main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ooooh. If I can't turn you to the dark side, perhaps I can your son!

zarkinfrood likes this.
  2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    "Nooooo!" - Luke

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

I'm with Zarkin.....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Actually, I asked him and he said

Neeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Huuuuuge fan of the real KOTOR games and the comicss, but still haven't checked out TOR. Not really a MMO person...

The new KotOR: War comics are pretty good; it's exciting to have Zayne back. :D

darth fluffy likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Pfffft. I'll succeed. Don't prep him :p

Adalia-Durron and zarkinfrood like this.
  7. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Huge fan of KotOR II, big fan of KotOR I, fan of TOR. Have gotten my Sith Inquisitor up to level 49, but then my subscription ran out and classes started :(

Mostly I love the way the party members interact - Bastila, Zaalbar, T3, Mira, Visas, Atton, Ashara Zavros. Gameplay wise, I'm the biggest fan of KotOR II - best match of levelling, inventory, crafting, and combat. KotOR I was too limited (and blasters were hilariously underpowered, though I finally beat the game with a blaster), and TOR is too railroaded and too much inventory management.

Not a huge fan of the tie-in material - the comics are too disconnected, the novels are too...erm...what they are.

darth fluffy likes this.
  8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'll be honest, while I loved both Kotors, I only beat each once. They're just so stinking long.

9. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    They sure are, I started KOTOR 1 a few months ago, for good ol' times sake, got a bit nostalgic. Still haven't finished it! When Darth RL doesn't allow a decent gaming time, good RPGs like that can take aaaages.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I can beat KOTOR 1 in...oh a couple days if I have the free time. This comes from beating it so many times I have the thing memorized, including cheats like the level-up glitch for the X-Box version.:p

Numero Dos however...yeah KOTOR II takes a lot longer since I don't own it and thus haven't memorized it enough for when I borrow it. Plus it (even without the restoration mod) is longer than KOTOR 1.

EDIT: Also...anyone else got the Galaxy Droid glitch for KOTOR 1? Nothing quite like going back to Taris as a level 30 Jedi/Sith and slaughtering the enemies who still think you're level 2 or so.:p

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Kotor II just got added to steam, 3 months after I bought the disk version for PC. I'm peeved.

12. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I've beaten KotOR I three times (once with lightsabers, once with a vibroblade, once with blasters). I've taken another game nearly to completion, and nearly completed KotOR II two times in addition to the time I completed it the first time.

Part of the reason I did KotOR I so many more times is 1) it's much easier to plan - more limited levelling, gear, and skills choices; 2) hardware - my computer is really bad; 3) circumstances - I graduated just before I beat KotOR II the second time, and the xbox I was using wasn't mine.

Good RPGs do take ages. MMOs are worse :)

13. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Nah I have a video that'll bring him back.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Too late dark one, been prepped for 13 years for you!!

15. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    What about Alan? or Steve?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There are more children for me to turn?

Excellent, if so.

To stay on topic (sorry!), I really wish Kreia hadn't been so misused in ToR. Though it is mildly ironic that her role is so limited for her self-import.

17. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Kreia was in TOR?

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It was alluded to, yes, that she was one of the spirits under the control of Baras or Angral. I forget which.

19. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Hm. I guess I didn't play that storyline far enough.

20. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Only ever played and beaten KOTOR. Haven't ever played KOTOR II or TOR.... Huge fan of the comics though.

21. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    While I still haven't gotten around reading/playing it yet, TOR (and especially its accompanying novel, Revan) is, from everything I've read, a horrendous betrayal and character assassination of everything that KOTOR II tried to build.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I haven't played TOR either, though I have read (most of) Revan. Can't say that there was much character murder in it, at least not of the Exile, since we didn't have much to go on. Then again, it sucked enough otherwise that I've blocked it from my memory so I could be wrong.:p

23. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I still haven't played TOR because the site has been down for maintenance for two days now... [face_phbbbbt]

24. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've stopped playing TOR because it was just a hype and now it is dying.

KOTOR 1 > KOTOR 2 > TOR

A Tool likes this.
  25. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Confession: I liked Kotor 2 better.

Ryus, A Tool and Sinrebirth like this.