, I couldn't make any other character unless I deleted one of them which I wasn't going to do so I waited until EA lessened the restrictions and I was able to create my Trooper.

Still, EA is rather strict when it comes to its treatment of free-to-play players. At least from my standpoint compared to when I had been able to access the full content of the game before. I mean come on EA, you're seriously going to restrict quest rewards as well? o_O

I managed to get through most of Coruscant with my Trooper before I called it quits. EA's constant "BUY SUBSCRIPTION FOR THIS STUFF LULZ" kind of annoyed me. That and my friends roped me into TERA which went free-to-play around the same time :p Now TERA does free-to-play as you should; don't restrict any of the main content and just sell outfits or mounts or things like that. Fun stuff which people will be willing to buy because, hey, they don't have to pay for subscriptions.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Same with STO and World of Tanks. Completely free to play, with some bonus stuff that you can buy if you want to.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Same with Planetside 2. I mean I understand EA wants some kind of profit after all the money that was spent creating TOR but this is certainly the wrong way to do it. Especially when there's more attractive options available [face_shame_on_you]

22. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    How does the character creation and customization compare to KOTOR 1 and 2?

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Ehh I've given EA a lot of money over the years for various things :p I like one-time purchases, don't like the idea of subscriptions because I never know when I"ll have time to play

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  24. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Im the same way with DC Universe...

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    The customization is definitely more extensive then the KOTOR games. Faces, expressions, skin tone, scars, other distinguishing marks, different races, etc. As for in-game, you get gear and then modify them with different pieces like your lightsaber. Though changing the different color crystals (in both blasters and lightsabers) will really be the only thing that will change anything about them. Other modifications are just typical stat boosts (Int, Strength, Dexterity, etc).

One thing I did like in terms of customization that TOR did is that there are items that will be able to take whatever mods you put in them. For example, there are robes and armor that are pretty much blank slates and you can put whatever mods you want into them. So, if you like them, you can pretty much just keep putting new, more powerful mods into them to level them up and you can keep them forever. This has also led to instances where I've seen Jedi wearing Trooper armor.

Though I will shamelessly admit that I used this to my advantage in terms of the slave girl outfit. Got my love interest to max level? Put her mods in a slave girl outfit and make her run around in battle and kick butt with that! :cool:

EDIT: EA is just a greedy company all around. A lot of good gaming franchises have pretty much gone way downhill as soon as EA got a hold of them like the Command and Conquer series and their latest failure with Sims and Medal of Honor. There were a lot of games that I've enjoyed but later decided to break away from as EA tends to push developers into taking shortcuts and restricting creativity in order to get the next game out and make a profit...and then keep trying to make a profit with more and more paid DLC.

One of the most sour memories I have of EA is when the company tried to excuse themselves by pretty much saying, "We're in a world where microtransactions and paid DLC are the norm, don't be hating."

The only series I still have hope for is the Battlefield series and....eh...we'll see what happens with Battlefield 4. Kind of on my last leg here when it comes to even that franchise that I've bought and played every game of since Battlefield 1945.

Chewbacca89 likes this.