main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    That's what I love about TOR. Long games are awesome.

Last night a level 50 helped with a heroic on Dromund Kaas and gave me all sorts of loot he picked up. Some people can be so nice. I also did a Heroic with an 11 year old and 13 year old, which was annoying as heck. Children...

2. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    anybody currently playing KOTOR or KOTOR 2?

3. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Yeah, I'm playing through 2 at the moment, and I'm going to start 1 again after I finish :)

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm playing through 2 at the moment, too! I am making this the "definitive" run; making sure I watched every holo-recording on Peragus/the Harbinger, questioned HK-50 as far as I could, asked Kreia to complete the story about Revan, etc. So unless I miss something on Citadel Station, this will be my Alpha Run.

Also, I have a funny glitch in my game, where even when I track down the Rodian and Devaronian bounty hunters to Czerka Corp. and then tell Grenn they're going down to Telos, they don't show up down at Telos where you fight them; there are the three Czerka mercs instead. I wonder if I've done something wrong, because I know I actually encountered them once before on Telos, but it just doesn't happen now. Is there something specific I have to do; am I supposed to not tell Grenn about them, and then they'll be there? Is it implied that Grenn arrested them if you tell him, and they only appear if you don't and they get away? Or is my game just glitched?

5. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Are you working with Czerka? They only show up if you are IIRC (or at least, I've never had them working with the Ithorians).

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I played more of KOTOR I last night, got HK-47 and just about died. There's a difference between reading his lines and hearing them, he's now my go-to companion (along with Carth).

Anyway, have a female Revan and going light side this time around. Mostly because every time I do something dark, Bastila talks to me and it's annoying.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    HK is quite honestly the only Dark companion I keep around in either game. The hilarity value alone is worth it :p

Ironic that you're keeping Carth and say Bastila is annoying when to most people its the opposite though.

(personally, I never found either of them annoying)

zarkinfrood likes this.
  8. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm playing a female Revan and am ready to declare my love for Carth. Of course I keep him around. :p Bastila just annoys me being all high-and-mighty but when she's not she's fun.

Before HK it was some combination of Bastila, Carth, and Canderous. Worked well for me, and the inter-companion dialogue was A+

9. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Mine tended to be some combination of Bastila, Jolee and Carth.

10. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Working through Tatooine, don't have Jolee yet. But HK will always be one now, I enjoy him calling everyone meatbags.

11. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    That's why we men get these opportunities :p

(Only goes up to Tatooine if you're worried about spoilers...though I wouldn't call these spoilers really)

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've spoiled everything for myself, not worried about spoilers. Yes, I definitely saw those openings with Bastila, but we just became BFFs instead :p The writing is so fun in this.

Now to go cuddle up to Carth some more... I seem to have a thing for video game boys from a decade ago, he's not the first or only one I like despite the blocky graphics :p

13. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    I love Carth! Second best video game boyfriend ever. Next to Alistair. He's the best. Then Kaiden.

14. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Eh, Carth was fine. Got annoying here and there but, otherwise, a pretty cool bro.

Now Canderous Ordo and Jolee Bindo, THEY were my favorite characters and either one tended to be in my party along with Bastila.

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Video game boyfriends are the best boyfriends :p

On that note I've decided that I'm going to learn how to write a mod for the game(s). Just a little something for me personally, maybe more once I have it down.

16. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Oh gosh. I'm sorry but from the perspective of a guy, Kaiden was horribly annoying! I killed him off first chance I got!

Hando likes this.
  17. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Well no kidding, he didn't get to lay his smooth moves on you :p

Likewise, I hated Ashley, that xenophobic stuck up bitch lol.

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Speaking of other games I want to play... I need to increase my harem of video game boyfriends. But money :(

19. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    If you never played Dragon Age Origins, make that your next buy. Alistair is seriously the best game boyfriend every created. So cute <3

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've been told more than once about Dragon Age, it sounds fantastic and it's definitely on my list but after KOTOR II. So many games, so little time (and money). Bioware is going to suck me dry.

21. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Jade Empire is another good game from Bioware, but I don't think the gameplay stood the test of time as well as Kotor did lol. Story and music is great though, a really nice Chinese feel to it.

I hope Bioware is able to continue making classics..After the ME3 ending drama and TOR not doing as well as anticipated, I'm really starting to believe EA ruined Bioware..as I figured they would. Plus, no more Drew Karpyshyn (lead writer) :(

22. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    EA has a well-known history of buying gaming companies and running them into the ground >.> I've given up on Bioware after DA2 and ME3 and upon seeing the trailer for DA3, I felt nothing for it >.>

23. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Carth and Bastila are both annoying, imo, but at least Carth's reasons for being annoying and having a lack of trust in you are understandable. Bastila is just an egocentric and cryptic Padawan who thinks she knows it all.

Jolee and HK are by far the best companions KOTOR has to offer.

Btw, I'll be online (TOR) in about two hours. Anybody in at that time?

24. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Anyone doing SWTOR with Bootcamp with their Mac? If so how is it? And depending on the answer should I stick with KOTOR or go ahead and jump right in SWTOR?

VanishingReality likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Happy 10th Anniversary, KOTOR!

Genet-Cabur Kyramud likes this.