main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Darth Inzealout

Darth Inzealout Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2013
    Interesting, very interesting... I will look into them, screenshot wise though I have to wait until I get access to my other laptop, sadly I share it with a relative who constantly uses it for themselves, and my other laptop ,which I'm currently using, is so slow I can hardly play SWTOR.

2. Darth Inzealout

Nov 10, 2013
    Interesting, very interesting. I will look into those, but when it comes to screenshots I can much less take one then I can walk on a planets which gravity is 500 times heavier than earth's gravity. I could take one sometime later but I'm currently on my kriffing slow as lagg laptop, I'll be on my other laptop when I get it back from a relative who has been a bit greedy in using it, sadly because of the contact I only get it back every other weekend. One of these days, one of these days that guy'll learn to stop pushing my collection of novelty buttons (p.s. that was a terribly long joke that I am explaining make it all the worse).

Signed,
    Darth Inzealout, of the Forgotten Legions of the Sith

3. Darth Inzealout

Nov 10, 2013
    Oops, sorry for the repetition. I tend to be a sir lagg'a'lot.

4. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I'm on the Harbinger...

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    That's because you're a silly person.

:p

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Why am I silly?

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    For being on another server :p it's too bad that legacy achievements and such don't transfer across servers, it'd make starting up on a new one easier. I miss my legacy buffs on Cov :(

8. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    I don't really get how Legacy achievements work. The only nice thing I've gotten from them is the Warrior buff on my other characters. Oh, and choke. Other than those two, I don't know what else I can use to my benefit.

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, there's a few things. Obviously some title unlocks, which are kind of meh; there's the buffs, which I really appreciate; getting to full affection and finishing the convos with companions grants a legacy-wide boost to companions of that class; and of course the legacy species unlocks.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Reputation with the various groups is locked to legacy as well, which can make it easier to level that up, and having legacy levels grants bonus powers and unlocks too. Basically I've spent some serious time looking at legacy to see what it does and it's quite useful imo.

I just wish my Bergeren legacy name was better, just took the first thing I thought of. Well, I did the same on Cov but it sounds more SW :p

By the way, would anyone here on Cov be interested in buying Mira's jacket? I got it through an odd series of circumstances and I thought I'd offer it to our lovely club here before I try to sell on the GTN.

10. Darth Inzealout

Nov 10, 2013
    Quick question, if I've played and beat KOTOR one 5 times, KOTOR two 4 and 3/4 times, and haven't even got enough effort to beat TOR at least twice. Does that make me evil, or just a terrible gamer? I doubt I'm evil, but I like alternate opinions. Oh and, just off the top of my head, how much would one kilogram of tibanna gas cost in both credits and in other forms of human currency?

11. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    As I've never even played TOR... :p

12. Darth Inzealout

Nov 10, 2013
    Well I know I'm not going to gamer tarturus then, whew. I thought for sure I was goner there. I still wonder though, about the price of tibanna gas, how much does it cost in credits and other human currency cost? **opens up google search**

Just looked it up and its 50 credits a kg, or so says a "mathematician". Still haven't found it in dollars or euros yet but look, I will.

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    TOR has a ridiculously long campaign compared to most single-player games. I've got one character at level 50 and that took me months - to put it in perspective, I think I finished KOTOR 1 in a couple days, and would have finished KOTOR 2 in a few days if it wasn't for ridiculous glitches. I do have a bunch of middling level characters but I'm still well out from hitting level 50 with any other character - my next closest is my Jugg at 33, I believe, then a couple at 25. I'm not great at TOR admittedly, but I spent a lot of time playing it in Sweden. *cries a little because she misses it*

14. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    TOR is indeed ridiculously long. I'm never again touching my Warrior because of that. Spent too much time on him to spend a minute more. My BH and my Inq are now my priority.

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Same with my Trooper. I love her, but now that I'm done the story I don't really have any urge to play as her - all I'd be doing is messing around to get better gear, and I'm pretty satisfied with my current set.

I'm stuck on my Jugg now though, even when my internet works. Because she's my highest imp and I didn't really do FPs on my Trooper anyway, I have literally no clue what to do in the current dailies (Cademimu(?) and the one after that) and I am getting kicked from groups when I say I've never run them before, since apparently tanks are supposed to magically know everything. Problem being that I really need to level my Jugg before heading back to Taris and WZs don't do enough. Sigh. Should have levelled a healer first to learn the FPs.

16. Darth Inzealout

Nov 10, 2013
    You know, it took me quite a while, but I think I've come to finally understand that, if revan can be preserved by Lord Vitiate without carbonite freezing, could the same method of imprisonment to revan be used to put hundreds or thousands of sith into suspended animation as a back-up plan to later engage the republic and jedi if the sith and the empire lose to them once again? If so we should come to understand more of this "force hibernation/suspension" and look into its uses as a 1( life prolonger, 2( just a force sleep, or 3( a possible way to do the first one or two and increase force powers. If that could be achieved the sith could, or swtor development team could, open up a possibility to create a game, or expansion, set into the more far away future star wars EU, in a sense it would have to become one of two things, a hidden canon no one else in the universe knows of except for a select few, or so far into the future of star wars it then becomes possible. Though, either way, it would be interesting to have future sith or jedi engaging or joining with past counterparts that have been preserved over the ages...

Sorry for sharing this if its just way too off, but I was just thinking of it while playing a bit of SWTOR.

17. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    So how are your playthroughs going, guys?

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Not. But with double XP starting... I might be on tonight :D

(If I can resist the lure of the AC4 icon, that is)

19. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    OMG! it took me forever but i am finally killed the Sith on Uphrades. I used Resolve Stim instead of Strength.[face_relieved]

20. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    lmao I can't believe it took you this long! :p

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    And I finished KOTOR 2 at last! Sort of. I messed up the ending so I'm going to play the last hour again to get the ending I want but... success! I have 5 glitched save files, and only barely managed to rescue this one through completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game after another glitch but yanno... I made it. It's only taken, oh, four months or so.

22. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    lol, at least you made it. How'd you like the game?

Btw, did you guys play TOR during the double XP week? It was insane. I went from level 39 to level 52 with my Inquisitor playing about 3 hours a day on average. Imagine where would I be now if I had played more...

23. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Less and less with every playthrough :p like the party members more than KOTOR 1, but the story was more confusing even with the restored content mod.

I was on a bit, got my Jugg up from 33 to 43. But then it tried to send me back to Quesh so I messed around with my consular and didn't go on the last 2 nights. Still suffering lag but it's better than before at least. However I realised I missed out on doing the Foundry FP, so sad :p

24. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I missed it!!!!

25. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I had no credits for repairs thats why it took me forever. :p

Plus I stopped playing my Jedi Sentinel for quite awhile too.